• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Minor Nodes and Crafters

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Before the nerfing of minor nodes into 0xp blocks, it was worthwhile to terraform or mine just for that consistant, constant xp that they granted. However, now to a spec'd crafter they give absolute zero xp and thus are simply in the way of the items that people really want and turn terraforming into a chore more than an adventure that levels you up. Therefore, I propose one simple thing:

The ability for crafters to make a certain sized box of minor node minerals [5x5 let's say] disappear by infusing their pick axe or shovel with mana. [Draining 10-25% of their mana in the process]

This would serve multiple purposes:

1. Remove boringness from mining

2. Allow for terraforming so that crafters can build items easier in better areas

3. Enable crafters to utilize mana in a meaningful way and give them a comparative advantage
in terraforming and mining which they currently lack aside from a slightly faster pick axe

4. It would be unique to crafters and be a staple skill that involves active use, much unlike chest shops which is a passive ability.

Please comment!

Valalal

Legacy Supporter 6
I thoroughly agree with this idea. I think it'd be great for crafters in general to have a use for mana. Similarly I think it would add something to the experience of playing as a crafter on Herocraft, (beyond being able to use craftbook) which further differentiates it from vanilla minecraft, in much the same way as the abilities of the pvp and combat oriented classes have done so for them already.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
More crafter skills are coming in to be more proficient in mining.

We have yet to implement them.

SuperHeat (instantly turn ore block into the bar of its ore) - is ready to be pushed but hasn't been yet.
Drill - Mine 1x2 selection instantly
Drill2 - mine 1x3
Drill3 - mine 1x4

etc...