• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Make Joseph Kony Famous.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Just watch it if you have the time. It's long, but I promise, you're not going to stop watching, and I mean that in a good way.
Probably the only Documentary-related films I've seen that made me want to get up and do something to support the cause, let alone keep me awake. Thought I'd spread the video around a bit, especially here because I think a lot of the community in Herocraft will want to act or at least feel sympathy for these children. The video is probably gonna go viral, considering it's well-above 50k views (and that's before the most recent view counter refresh), it is getting 25+ likes every time I refresh the page, and the video was only put up yesterday. (Currently at 125k+ likes on youtube)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I can't watch it right now, but what is it about?
Edit: nvm I remember learning about him in current events. I honestly don't know why this is so important, he's an international criminal and if he were found he would be arrested. This video tricks people into a false sense that they can actually do something about this conflict. HA!

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I can't watch it right now, but what is it about?
Gah, I don't know how to summarize it in such few words! Basically, Joseph Kony, A man who since 1986 has led an army of children (LRA) who he has taken and forced to torture, mutilate and kill their family and random people throughout certain parts of Africa. nearly 70k children have been pretty much enslaved for the LRA's use. Yound girls being sex slaves, young boys holding the guns.

Why has he gotten away with it for 26 years? Because nobody knows who he is. So what their trying to do here, is get as much publicity on Kony as they possibly can, through celebrities, politicians, social networking, youtube, etc. Make him as famous as the celebrities, so Joseph Kony becomes a household known name. This way, The US can step in and keep people looking for Kony, find and arrest him.

It is much more extensive and detailed than that, but that was the best I could explain considering there is so much to be accounted for.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is old news tbh. I've heard of this a few years ago. Neighboring countries, or hell a few hit men could just take him out.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
I would support this except whenever i go on YouTube. I just see Kony 2012. It's annoying. But definitely for a good cause.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
This is old news tbh. I've heard of this a few years ago. Neighboring countries, or hell a few hit men could just take him out.
I agree that we should focus on the issues at home. I just thought it was a well presented video, and got my attention. Therefore they have my support. I'm not gonna preach to anyone here. I just wanted to share, and maybe put a bit of my opinion in. :)

ThatAintFalco

Portal
I remember watching this whilst playing herocraft today. Hope that guy burns in the depths of hell.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm not 100% sure on this as my memory is vague and it was about some individual within Africa, but in my Comms and Media course we watched several documentaries etc. on such individuals like Kony. Some journalists did some digging and found out the CIA already sent a task force to assassinate Kony but failed, the task force and around 20 of Kony's men had found these guys within the jungle near Kony's HQ and were locked in a 3 hour battle. Unfortunately the task force were all killed, beheaded and had all their weapons etc looted whilst their bodies were left there.

Again, this could be some other individual that I have gotten mixed up with Kony (my bad if it is :p) but my point is the US Government (and other Governments, individuals etc) are obviously capable of doing something, they may already have done a lot, suppressing public interest at the same time because it's obvious they wouldn't want us to know. Any person(s) holding such power can do whatever they like, I do recall more accurately the CIA were involved in some civil war within Nigeria either in the 80's or 90's, again journalists did digging and found that they were supplying firearms to the bad guys basically and were funding them using drug money on the streets the CIA had given to drug dealers. The main journalist focused on this documentary went "missing" sometime after the documentary was made public due to such discoveries, it's obvious in a sense who did it eh?

Anyway, on a public front, I'm interested to see how this Kony 2012 stuff unfolds..

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Just saying, this video has nearly 10 million views... and it was put up Monday...
the video was put up as a documentary, to make awareness of the evil acts he has done.
NOT to promote him or make him famous.

that is why it has so many hits, derp :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony

if the guy was really a threat, he wouldnt be alive right now.
he is not protected very well at all and everyone will choose a side saying he s good or he is evil.

meh

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/w...eo-on-a-ugandan-warlord-has-gone-viral-183847

read ye nubs and leaern the way of the new age, about social buzz and how you just lost the game.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
the video was put up as a documentary, to make awareness of the evil acts he has done.
NOT to promote him or make him famous.

that is why it has so many hits, derp :(

read ye nubs and leaern the way of the new age, about social buzz and how you just lost the game.
.... What..? If you watched the video, you'd know that their PROMOTING him through the youtube to make him WELL KNOWN so people actually do something about him (meaning arrest him)! Please don't try to prove my ignorance when you act ignorant yourself.

Did you even read what I wrote in the OP? I said it was basically a documentary, so I don't know why you even had to say that.

If you didn't know, and I hope you didn't, "derp" and "The game" are poop.

SonOfAGunner

Ungodly
They don't want to make him (HIM = KONY) famous, in a good way, they want to make him "famous" as in EVERYONE knows about him, and the crimes he has committed. They want everyone to know who he is so the government, who is sending troops to help us capture him, is assured that this is what the PEOPLE want, and what the people want is for him to go to jail for his terrible crimes.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
.... What..? If you watched the video, you'd know that their PROMOTING him through the youtube to make him WELL KNOWN so people actually do something about him (meaning arrest him)! Please don't try to prove my ignorance when you act ignorant yourself.

Did you even read what I wrote in the OP? I said it was basically a documentary, so I don't know why you even had to say that.

If you didn't know, and I hope you didn't, "derp" and "The game" are ****s.

uh what did i say in my post?: to make awareness of the evil acts he has done.

greek next time you wish to 'derp' try a pm to me.

This post is not 'really not needed on the fourms as it can incite political and other issues between player/members"

Good to know but the internet is good at making everyone aware.

I doubt these kids, young kids, that frequent this forum, need to know about some warlord and see what he has done to his part of the world. Your welcome to try to explain to their parents why they learned about mass murder and etc, from a minecraft game forum.

sure they may learn it elsewhere and that is fine by me, but this is my community too and i for one, want to to remain above that line.

98% of the players here at under 18 and most are 13-15. I would NOT want my kid to learn about the world from a forum post. Forums often have jaded or one-sided views.

This is very touchy and possibly political subject. Lots of suffering in the world these days.

I do not think it belongs on our forums at this point.

This post is not 'really not needed on the fourms as it can incite political and other issues between player/members"

I doubt these kids, young kids, that frequent this forum, need to know about some warlord and see what he has done to his part of the world. Your welcome to try to explain to their parents why they learned about mass murder and etc, from a minecraft game forum.

sure they may learn it elsewhere and that is fine by me, but this is my community too and i for one, want to to remain above that line.

98% of the players here at under 18 and most are 13-15. I would NOT want my kid to learn about the world from a forum post. Forums often have jaded or one-sided views.

This is very touchy and possibly political subject. Lots of suffering in the world these days.

I do not think it belongs on our forums at this point.

You know what and excuse my future language. People like you piss me off to the extremes. "I doubt these young kids need to know about a warlord". Why don't you say that to the fucking children who are kidnapped and forced to kill their parents.

Almost seems like your kissing someones ass trying to say that it will entice political rants and debates, like they're going to agree with you and lock the thread. I have so much faith in the herocraft community to say that they're mature enough to not give a shit about stupid things like that. That goes for the "Children."

Did you even watch the video or were you too ignorant to sit still and listen for 5 minutes? 'Wiki'ng' something and then googling it only takes you so far buddy.

Your opinion also doesn't matter to me, don't reply to this, you'll look silly.

To end my rant, i'll say this. You're insulting everything, and anyone who cares about this dilemma. Don't post stupid one-sided opinons. Hypocrite.

TL;DR?
Shut up.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Here's my breakdown of your post, I like to do this to address every thing people say when they write a long post that makes me want to grab my guitar and break it in two.
You quoted me like I was promoting him to make him famous as a celebrity. If you wanted to say that they were promoting him to get him arrested, you shouldn't have quoted me. You confused me.
Just trying to defend my reasoning, I think calling people derps is pretty immature and ineffective in an argument. Try some more advanced insults.

Just because staff doesn't interfere with player politics, doesn't mean we can't discuss politics in the offtopic forums. I believe this is definitely a valid post. I see no reason why politically related content should be censored from the forums.

This is definitely something a young man should talk about with his parents. I would be perfectly comfortable talking with my parents about a subject such as this one. They've shown just as gruesome documentaries at my school when I was still in middle school.

If you can't handle it... Turn the video off? Is it that hard?

If my kid was 13 years of age, and wanted to talk to me about this, or was effected/bothered by it... Good. He should be effected. He should want to do something about it. He should be concered that people like this get away with crimes against humanity such as this one. Didn't you learn about the Holocaust in 6th grade? I sure did. That's worse than this, and we stood as bystanders and watched 6 million people, just like you and me, get slaughtered.

I learned about this stuff, maybe at a young age, but let me tell you, it wizened me up, opened my eyes to the real world. People like this can be stopped, and I understand focusing on ourselves is a VERY valid reason to avoid conflict with other countries... but just ignoring is just cruel, in my opinion.

Not a real statistic. 98% of the players are not 13-15, I can tell you with out thinking twice that is wrong... Does it matter though? Come on, I'm under 18, and you expect us younger people to go to our mommies and cry "Do something mommy! Joseph Kony is a terrible man and scares me!"
There will, and always has been suffering in the world... If you watched the video, there was no praying for world peace, it was a video just trying to shed some light on Kony. If you watched the video you'd know the director of the documentary told his 5 year old son a bit about Kony... Risky, but effective.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your words wrong, please clarify your words, because, as much as I like a bit of debating and discussion, I wouldn't want this to turn into a flame war.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Last time I heard about this was when Rush Lindblah falsely called out Obama for "wanting to kill Christians" because he assumed LRA(Lord's Resistance Army) meant they were good Christian people, and Obama brought up the evil things going on over there once.

So it's all old news to me :p I do hope somebody does something about it eventually.