• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Making killing mob a bit less repetive

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alright.... so I was thinking a bit more lately about how mobs kinda get.... repetive when going to kill them. This ends up making training a pain. I know that adventure map is coming soon, but I do remember that before the hp cap for monsters were upped higher, monsters sometimes had skills like archers could blind you and such.

What I am sudgesting here is readding partially these monster effects, but reducing the hp cap from monsters over distance, but keeping the hp (at least for pve.)

Here is what I am thinking. I know that back then some of the skills actually did not do much effect in combat for some classes, and that it was still pretty easy to kill the monsters. I think some people did complain about it, but I feel like it would be better to go and have a little kick on monster farming until the adventure update gets out.

So here some sudgestions to this. Monsters will each have some special effects when spawning, with a 15% chance of not having any special affects. Here what I am thinking.

Zombies:

A chance that the zombie will give cripling effect, like before. That could actually work

A chance that the zombie will have a stamina reducing effect, but lower then skills that are used.

A chance that zombies would poison you.

Skeleton:

A chance the skeleton applies fire effect, like a flame 1 bow.

A chance the skeleton applies a poison effect and slight nausea.

A chance the skeleton applies blind for 1 second.

Spiders.

A chance the spider applies poison

A chance that the spider applies weakness (or something similar.)

A chance that the spider reduces mana regen a bit (Poison that confuses the brain)

For the others, they would need other effects.

The goal with this is to make pve a bit more fun then usual and a bit different then usually. Though there is 1 thing that really need to be set straight: Monster hp WILL need to be lowered a bit. It is important that the game play does not ends up too hard for players. It could also be the fact that monsters will gain some special effects depending on distance from spawn also. The goal of this is to make it that people get less bored from the everyday farming of mobs that have 1.5 k gp sometimes and that are long and painful to train on and kill, with no fun at all.

This is just to make the game a bit more interesting. I would have maybe sudgested mobs having skills also, but I know that coding wise it might end up taking too much juice for now.

I also remember how mob arena before actually made it easier for people to level up and made the server a bit more lively for a bit. It is important to give players a little bit more variety, or else when it gets too repetive, players get bored. If you see what happen at the start of the map, we had the most people. It cause it was interesting people a lot to see new things. This is what we need to do to try to get people back and make people stay, as well as maybe making people feel a bit more welcome.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I also remember how mob arena before actually made it easier for people to level up

I like your ideas. But MA's are never coming back. We've been promised fancy dungeons with custom bosses (Kinda like the ones we fought in the MA) since the end of DG, which the Adventure update (When that gets finished up) will contain. It's a little hard to tell exactly where HC is going, without direct responses from the inner members, but the Adventure update is coming, and hopefully we'll see some revival in the community.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
I know ma is not coming back.... I was just using it as a exemple on how players like to have new things to do on a sever.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
That will be nice. It would add a bit more kick to the server. Though remember to lower max hp for mobs a bit to not make the game too hard.