• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Map reset incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyren_

Stone
Edit: Damn, I swear I had "Map reset" typed into the title! Is there a censorship active here?
Edit2: yes, there is censorship. Replace NO with m a p r e s e t to make sense out of it!

Ahoy!

Since I'm playing here I've heard that topic many times, but the answer was usually: "No, Kainzo wants to keep Bastion". One Time the answer was "the map should long til the end of summer".

Now the latter statement makes me a bit anxious, because if there are 2 months to go I don't consider it worthwhile to dig 49 chunks to bedrock if our project will be gone before we're even done :p

Is there any definite statement on if and when there is going to be a map reset? I'm asking because we've finally farmed together all the town materials, but would now need to start digging and flattening for some weeks at least, and it'd be much more motivating in that case if a map wipe was very far away :p

I don't intend this to be a discussion thread about if we need a reset or not. I'd only like to know some... certainties about it!

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
I get the feeling, that even if there was a NO happening, towns who had already claimed their spots would get the items put back into a townbank in order to reclaim a new spot. It would be pretty lame if they didn't, but I have seen worse things happen. I would suggest, even if there is a NO happening, just play the game to have fun. No point in changing your gameplay based on if's and maybe's.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
You won't be told about a NO (maybe a few days before, if planned) so no point in asking. Kainzo has said he'd like to keep Bastion (from what i've heard), but the map could corrupt just like the last map, so who knows. It's all part of the game!

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Resets are never intended or planned. Talking about such is extremely frowned upon.

I get the feeling, that even if there was a NO happening, towns who had already claimed their spots would get the items put back into a townbank in order to reclaim a new spot. It would be pretty lame if they didn't, but I have seen worse things happen. I would suggest, even if there is a NO happening, just play the game to have fun. No point in changing your gameplay based on if's and maybe's.
If and when it does happen, everything is wiped. Levels, coin, items, buildings, towns. Everyone starts again with nothing. In my opinion, it is the best time of the map.

Kainzo

MajorasMask

Ungodly
49 chunks mined out? Even if Bastion was here to stay forever, I still wouldn't mine all of that out. Too many blocks! :eek: I'd need a team of 10 people to clear all of that...

Back to the main point, no, a map wipe isn't happening anytime soon.

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
Resets are never intended or planned. Talking about such is extremely frowned upon.

If and when it does happen, everything is wiped. Levels, coin, items, buildings, towns. Everyone starts again with nothing. In my opinion, it is the best time of the map.

Kainzo

-shrugs-

Sometimes, you just gotta do, what you gotta do.. Like I said. No point changing your gameplay on if's and maybe's. Cross the bridge when you come to it.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
What are you talking about? I can't make heads or tails of this.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Kainzo has said many many times that we will not be having a map wipe, but I don't see why we shouldn't be able to discuss it.

Personally, I would like a map wipe. I want one because starting out anew is soooooo much fun, you get to race for first master, first profession, first capitol/kingdom and all that fun stuff. Lots of new groups form each map like this one EX: Ched_Nasad, Umbra, OS (some of the new towns), Oakenshire and many of the LO towns came into the picture. Who knows who might show up next map? ;)

Heck, I don't even care about having a new spawn you could have the same one but reset everything else. If you ask me, you should bring back one of the Old spawns, it's new for most people and it would make LOTS of the old players pretty happy to see one of the old spawns back.

Sure, all of your things are gone, all of your builds are gone... but that's just it! You get to build it again, bigger and better, you can plan a new town without fear of a map wipe anytime soon and most of all, near the beggining-mid of a map, there is TONS of world PvP. There are just so many things to do at the first 4-5 months of a map, right now there isn't much to do except for the people who are just getting started.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We won't be discussing this publicly. I apologize for the inconvenience.
There is no plan for a wipe at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.