• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mobs and Spawners.

This has just caught my attention. I understand that mob's spawn rate has increased, but its doing the same thing as the other map. Mobs are still very scarce, ill find a group of mobs every couple hundred blocks.

Spoutcraft has the minimap mod already installed, and according to my map. 80% of mobs i see are underground. I'll see sooo many mobs in one area (according to the map) but see maybe a single creeper.

Which brings me to my other point, mob spawners. Last map, there wasn't really a need to use mob spawners, as mob arenas were far superior. I understand the implementations of quests to speed the process up a bit, but the mob spawn rate for passive and hostile mobs are far to ridiculous to actually train via random killing.

Spawners are very good, because it allows for countless hours of training non-stop. It makes training any other way slow. This is very boring and shouldn't be like this. I thought that mob spawners were used for the day training, and wandering around for the night. The mobs still don't spawn as much as it did last map, which made random killing > everything else. Mob arena's were created to get fast exp if you have the right group. This made interacting with other people necessary to level even faster. This idea made me enjoy a long period of time on the server. Farming (note : not training) off spawners is boring, dull, and is extremely luck based on whether you find a spawner or not.