• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mod App: Rizyq

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Minecraft IGN: Rizyq

2. Position applying for: Mod

3. Age|Timezone: 17|EST

4. How long have you been on Herocraft?:

I was accepted to Herocraft on September 13th, 2011. I played for maybe 3-4 weeks before I stopped playing. I rejoined a few months later and played for ~1-2 weeks. I finally started playing seriously back in December, if I remember correctly. I've been actively playing nearly every day for the past 4 and a half or so months. While I understand this probably doesn't seem like a lot of time, I feel that I have learned a lot about how the server works, and I feel I have a good understanding of it.

5. Why do you think you would make a good mod?:

I feel I should bring up my past experience first. About 3 or so years ago (Maybe around the end of '09) I started playing Minecraft classic. I joined a server and played on it actively and was eventually promoted to Op and Admin. I played actively on this server for about 2-2 and 1/2 years, clearing grief, helping players, and generally moderating it, unfortunately this server died out pretty much about 5-6 months ago.

Also in my time on classic (not really sure when.) I joined a rather large community with 3/4 servers, and eventually applied and became an Operator on one of their servers, and when another was short on staff I volunteered and learned how that server (which I had maybe played on once before) worked. They also weren't regular build servers, they were like minigames. But, in my time on both of them I would have to watch for anyone hacking or breaking the rules, as well as teach any new players how to play if they didn't know how.

But, to the present. I feel I'm a mature person, although I cabe silly and joke around with friends, and I feel I do have a great knowledge of the server. I also believe that if there is anything that I need to learn, or do not already know I will be quick to learn, as I haven't ever had problems learning commands, or just the finer details on how to do my job if I were to become a Mod.

EDIT (4/8/2013):
I'd like to also add onto my application that I have been a moderator on a rather popular League of Legends Streamer's chat for a few months, although I'm not sure if this means that much. But, he get an average of maybe 5kish viewers, which sometimes spikes up to over 10k viewers at times. Although him choosing me might have just been random chance, heh. Not sure if you want me linking it here.
Mini edit: Although he might have 10k viewers not nearly that many people are in the chat, and a lot of the stuff is moderated by a bot. So honestly I don't do a whole lot in chat, but I do usually have to pay attention to the chat when I'm watching, as the bot doesn't catch everything, and sometimes it stops working. It definitely gets a lot more fun when it stops working...

6. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

Why I want to be a Mod:
I originally applied to become a Guide because I wanted to help out the newbies of the server. Whether or not I'm promoted to be a Mod I will continue to help out the newbies. I'm applying to the Mod position because I want to be able to help this server as much as I possibly can. I wish I could do more in addition to helping new players, or older players who have questions.

Me mostly writing about myself:
Well, I feel like this information may or may not really be necessary, as I feel that the way I act in the server, forums, etc. shows more than anything I can write. But, I feel that although I am 17 years old I am rather mature (although this may just be me being conceited.) In the past 4-5 years of my life I have faced some hardships, which I feel has made me grow up. I guess I'll go into a bit about my past with this.

As long as I can remember I've had problems with stomach pain, and having to go home sick a lot from school. Finally when I was about 12/13 I felt a different pain, which was worse than what I regularly felt. I went to my pediatrician a lot during this time, until he suggested we go to a gastro doctor. In this time, I was feeling unbearable pain in my lower abdomen, and this doctor pretty much suggested that I was lying to my parents and everyone to get out of school. She couldn't find anything wrong with me and I went through a lot of tests and hospital visits over the next year or so, and was taken out of school for homeschooling. Eventually my parents realized she wasn't a very kind doctor, and we swapped to a new one who is a very kind man. He believed me whenever I said it was hurting (oh boy was it.) and eventually after another year or so going through test I was diagnosed with Crohn's.

In the last year or so though I've gotten my condition under control and I feel good almost every day.
But, I feel like this experience I went through, with rather constant pain, and I felt like I went from a kid with no cares into more of an adult in this time. Although I'm glad it's over I feel I've grown a lot as a person in a rather short period of time.

I am also prepared to do my job as a Mod, if I were to be accepted, without being biased to or against any players or group of players on the server.

Parting Words:
I hope my application is up-to-snuff, as I poured my heart and soul into this application, and I hope I can be at least considered for the position of Mod. Although I haven't spent as long on the server as many people have. And, if I'm not promoted, I will continue to do my best to help the players as a Guide, and just being a helpful and positive force on the server.

(Also I'm colorblind, I'm not sure if the colors I used look bad or anything, but they stand out to me)
~Rizyq, AKA Brandon.