• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Miners need love

Disketa777

Glowstone
Miners seem to be the under dog of the professions in this server, and for good reason; The one skill that sets them apart is a great concept: It has a chance to double drop mined ores. However, the chance of this happening is minuscule at low levels, and only just noticeable Mastered.

At level 55, the Miner has only an 8.25% chance for a double drop to occur. This is barely noticeable. For every 100 ores mined, the miner gets approximately 8 or 9 extra. And until the miner is mastered, that chance is laughable!

The Mining skill is the bread and butter that makes this profession what it is, yet it is hardly desirable. Being a skill that increases in potency as the Miner levels, this profession does not need any new skills at all. But instead, the Miner needs a little attention to the very skill that makes him what he is.

I recommend that the percent increase of Mining be increased from the current .15% to .5% per level. I feel this would make the Miner a vastly more appealing profession, while still retaining a degree of balance.

-Disketa777

Aetosion

Obsidian
I think the percent of x2 drops should be increased to ~Fortune II, and I've also been wanting to see that glowstone lighting last alot longer. 5 minutes or so.

Miners aren't noticeably better at mining relative to other classes, they should be.

I also think Kainzo was wanting to introduce a TnT skill to either Miners or Engineers.

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
Miners are the forgotten class. I think miners should have a mining speed increase after lvl 25-35, not just a skill that lasts for a while. I mean indefinitely.

Miners should also get their double drop skill earlier on (seeing as how when you hit lvl 55 the last hing you want to do is MINE).

Miners do Have one thing though. A potential exploit.

I heard if you use the ability (is it candle light?) a glowstone block pops up under you when you mine (Also, It is hard to go mining and keep a low profile when example- ezmac used CANDLE LIGHT happens ever 30 seconds). You can break that block under you and sometimes fall through it. I heard it can even work in regioned areas. The block (origanal not glowstone) comes back so it is almost impossible to prove they used it.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Miners will definitly be ok, in a patch (I think) not to far off they will be getting TnT.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
That is very interesting, I wonder how that will pan out.
They can blow holes in regions momentarily, this makes raiding finally possible. No more, waiting outside till all their allies get there. And no more sitting in front of a town with both sides yelling insults at each other.

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
That sounds AWESOME!

It will finally make Obsidian structures USEFUL

Disketa777

Glowstone
This would definitely be a plus to Miners. But I would trade the use of tnt for a buff to the Mining skill.

And @ezmac brings up another good point. Herocraft is a pvp-heavy server. As such, I always sneak when I mine, as well as take other measures to keep from being found when mining. Because of this, I never use to Light skill. It would be like anouncing "HEY! I'M HERE AND I'M MINING". I think the skill Light should last much longer than the current 20 or 30 seconds. Maybe it should be around 3 to 5 minutes.

jaif14

Obsidian
Somewhere in the barren wastelands of Canada
This may be a PvP hardcore server, but Minecraft is called MINEcraft for a reason. I would like to see something appealing to the profession too that encourages mining. Perhaps the suggestions above. (TnT may be a bit far... unless there is a way to restrict to to underground mining or whatever).

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I guess people have different appeals to Hero Craft. But for us PvP'rs out there this is a huge bonus. We can finally raid!

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
This would definitely be a plus to Miners. But I would trade the use of tnt for a buff to the Mining skill.

And @ezmac brings up another good point. Herocraft is a pvp-heavy server. As such, I always sneak when I mine, as well as take other measures to keep from being found when mining. Because of this, I never use to Light skill. It would be like anouncing "HEY! I'M HERE AND I'M MINING". I think the skill Light should last much longer than the current 20 or 30 seconds. Maybe it should be around 3 to 5 minutes.

Light provides client-side light. Nobody else can see that glowstone.

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
Light provides client-side light. Nobody else can see that glowstone.

Yes, but anyone within one-hundred (or is it less) blocks is informed that you are using that skill.

ezmac Uses Candlight!

This may be a PvP hardcore server, but Minecraft is called MINEcraft for a reason. I would like to see something appealing to the profession too that encourages mining. Perhaps the suggestions above. (TnT may be a bit far... unless there is a way to restrict to to underground mining or whatever).

Yes, But you have to remember that most of the underground is consisted of hundreds of mines.

Disketa777

Glowstone
While TNT would be a wonderful addition, not just to Miners, but HeroCraft itself, I still think tuning the Mining skill to be just a little better should be deeply considered by Kainzo and the coders. Currently MINErs are the least desirable profession here, even though we are playing MINEcraft.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
TNT should be enabled for miners only, I feel. Although, the current TNT only does entity damage, not block damage, so I feel that this should be fixed to the standards that people hoped for months ago. Maybe it is a bug, or is not fully fixed yet! :p We can hope! :p