• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Master Geomancer Feedback pre 2.5

Caladbolg

Wood
Hello guys.I am level 50 geomancer(IGN:Skull3dpro) that obtained all spells and fought with many classes.I'd like to share my experience and ideas with you.I want to warn you that my English is bad, but please try to understand what i mean.
Fireball.Deals 8 damage and leaves targer burning for 4 health over 2 second or so.Mana cost:20%
The first thing i don't like about this spell is mana cost.Geomancers don't have reliable mana restore tool like Wizards.And yet their fireball mana cost is larger.
The Geomancer is a Specialty class from the Caster Path - masters of the flow and balance of magic. By manipulating the flow of the natural energies permeating the world, Geomancers wield fire and ice as weapons to conquer their foes
Geomancers masters of fire use more mana to cast fireball compared to wizard.Wiz=15% Geo=20%.

So lets think about using fireballs as mana efficent fighting tool.
To maximize your damage you will aim 5 fireballs and use benefit of fire damage over time.It will give you 60 damage.Seems nice doesn't it?The problem is that after 60 damage you are completly useless.Thats still perfect scenario, who is going to shoot 5 perfect fireballs anyway?And that takes a lot of time.Enough for you to be dead.So either the damage is too low or mana cost too high.

Icebolt.I tested it and it still seemed to do 4 damage at 33% mana cost.Maybe it was display bug not sure.So 3x4dmg=12 damage for whole mana then being useless aint fun.Nothing much to say damage need to be rescaled or give it extra effect like root.Mana cost is also too huge +remember it extinguish fire on target.

Flameshield.The spell is totally overpowered when fighting another casters.It makes u invulnerable to people spells like bolt,fireballs, creeper explosion.Takes 35% mana.I hope it can be fixed somehow since i can just close my eyes and kill Wizard.Maybe it could be done as low duration semi mana cost reflex spell.So if you are good and cast it in good moment you can mitigate good damage,but if u fail to use it correctly u will be in bad position.Like 2-3 second duration 10% mana cost.

Firelord Armor.I dont know it works or how it will work.Hope you will make this spell cool in future.

Root.Nothing much to say.Great utility but mana cost a bit too high for geomancer without replenish.When casting in front of you it can root guys behind you.Dont know why but it would help a lot to fix it so i dont root my friends:p

Pulse.I think the mana cost is too high because Geo doesnt have replenish.Overall good ability,lowering mana cost should help.

Reflect.This spell name sounds nice, but in reality it is worthless since you dont have much mana to use.It uses 66% of your mana to reflect 1/3 of damage taken back to enemies.So you active this ability and become almost useless and can deal about 20 damage with it before you die.Second problem is that this spell is too short.I think it could be passive or either lower mana cost.33% isnt that much with geomancer hp pool, and for 66% of mana not even worth using.So maybe lower mana cost and up reflect % and duration a bit.Or leave it as it is and make it passive.These are 2 of my suggestions.

Absorb.This ability is fun.Afaik it negates half of damage and give me 20% mana back.The problem is that after 1 hit the "shield breaks" and its over.Thats why i called it unreliable replenish.20% isnt much and 50% shield for 1 hit isn't very much when other geo spells arent usefull that much.

Ultimate 50 lvl spell:Blaze.
This Spell utility scales from great to crap.Basically if its raining you cant do a thing with it.When there is water nearby u cant do anything with it.When people have 1 bucket of water with themselves it is useless.It sets people within some range on fire for long period of time.The problem is that people who know about geo will have 1 bucket of water,which will make this spell useless.People without knowledge will get pwned easily.That is the problem.Mana cost is 60% which is way too high for the performance.
My sugestion is to rework this ability since good pvpers wont be affected by this spell also lower mana cost or give some kind of replenish mechanism to geo.

Thank you for reading this wall of text with many English mistakes.If you dont understand something i will try to clarify it better.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for posting this - I will be reading through it and noting any changes we will be making to balance it against the other caster types.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
This might sound like I'm ignoring your suggestions of improvement, but this is a really good collection of information on the Geomancer. As most know, the Herocraft wiki is fairly out of date for some of their pages. I've been working on updating most of the caster classes (mostly worked out Wizard) and adding in more detailed descriptions (you quoted me on the Geomancer description which I'm not sure anyone should since it's not official in a sense).

Anyways, do you mind if I use your information to update the Geomancer page on the Herocraft wiki?

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
Updated the wiki! However, there are still some values that are unconfirmed. Caladbolg, if you could possibly take a look at the Geomancer wiki page (http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Geomancer#Skills), and help me fill in the areas where there is a (?) or pm me the values on the forums. Also, do you mind confirming the available tools/armor for Geomancers and the HP you have as a level 50 Geo?

Caladbolg

Wood
I have made mistake about absorb i think.I dont know how it works but when my friend hit me with golden axe it gave me 20% mana and reduced damage by 50% then shield broke.Now i got hit 3 times by zombies got 60% mana and shield didnt break.I will try to test it more when my friend is online.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
Alright cool. Pm me in game or on the forums whenever you have any information. ^^

This goes for any other players playing other classes as well. I'd like to see the wiki page have full descriptions of every class one day soon so all our new players can get a clearer grasp on what they want to be end-game.

Caladbolg

Wood
@Absorb.
It will be working untill my mana is full.
Notices:
When my friend hit me with golden pickaxe diam pick stone and iron pick they did full(100%) damage.5,4,3,2.
However when i jumped without absorb it dealt 6 damage to me and when i used absorb it dealt only 2 damage.It was same height.I thought that it only reduces damage of weapon type tools like swords.I thought that fists should be counter in that too.So my friend without absorb dealt me 2 dmg with fists,but with absorb only 1.I can't figure out how it works yet but i hope this info may be useful.

Edit:
@Reflect
Diamond pickaxe(4 damage) reflected back 3 damage
Golden Pickaxe(5 damage) reflected back 1 damage
Golden axe(12 damage) reflected back 2 damage
Diam axe(10 damage) reflected 3 damage.
I think this is constant number.Like if you are hit by X tool then you damage your attacked for Y damage,not the %.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm sending you the reply to these through Pm. Probably shouldn't get your topic here led completely astray.