• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mana regeneration methods.

What type of mana regeneration would you want?

• Total voters

Flyerminer

Stone
A good Idea to help mages in the game is either 1 of a few things:
A potion or food to regenerate Mana faster or just a burst of it (ex:watermelons regenerate 10 Mana, Golden apples fully regenerate it, A healing potion also effects mana, etc.)
some sort of altar or sacrifice that must be made to jump up your mana for the sacrifice and the altar is a more permanent one that only admins can make or something along those lines that the people right click on to boost mana up.

The reason this would be helpful is that mages lose mana quickly, and it regenerates slowly (depending on your level i think) but it would overall just increase the suspense of battle or something inside the game.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Personally I think it's fine the way it is because I have seen what happens when mages have too much mana. They're almost unkillable and dominated the arena fights last map because of it.

I myself am a Wizard so in my own experience there is nothing wrong with it at the present.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
A good Idea to help mages in the game is either 1 of a few things:
A potion or food to regenerate Mana faster or just a burst of it (ex:watermelons regenerate 10 Mana, Golden apples fully regenerate it, A healing potion also effects mana, etc.)
some sort of altar or sacrifice that must be made to jump up your mana for the sacrifice and the altar is a more permanent one that only admins can make or something along those lines that the people right click on to boost mana up.

The reason this would be helpful is that mages lose mana quickly, and it regenerates slowly (depending on your level i think) but it would overall just increase the suspense of battle or something inside the game.

Golden Apples don't deserve to heal 100%, if anything, they could eat Goldem Apples for 10%.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
B-b-but cookies no es farmable?

I agree. Perhaps water bottles (e.g. manapotions) could be that farmable material we need. We get the glass bottle back after we drink, and lets say, a 300% boost on mana recovery for 20 seconds after drinking it.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I like the fact that u have to use your mana wisely and if u spam spells u will just fail. The point in being a caster is know the right time to use the right spell. Ive had fights where i ran outta mana and had to resort to my hoe to finish the battle. The thing is with more mana means more mindless magic spamming.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree. Perhaps water bottles (e.g. manapotions) could be that farmable material we need. We get the glass bottle back after we drink, and lets say, a 300% boost on mana recovery for 20 seconds after drinking it.
Water bottles would be too easy. Mundane Potions, on the other hand...

1. Must be brewed. No passing around empty bottles.
2. Have no other use except for brewing into Potions of Weakness. I would be totally surprised if people often used Potions of Weakness.
3. Could be reasonably potent, as they qualify as a potion which automagically means no spamming.
4. Can also be brewed into a Splash Potion, although this may be tougher to set up.

~~~~~

Thick Potions could also have a use, I think. Brewed with Glowstone Dust, and can't be made into a Splash Potion. Maybe instant mana instead of a regen effect? A status cleanser? I dunno.

Flyerminer

Stone
Water bottles would be too easy. Mundane Potions, on the other hand...

1. Must be brewed. No passing around empty bottles.
2. Have no other use except for brewing into Potions of Weakness. I would be totally surprised if people often used Potions of Weakness.
3. Could be reasonably potent, as they qualify as a potion which automagically means no spamming.
4. Can also be brewed into a Splash Potion, although this may be tougher to set up.

~~~~~

Thick Potions could also have a use, I think. Brewed with Glowstone Dust, and can't be made into a Splash Potion. Maybe instant mana instead of a regen effect? A status cleanser? I dunno.

I like the Idea of a mundane potion allowing for a mana boosts, and something interesting along with that is maybe splash potions have the opposite effect on the target so for example when it is thrown they lose mana and if drank then a gain? just throwing out ideas.

I don't know if this is a skill or not, but an interesting idea would be mana leech? absorbing mana that they loose?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We're implementing an ability to diamonds and emeralds to allow them to replenish mana/stamina respectively on a cooldown.