• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Miner Crafting Recipe

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The list on the wiki suggests that only Miners will be able to make Iron Blocks, Gold Blocks, Diamond Blocks, Coal Blocks, etc:

http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Crafting_Recipes

Is this true? I expect that this will create a lot of problems for people at the beginning of the next map. Since nobody will be a miner everyone will have their chests filled up rather quickly. As not everyone has enough LWCs to store many stacks of iron, gold, diamond, coal, redstone, etc, this will create problems.

Is this the intention?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
The list on the wiki suggests that only Miners will be able to make Iron Blocks, Gold Blocks, Diamond Blocks, Coal Blocks, etc:

http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Crafting_Recipes

Is this true? I expect that this will create a lot of problems for people at the beginning of the next map. Since nobody will be a miner everyone will have their chests filled up rather quickly. As not everyone has enough LWCs to store many stacks of iron, gold, diamond, coal, redstone, etc, this will create problems.

Is this the intention?
Yes it is true, yes it is intended; more reason to make friends with a Miner. The whole design over this change is to create dependencies on other crafting classes and will force people to work together.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Quick questions, will miners be the only ones to backwards craft the blocks? Or can crafters do that?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yes it is true, yes it is intended; more reason to make friends with a Miner. The whole design over this change is to create dependencies on other crafting classes and will force people to work together.

Can any player smelt iron ore/gold ore?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yes, I think the creating of blocks for the ores may be too heavy of a restriction... hard to say for 100%. Maybe we should just give them the ability to de-craft them.

I like the idea of needing other players to help you craft things, but at the beginning of the map this'll create a few problems as there exists nobody there to help! xD

Your suggestion sounds good. It'll retain the need for miners but would also enable people to store their stuff better.

Willrbts

Coal
I think some of these restrictions are a little heavy. Making gold, diamond, iron and coal blocks help prevent griefing in protected areas. They serve no other purpose other then to maximize storage space. Also wood doors being restricted really can cause problems. Now everyone will have to use dirt blocks for doors. was not one of the reasons for this reset unattractive maps? imagine how a bunch of houses with a pile of dirt is going to look.

MajDeath

Portal
I think some of these restrictions are a little heavy. Making gold, diamond, iron and coal blocks help prevent griefing in protected areas. They serve no other purpose other then to maximize storage space. Also wood doors being restricted really can cause problems. Now everyone will have to use dirt blocks for doors. was not one of the reasons for this reset unattractive maps? imagine how a bunch of houses with a pile of dirt is going to look.
Crafters can make doors, everyone is a crafter.. soooo... yeah.