• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Make your own short guides?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I was thinking that maybe there can be a thread where you post short guides to champions you play often. Just post a short guide possibly and maybe we can compile a nice list at some point? If you post a guide please be open-minded about accepting criticism or differing opinion and don't get too upset because some people don't like your build. Treat this as a learning experience :D

I'll start with a champion who I play often (forced to in ranked) and have a very high win rate with.

Support Alistar:

Intro: To start with, support alistar means you are playing him typically bottom lane with an ad ranged carry. Your main role is to initiate or counter initiate.

Masteries: I like to do a 0/9/21 build, getting the 9 point defensive mastery that gives you a movespeed boost when you dodge, and getting the flash and clairvoyance mastery in utility.

Runes: I honestly don't know. I have a very limited rune set, but I would say use move speed quints, idk what reds, armor yellows and either cooldown reduction or mr/lvl blues.

Summoner Spells: Flash and cv. There are no other combinations you should be going as support ali. Flash gives you initiate power and cv gives more awareness.

Item build: As with most support I like to start with that one mana charm that builds into philo stone first along with 3 wards and as many health pots as I can get (I think its 2). Then I like to finish the philo stone, get mobility or ionian boots, then get a heart of gold. After these I get either aegis of the legion or shurelia's reverie depending on the situation (If we are playing defensive I like aegis and if offensive I like reverie). After those two items I usually consider my build complete and start filling up with wards and oracles.

NOTE: WARDS ARE THE BEST ITEM IN THE GAME AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE BUYING THEM!!!

Skill build: I don't feel like putting in great explanations right now so I'll just give a fast QWER type build. Q=Pulverize (AoE stun) W=Headbutt (Damage and knockback) E=Some Heal R=Godmode

I go QWEEEREQEQR Essentially I go R>E>Q>W with 1 point in q and w first.

Basic gameplay:

Early Game- Often as alistar, I get my team to invade the enemy jungle (if they have a jungler) because of his extraordinarily good level 1 teamfighting ability. I don't feel like going into specifics of invasion atm so I'll skip to early lane. In the early lane phase I typically try to play as offensive as I can because of my good damage and great CC. There are some lanes you can't be too aggressive against, but it usually depends on the opponent's skill. I like to coordinate burst damage with my lane partner by rushing in with the w+q combo (headbutt at them then pulverize when you get close). Also be sure to heal as much as possible; you are maxing heal first. Essentially the lane phase is just staying alive while putting out as much pressure as you can. Note that you should be warding to prevent ganks and you should NOT be going for any last hits whatsoever.

Mid Game- Mid game is when you need to start thinking more and more about dragon. Assuming you are doing ok during the early lane phase you should start coordinating ganks on mid or bot. You should be placing wards in locations to scout for when the enemy is near dragon as well. If you succeed in getting a gank, rushing for the dragon is usually possible and suggested. Rather than killing the dragon yourself, I suggest sitting around in nearby brush to protect your team. If you feel that you aren't dying, getting an oracles is a great way to keep an advantage by removing enemy wards.

Late Game- Late game is essentially the same as mid game, except instead of dragon you have to worry more about baron. Do everything the same as you did with dragon except you should be getting oracles to clear wards out as much as possible. Note that for baron, the only times you should ever go for it is if you are sure it will be a 4v5 or better for your team. Alistar works very well in coordinated pushes as well, as he can break a turret hug incredibly well. If your team cannot seem to push through because of hugging, just flash over a wall, pulverize and ult. You can also headbutt someone into your team. You should be initiating almost every teamfight if you can.

Teamfights- Teamfighting is where Alistar shines. As ali you have one of the greatest initiations in the game and one of the best counter initiations. When initiating you will just want to rush into the enemy team with either flash+q or w+q. You should be ulting as soon as you feel you will take upfront damage. After the first initiate try to use your q and w to keep enemies away from your carries. Your job is to protect and initiate. Always try to be aware of your carries and theirs. Try to use your ult to soak as much damage as you can. Also in many teamfights, an ulted alistar can basically walk their carry away. What you do is after the main initiate, simply walk at their carry. A good 60% or so of carries run away and try to kite you because they fear getting stunned. When this happens you increase your team's chances by a ton.

Things to learn/tricks- The main thing you have to learn is the w+q combo. It is done by using your headbutt (W) to get next to them and then using pulverize (Q) before they start flying away. This is something you just have to learn because its a timing trick. The other combo to know is the q+w. In this you essentially just hit them with q, walk around and w them back into your team. Another thing to note is that your ult does break cc when used and that if you can headbutt someone into a wall, it is essentially a decent stun.

Sorry the guide is very brief and rushed, but I hope it helps. Support alistar is one of the most fun and useful support in my opinion.

kongrave

Portal
probably better if we have seperate threads so things don't get so cluttered we can head the threads similar to township threads maybe in a format such as
[Champion] Title

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Hmmm, might make a Nocturne guide, I'm not very good but I know how to use him, plus he rapes.

EDIT: FIX'D. Happy @kongrave ???

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Im worried especially since you can't spell the champion you intend to write a guide for :p
Lol I was wondering that too, I was like 'damn this does NOT look right'

Anyhow, I havn't played since god knows when, plus anyone who knows me at all knows I can't spell for shit

kongrave

Portal
I am indeed now happy :p also you should write that guide
oh and nocturne was only released a while ago so it couldn't have been that long right?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
oh and nocturne was only released a while ago so it couldn't have been that long right?

Well, I have not played for at least a few months now, and I'm not a very high level either. I'm not super great with Noct but I can pull off a good fight. Either way, my skills are rusty to say the least

kongrave

Portal
Well, I have not played for at least a few months now, and I'm not a very high level either. I'm not super great with Noct but I can pull off a good fight. Either way, my skills are rusty to say the least
I don't know... I've seen some really new players from HeroCraft