• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Mods tagging players in pve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
So me hilltim irish and lightning were lvling at a dungeon in pve, about half way through the 100% 1 hour boost i used some people showed up, and it turns out hilltim's aoe's put them in combat. They wouldn't stop to get out of combat and since some of our guys were low lvls their aoe's were killing them so i was forced to smack em till ded

@hilltim1 @Irishman81 @lightning547

Last edited:

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Isn't killing people in PvE illegal? (You guy 'rekt' their face to hell, that kinda sounds like you tried to kill them)

Regardless, that sounds like a rather major bug...

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Isn't killing people in PvE illegal? (You guy 'rekt' their face to hell, that kinda sounds like you tried to kill them)

Regardless, that sounds like a rather major bug...
It is not a bug its actually just Hiltim's Tagging Ability ( Or whatever its called... Its just a cool Mod power ) that he can bypass no-PVP zones by tagging people into combat regardless. He appears to have no control over ( Or at least to any extent I saw ) so his AOE's would bypass the Region Regardless. I saw him repeatedly warn the people about it, and the people he seemed to be arguing with didn't seem to take heed to that, so I don't see anything wrong on his side. Maybe Coolbeans shouldn't have taken advantage of it, but he didn't break any rules I can see either. Its not a bug either way.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
It is not a bug its actually just Hiltim's Tagging Ability ( Or whatever its called... Its just a cool Mod power ) that he can bypass no-PVP zones by tagging people into combat regardless. He appears to have no control over ( Or at least to any extent I saw ) so his AOE's would bypass the Region Regardless. I saw him repeatedly warn the people about it, and the people he seemed to be arguing with didn't seem to take heed to that, so I don't see anything wrong on his side. Maybe Coolbeans shouldn't have taken advantage of it, but he didn't break any rules I can see either. Its not a bug either way.
well they could have left/stopped using aoes and got out of combat, but instead they continued and their aoes kept actually damaging some of us (not me because dreadaura on all the slimes) i was forced to kill them otherwise our group would have died.

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5
The fact that you killed them, knowing they were tagged by a mod power (Which, i don't think should exist anyway) and also knowing that should not happen normally, makes what you did, in my opinion, illegal. They should, at the least, get their stuff back.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
The fact that you killed them, knowing they were tagged by a mod power (Which, i don't think should exist anyway) and also knowing that should not happen normally, makes what you did, in my opinion, illegal. They should, at the least, get their stuff back.
hilltim told them multiple times to stop fighting to get out of combat or to leave, yet they continued aoeing us, if someones in combat killing me and my group im going to kill them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is an issue with 1.8 - there is a fix coming in.

Mods (and admins) have the ability to PVP any player, anywhere.

Thanks for the report!

Status
Not open for further replies.