• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mod's - Can't Handle Pe's Within their Own Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I just believe that mods shouldn't be able to Handle pe's involving their own town, it's Just a little hard not to be bias, Like I mean
(not saying any names) put say I get into a town, There appears to be No Visible way to get into the town, so Then the Mod asks me how I get in, But then the Mod is IN that town so It would sorta be his Job to fix it.... Not Saying this has Happened I just don't think Mods should handle pe's involving their own town.

@Xanipher I've talked to you about this....

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
The mods have been spoken to about this a few weeks ago. They understand their position and what the can and can't do. Any situations that would be considered sensitive are to be brought to the admins. We have full confidence in them to do the right thing and to keep their staff life separate from their game life. However, if you suspect any foul play/bias please send a private message on the forums to the admins with any evidence you may have. Please be constructive and rational about your accusations. Just because you don't like a staff member it does not mean you should try to get them demoted. Often players don't understand or misinterpret actions of staff and we would be happy to clarify. This is something we take very seriously and so please do not make false accusations. It wastes everyone's time.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
The mods have been spoken to about this a few weeks ago. They understand their position and what the can and can't do. Any situations that would be considered sensitive are to be brought to the admins. We have full confidence in them to do the right thing and to keep their staff life separate from their game life. However, if you suspect any foul play/bias please send a private message on the forums to the admins with any evidence you may have. Please be constructive and rational about your accusations. Just because you don't like a staff member it does not mean you should try to get them demoted. Often players don't understand or misinterpret actions of staff and we would be happy to clarify. This is something we take very seriously and so please do not make false accusations. It wastes everyone's time.
Oh I wasn't accusing anyone XD, This thread was so that you guys wouldn't have to waste time with accusations....

zjacob1

Gold
This has happened to me before, I think the town was Port Royal. I fell down a hole, then ended up in their town, was excited for my discovery for like 5 minutes, realized there was no way out, panicked, then some guy came and got me out. Later that day, I think I got Accused of Hacking, and cited of multiple instances of grief, including getting into an impossible place. To prove I wasn't, and that it was possible, I tried to refind the hole, but someone had already covered it.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Unless it's a very serious issue, mods are able to do PEs from their own town. They are judged a lot harder however for their actions in those cases. If you think there's staff corruption the admins could easily* search the logs and remove them.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Unless it's a very serious issue, mods are able to do PEs from their own town. They are judged a lot harder however for their actions in those cases. If you think there's staff corruption the admins could easily* search the logs and remove them.
Nah, I just made this so it would be easier so the admins wouldn't have to deal with people saying staff are corrupt XD

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
My fault how? I cant control what others say or do.....

Mainly the passive-aggressive way you wrote. Everyone knows that all the mods were in AD last map. By "not saying any names", you are still calling out the only *active* mods on the server.

But fret not; All of the mods are going their own way this map. As they've said, they are already heavily scrutinized by the admins when they answer PEs for their own town. This map will be easier since they won't
have to waste time with accusations....
eh?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Mainly the passive-aggressive way you wrote. Everyone knows that all the mods were in AD last map. By "not saying any names", you are still calling out the only *active* mods on the server.

But fret not; All of the mods are going their own way this map. As they've said, they are already heavily scrutinized by the admins when they answer PEs for their own town. This map will be easier since they won't
eh?
Not accusing anything, its just that people always HAVE accused Mods of shit, and this would eliminate this

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I personally don't think mods should be able to play the server normally.

RagingDragon5

Portal
This happened to me alot with AD not saying any names.
If it did happen you should of reported that mod then. Since nothing happened to any of the mods I'm just going to assume that you are lying like always.

I personally don't think mods should be able to play the server normally.
Why? they are just players who have the trust of kainzo/admins to help make the server run smoothly. It's not like they have the same powers as Admins.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
If it did happen you should of reported that mod then. Since nothing happened to any of the mods I'm just going to assume that you are lying like always.

Why? they are just players who have the trust of kainzo/admins to help make the server run smoothly. It's not like they have the same powers as Admins.
Just gunna say...... Xhazed dosnt always lie

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

Raging it doesn't matter whether you say they are or they aren't biased everyone is a little bit, so in my opinion they shouldn't play. I know they have the trust of Kainzo but they still have the power to ban and mute players.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Raging it doesn't matter whether you say they are or they aren't biased everyone is a little bit, so in my opinion they shouldn't play. I know they have the trust of Kainzo but they still have the power to ban and mute players.

When did I use the word "biased". I know everyone is bias. Also mutes and bans doesn't mean much because they can make an appeal and if the ban/mute was unjustified the mod would most likely get in trouble.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
When did I use the word "biased". I know everyone is bias. Also mutes and bans doesn't mean much because they can make an appeal and if the ban/mute was unjustified the mod would most likely get in trouble.
I gave you my reasoning because you asked why. Bans and mute appeals are handled by the one who banned/muted them unless I'm misinformed. If you don't agree with me I don't really care that's your opinion and I have mine

RagingDragon5

Portal
I gave you my reasoning because you asked why. Bans and mute appeals are handled by the one who banned/muted them unless I'm misinformed. If you don't agree with me I don't really care that's your opinion and I have mine

Yes I asked why and you gave me a reason. I gave a counter arguement to your reasoning. When you purpose a change you have to be willing to listen to the other side, if you aren't willing to do that or don't want to hear the other side it was kind of foolish to make your first comment. Other's opinions are as important as yours it's important to respect another's opinion. Also yes the person who banned the person is the one who handles the appeals, but other mods/admins look over it as well. Also the player can also report the mod to an admin or Kainzo if the appeal doesn't work and really feel like they were mistreated.

Status
Not open for further replies.