• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Map longevity...

Ruger392

Obsidian
You seem butthurt for what, im not whining im just stating a fact without the pve map the server wouldnt had died

Xhazed

Portal
Pve killed the population. Attributes killed it more kept items on death more killy kill. Just bunch of tings killed it not just pve soo shhhhh ruger

Ruger392

Obsidian
....... Rolls eyes....shrugs....sighs you must be incredibly blissful
You want to be mod but fail to see the problem of the server? we gave pve a shot and it didnt work out well for the server you say im being blind not seeing what other see pve is but the optimism is done since it clearly failed

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
You want to be mod but fail to see the problem of the server? we gave pve a shot and it didnt work out well for the server you say im being blind not seeing what other see pve is but the optimism is done since it clearly failed
Firstly whether or not I desire to be a mod is entirely irrelevant to the conversation, and vice versa. I am trying to explain to you that PvE is not the problem it is a symptom. I am trying to do it in a rational manner laying out for you in a post earlier in the thread the history /evolution of the PvE map ( a history which you haven't been on HC long enough to be familiar with) I am also trying to explain to you rationally some of the psychology of human behavior especially as to how it relates to the current situation. You just seem to want to attack me, and repeat your fallacious statements ad nauseam.

If you want to play the ad hominem game I can play that too just let me know if that is how you want this to go.
Still if you want to go the Ad hominem route I can do that.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
The real way to fix map longevity is to stop making decisions based on a niche group of people. HC was successful because it had so many aspects that were attractive to a wide variety of people. By trying to please one group, you displease all others. The only way to bring new players is to convince them with a certain feature that doesn't hinder any other players.

Xhazed

Portal
Communist, right j2gay lol jk ily ruger stob being tard

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
How long the map lasts is a big thing for me. We want them to last A LONG time.

Out of sheer curiosity, how long would you like to see a map last ultimately? What is "A LONG" time?
Depending on that long of a time you can then gauge the duration of other things, like level grind and other mechanics. (which, of coarse, I'm sure your well versed with)

I would love to see respawning and other contestable things be added to the PvP side of the map so that it proves stratagic PvP action. That "respawning ore-mines" idea seems a cooler and cooler to me the more I think about it. You could expand this into Mines, Buff Shrines, World Boss locations, and perhaps even strategic locations that synergize with each class (You found a Portal Node! Runesmiths in your town can now make special Runestones that have infinite uses regardless of level... but only for the location of this portal node. These Runestones work as long as your town holds this location! Additionally, classes that can group TP can group teleport to these nodes!)

You seem butthurt for what, im not whining im just stating a fact without the pve map the server wouldnt had died

PvE didn't kill the server.

Back when it was strictly PvP, it was almost impossible to level (or do anything in that regard) as a low leveled because you would just run into someone who was better geared/leveled and get 2 shot. PvE gives an environment where people can level freely and build themselves up before you went off to PvP.

I do believes that there should be incentives to go into the PvP, though.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Out of sheer curiosity, how long would you like to see a map last ultimately? What is "A LONG" time?
Depending on that long of a time you can then gauge the duration of other things, like level grind and other mechanics. (which, of coarse, I'm sure your well versed with)

I would love to see respawning and other contestable things be added to the PvP side of the map so that it proves stratagic PvP action. That "respawning ore-mines" idea seems a cooler and cooler to me the more I think about it. You could expand this into Mines, Buff Shrines, World Boss locations, and perhaps even strategic locations that synergize with each class (You found a Portal Node! Runesmiths in your town can now make special Runestones that have infinite uses regardless of level... but only for the location of this portal node. These Runestones work as long as your town holds this location! Additionally, classes that can group TP can group teleport to these nodes!)

PvE didn't kill the server.

Back when it was strictly PvP, it was almost impossible to level (or do anything in that regard) as a low leveled because you would just run into someone who was better geared/leveled and get 2 shot. PvE gives an environment where people can level freely and build themselves up before you went off to PvP.

I do believes that there should be incentives to go into the PvP, though.
You cant even hit a lost soul now plus, people that are on pve stay on pve then get bored and quit.

Parsalin

Iron
Have you ever thought the people on pve dont want to go to the pvp side? I know a fucking shoker!

This is actually a deep problem with pve atm you see the server was intended to be hard it was intended to be pvp but people pushed for pve and when they got it they got bored and vanished. now people join with the mentality that "oh there is pve it should be easy." and im not asken for it to go away just not be 100%

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
This is actually a deep problem with pve atm you see the server was intended to be hard it was intended to be pvp but people pushed for pve and when they got it they got bored and vanished. now people join with the mentality that "oh there is pve it should be easy." and im not asken for it to go away just not be 100%
Umm most of the players are on PvE right now. Its the PvP side where people got bored and left.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
OK since you are pretty new here perhaps a few things need to be explained to you.

Forced PvP on PvE: The reason Kainzo and his team originally created a PvE map is because we were losing a large portion of our player base due to the inescapable harassment associated with HC PvP. This map at first was entirely separate, no items or souls transferred the idea being that people would PvE when they wanted and PvP when they wanted and live two separate HC lives. It didn't work, most players didn't have time for two lives so PvE people stayed in PvE and PvP people started leaving because they had no victims.

The next map release saw a system where the maps were separate but items and souls did transfer. (this is where you started) This was an improvement at first and many people mined and leveled on PvE but lived on PvP. Then TnT was introduced making regions on towns and residences vulnerable on the PvP map. Within a week the PvP map population dropped by half as people moved their homes to PvE where their stuff could be safe. The remaining PvP population slowly dwindled due to a lack of victims. Some moved to PvE permanently, some just quit playing. That is where we are now. A crippled server with most of its remaining population hiding on PvE waiting for it to get better.

To recap - attempts to "force" people to PvP in an effort to give the vocal PvP camp more of the defenseless victims they were demanding was causing an exodus of players from the server. A system was designed to keep these people from leaving the server entirely, while on the PvP map implementing more systems to "force" PvP and provide victims. These systems in turn caused more people to leave PvP. The victims left because its not fun to be a victim and the harassers left because there was no one to victimize.

This map is an attempt to merge the two worlds and accomodate a varied player base while having less separation between players of differing play styles. You are correct in assuming that most of the player base will live in PvE. Your solution to this is to "force" PvP on the PvE side to encourage more players to move to PvP. However as the history of this server, and history in general for that matter hath shewn, this will not work. Players will not move to PvP they will stop playing. Forcing people to do something never works long term even IRL. It can't work ever in a game where people can just opt out by not logging in.

This is a classic case of people knowing what they want but failing to understand what they need. What you want is more PvP and more players on the PvP map to PvP with. What you NEED to accomplish this and provide for your wants is a healthy player base and a reason for people to live on the PvP side of the map. You cannot accomplish this through "force" force is what has brought you to where you are. The first step in having players return to the PvP map is removing TnT. I know this isn't what you want but it is what you need.

Exp mining: HC has and always will be a grindhouse leveling system. This will never change nor should it. Though an FFA resource map would be a fun re addition. Can anyone say Warshard
No one is being forced to PvP.

There are zones on the PvE continent that have rolling periods of PvP. These are clearly defined zones. If you do not want to PvP, do not build, mine, or go in those areas. The war lasts a whole hour, and afterwards, there is peace for four hours.
I don't understand why people are having a hard time grasping this concept.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
No one is being forced to PvP.

There are zones on the PvE continent that have rolling periods of PvP. These are clearly defined zones. If you do not want to PvP, do not build, mine, or go in those areas. The war lasts a whole hour, and afterwards, there is peace for four hours.
I don't understand why people are having a hard time grasping this concept.
Thank you Jonsoon. No one is going to be forced to PvP this map and that is the right call. I have been attempting to explain the why of this, but for some its like talking to a wall.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Thanks to pve thats why
Sigh...... The people that went to PvE would have left entirely if it was not there. The reasons that drove them to leave the PvP map would have driven them to leave the server if the PvP map was the only map. Why can't you get this through your head?

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
RPG consists of both, PvE and PvP. If you want a RPG server you have to get both working in succession, else it's either a pure survival or a pure PvP server, but not RPG. It's a pointless debate with pointless arguments, I suggest people to just stop discussing this subject.

Xhazed

Portal
Sigh...... The people that went to PvE would have left entirely if it was not there. The reasons that drove them to leave the PvP map would have driven them to leave the server if the PvP map was the only map. Why can't you get this through your head?
And every1 that joined went on pve, and they never change to pvp cause they think its harsh and its not is just that pve is build kill mobs buil mine kill mobs and not having to worry about people Lol why not play vanilla singleayer