• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Merchants Unable to Make Coal Shops

Kodyyodk

Legacy Supporter 3
When trying to make shops for certain items I get the message "[Shop] You dont have permissions to do that!". When trying this with Glowstone Dust it gave me the message 4 times (I tried using codes 348 and 0348) then on trying the 5th time it worked. Then upon trying to make a chest shop for Coal Blocks I got the exact same message. (I used codes 0173 and 173).

I was able to set up a string shop on the same chest where the coal blocks weren't working.

Last edited:

Kodyyodk

Legacy Supporter 3
Well it started working after trying it for the third time, I must have made some mistake

EDIT: Changed the original post after better figuring out the problem.

Last edited:

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
For the future you can follow this setup:

1. Place the item in the chest
2. Create the sign with this setup (make sure you are not crouching):
First line: blank
Second line: Amount
Third line: Buy Price : Sell Price
Fourth line: ?

? will add the ID of the item you've placed into the chest before automatically.
You can leave the first line (name line) blank, because it will be added automatically anyway.
Alternatively find the ID by pressing F3+h and hovering over the item.

Kodyyodk

Legacy Supporter 3
I have multiple chest shops working as intended without this problem. I am also using the same format you posted. ( I changed my original post after talking to Jonsoon and experiencing the problem again.)

How can I set up the chest without putting the item into it? With this new unlocked chest stuff if I put items into the chest someone might just run up and steal it.

Edit: I tried using the "? in the fourth line" approach and got the same error while working with Coal Blocks

For the future you can follow this setup:

1. Place the item in the chest
2. Create the sign with this setup (make sure you are not crouching):
First line: blank
Second line: Amount
Third line: Buy Price : Sell Price
Fourth line: ?

? will add the ID of the item you've placed into the chest before automatically.
You can leave the first line (name line) blank, because it will be added automatically anyway.
Alternatively find the ID by pressing F3+h and hovering over the item.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I have multiple chest shops working as intended without this problem. I am also using the same format you posted. ( I changed my original post after talking to Jonsoon and experiencing the problem again.)

How can I set up the chest without putting the item into it? With this new unlocked chest stuff if I put items into the chest someone might just run up and steal it.

Edit: I tried using the "? in the fourth line" approach and got the same error while working with Coal Blocks
You can use /iteminfo while holding the item to get its ID and enter that into the fourth line. That's how we did it back in the day.

However, this could simply be missing from the chestshop code, as some are missed when we update them sometimes (there's a lot of items!). Though because you had the problem with the dust and then it worked, it seems like a user error, no offense.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Also before I never managed to set up a coal block chest shop,

So that may be the reason of it not working as it is not possible.

If Jonsoon's fix does not work

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Also before I never managed to set up a coal block chest shop,

So that may be the reason of it not working as it is not possible.

If Jonsoon's fix does not work

So with your shop, it was the "?" straight up not working. It was returning a normal diamond pickaxe instead of the enchanted one.

Kodyyodk

Legacy Supporter 3
I completely agree that it was user error for the glowstone shop, but I have thoroughly tested with Coal and every method failed.
As I stated in my first post I used both the item ID from vanilla minecraft (0173) and I tried it with what the /iteminfo command(173). What I am saying is that I have done it in every suggested way(Including putting the item in and using "?" as the fourth line) and the coal block shop still is not working.

You can use /iteminfo while holding the item to get its ID and enter that into the fourth line. That's how we did it back in the day.

However, this could simply be missing from the chestshop code, as some are missed when we update them sometimes (there's a lot of items!). Though because you had the problem with the dust and then it worked, it seems like a user error, no offense.