• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make shaman a mage spec?

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
Just had a thought, how about instead of turning shaman into more of a support just change it to a mage spec instead. The mechanics of the class make it fun to play as a combat spec, of course some more balancing may need to be done but rather than change it a large amount to make it into a support why not leave it as a mage?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Making Shaman a mage class would mean removing most of its healing potential, and take the class in a new direction.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
It's already rather weak in healing potential. Seriously, healing totem is kinda useless if you can't place another totem right after for fighting. It is about the same healing as fist of jin with a disciple that has quite some healing skills. It might be a bit better then it, but it is still meager.
Cleansespirit is kinda ok I guess, but for a 20 second cooldown and the amount of healing disciple heals better with their chakra, and its aoe, when cleansespirit is 3 second warmup. Putting it as a mage class would make more sense then what it is right now. Sure it could keep 1 healing skill, but it would not be considered a healing class.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't see why not. Yes it has 3 heals (2 1/2 since totems are weird like that...), but so does paladin.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
So does cleric. The point I'm trying to make is just because it has heals doesn't mean it should be a healer.
Cleric can't hit things. It just has zero damage besides melee and smite so it has to slap its hoe around like a wet noodle. No one who feels it would go as far as to call it a hit though ;).

Do we think that Shaman in its current implementation fits the Mage set? Or will it need adjusting on skills?

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
Cleric can't hit things. It just has zero damage besides melee and smite so it has to slap its hoe around like a wet noodle. No one who feels it would go as far as to call it a hit though ;).

Do we think that Shaman in its current implementation fits the Mage set? Or will it need adjusting on skills?

In my opinion it may need a few changes such as changing one of its heals or removing them but other than that it fits the mage spec a lot more than the healer/support spec.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It'd need adjusting, all right...
back to what it was intended to be. (Or at least closer to it than this mess.)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8

Don't confuse the ability to do something and the ability to do something WELL.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

just gunna point out I was wrecking with melee cleric on test..... Shaman could fit in both, I agree about the healer thing cuz if u look into it deep enough Runeblade has a heal (not a very good one but still) bard has a heal, Paladin has a heal, Dk has a heal (soulleech) Necro has a heal (drainsoul or whateva its called) and none of those are healers. Shaman should be a caster imo if its gunna have most of its skills based around damage/offence

Moralsk

Gold
Aye, just because it has some healing doesn't mean it has to be a healer. Shaman is built way more like a mage I've felt. Lot's of classes have heals. I.e berserker has blooddrinker, but it's still a warrior.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Three steps to make it fit mage:
1) Remove the normal heal
2) Possibly reduce the HOT
3) Leave the healing totem

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I heartily dislike the idea of Shaman losing its one (sorta) good heal and being turned into a mage. This is just my opinion.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I heartily dislike the idea of Shaman losing its one (sorta) good heal and being turned into a mage. This is just my opinion.
Personally, all of its healing sucks as it is, anyway.
Trust me, even as a mage I'd totally buff healingtotem.