• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mob Wars (or something like that)

Nate Olson

Gold
I was thinking that there should be a competition that happens every week, or every month. Once night falls, the game would begin. Then, the mobs would come out (maybe they could be extra vicious or there could be zombie pigmen added or something for that night). Everyone competes to kill the most mobs by daybreak. The winner could get some kind of prize(I honestly have no idea what it could be.) Second or third place could get a prize, too, only smaller.

Another idea: Maybe the mobs could be worth different points, like a zombie is 1 point, a creeper is 2 points and a skeleton is 3...

P.S. Keep in mind this is only a suggestion, and I have never made a suggestion before, so I don't know what will work and what won't. Don't be mad if it is a bad idea (it probably is).

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
I was thinking that there should be a competition that happens every week, or every month. Once night falls, the game would begin. Then, the mobs would come out (maybe they could be extra vicious or there could be zombie pigmen added or something for that night). Everyone competes to kill the most mobs by daybreak. The winner could get some kind of prize(I honestly have no idea what it could be.) Second or third place could get a prize, too, only smaller.

Another idea: Maybe the mobs could be worth different points, like a zombie is 1 point, a creeper is 2 points and a skeleton is 3...

P.S. Keep in mind this is only a suggestion, and I have never made a suggestion before, so I don't know what will work and what won't. Don't be mad if it is a bad idea (it probably is).

I actually think this might be a good idea. P.S. Nate Olsen, don't feel discouraged if you think no one is going to like your ideas. This forum is for you to make suggestion. I have made many a bad suggestion, but I continue to make them, in case any of them catch another's eye. So don't be discouraged. Suggest what you want, and hope for the best.

Sincerely,
SurvivalManZ, the Wandering Ranger

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Way I see this workng:

Once a month random mob spawns are turned waaaaaaay up. However, these mobs would not give xp (or very little) and have in teased health and damage (sorta like seudo boss mobs). The player/group that kills the most wins.
If 1 player has the most points then they win a great reprise (rare wep/armor or souls etc) if more than 1 player wins all players tied for 1st win less awesome prizes (still awesome, but not as awesome if 1 person won).
Teamwork should be encourage by events like this, if you were part of a party that killed a mob and within xp range, you receive a point as well. Zombies, Spiders and Creepers are 1. Skelies and Endermen are 2. And Zombie Pigmen are 3.(BTW zombie Pigmen would have a rare chance to spawn during this)

I'll probably rework this once I get home, but I like this idea.

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
@Xanipher, any thoughts on an event such as this?

Way I see this workng:

Once a month random mob spawns are turned waaaaaaay up. However, these mobs would not give xp (or very little) and have in teased health and damage (sorta like seudo boss mobs). The player/group that kills the most wins.
If 1 player has the most points then they win a great reprise (rare wep/armor or souls etc) if more than 1 player wins all players tied for 1st win less awesome prizes (still awesome, but not as awesome if 1 person won).
Teamwork should be encourage by events like this, if you were part of a party that killed a mob and within xp range, you receive a point as well. Zombies, Spiders and Creepers are 1. Skelies and Endermen are 2. And Zombie Pigmen are 3.(BTW zombie Pigmen would have a rare chance to spawn during this)

I'll probably rework this once I get home, but I like this idea.
A problem is how would the group get this "prize"? Would they only get one? So everyone works and only one gets a reward? And we can't make it so they ALL get the same rewards, or even differing rare rewards. So instead of armor and weapons it might have to be money.

Also registration might be a problem.
How would the admins keep track of the kills? Automatically including 200 people could create monster lag. So there might have to be forum post warning everyone of an up coming mob night.

Nate Olson

Gold
@Xanipher, any thoughts on an event such as this?

A problem is how would the group get this "prize"? Would they only get one? So everyone works and only one gets a reward? And we can't make it so they ALL get the same rewards, or even differing rare rewards. So instead of armor and weapons it might have to be money.

Also registration might be a problem.
How would the admins keep track of the kills? Automatically including 200 people could create monster lag. So there might have to be forum post warning everyone of an up coming mob night.
I thought there could be a soul reward, but it might be fun to also have some extra rare items, that if possible, could be set before the competition. As for registration, maybe there could be a sign to buy a token or something in Heroes' Landing, and whoever bought a token from the sign that month would be entered in the game. I have no idea if that would work, though. Just an idea, thanks for the positive feedback!

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
This is possible. I can set an item to drop off of mobs during this time. Something worthless like a piece of cobble that would be named something special like 'mob token' then the tokens can be traded in for the prize. Probably the easiest way to do it is over the course of a few hours. Top 3 on PVE and the top 3 on PVP will be awarded. The prizes wouldn't be crazy high. Maybe a loot crate key and 100s for the top two, then 100s for second then 50s for 3rd. I'd probably only run it once a month though, as its difficult to initiate these types of events since there is no way to automate them (back end stuff, config work)

DNA3000

Dirt
I like the idea, but the only problem I see is that if the prize was too high somebody might make a farm and win every single time, leaving nobody a chance as their mob rates would be lower, etc.

Ultanian

Portal
I like the idea, but the only problem I see is that if the prize was too high somebody might make a farm and win every single time, leaving nobody a chance as their mob rates would be lower, etc.
Well farms are illegal for that exact reason...

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This would tempt people to build darkrooms. The idea of a PvE contest is a good one though.

Perhaps something based around a location. Like a dungeon. Oh wait, we're getting those.