• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lulu - AP over Support Role

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
So we all know Lulu came out recently and she was mainly classed as support, from the games I've played recently and that my friends have - many have been playing her as AP mid which is quite annoying. The games I've played with that choice has lead me to losses whilst those who played bot lane support went to a win, I mean even last game, my friend went 8/1/12 as bot lane support.

Has anyone else since this fail wave? Or have any other comments about her or other buffs, nerfs etc to happen this patch.

PS. That new Hexdrinker item, Maw of whatever looks like a pretty decent item, I have yet to use it though.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah, it annoys me that people play her as a ad top, ap mid, and even jungle.. She is ment to be a support and she is best as a support.
Sigh, I need more ip. I really want to play her :p

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Yea lulu's support role is far superior to her AP mid/AD top roles. From my experience with her and against her, building her as a support and then later into a mage is the best strategy. ie philo and other basic support items -> Deathcap/rylais. Endgame her E shield and the Ulti buff are crazy good when used in fights. Turns shit around so fast.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, it annoys me that people play her as a ad top, ap mid, and even jungle.. She is ment to be a support and she is best as a support.

Just use RP haha, but good luck man, most queues people insta-dodge the moment they see Lulu being picked otherwise it's a faggy AP mid laner who fails.

Yea lulu's support role is far superior to her AP mid/AD top roles. From my experience with her and against her, building her as a support and then later into a mage is the best strategy. ie philo and other basic support items -> Deathcap/rylais. Endgame her E shield and the Ulti buff are crazy good when used in fights. Turns shit around so fast.

Yeah man I agree, support mode just purely owns, in the last game I played with her, she always focused supporting the Lee Sin on our side and he raped like hell especially when he was ulted on. Early game though when I was Master Yi we were versing Ez and Lulu and her shield + that skill when you can gain sight on the enemy was really critical to assisting me in farming as I had sight and basically could see when they were going to harass me.

Yunadori

Dirt
I just played a game troll top with lulu. I was going to support, but this duo wanted bot and went with it. I went 3/3/15 against garen without any ganks. It went over pretty dang well.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7

I'll probably get her sometime next week when the interest has declined from hardcore peak. I just bought Blitz so I'll have time to learn him before her!

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I'll probably get her sometime next week when the interest has declined from hardcore peak. I just bought Blitz so I'll have time to learn him before her!
I'm going to spend a month or more before I'm able to get her, just enough for people to stop playing her ;D

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, I got Lulu when she came out, and I got to say, best to play her support then mage like yeelow says. He shield is very good if you want to help a champion chasse out someone, while casting whimsy just to speed him up. Doing so, the champion moves crasy fast and has a shield, some extra damage, then Lulu can cast her q from her fairie to hit the ennemy, slowing him down and permitting to kill the champion after that. Thought, good timing and strategie.

Personnaly, I will need to practice her. I am usually playing champions that are considered support/ something else, like Nidalee, to help out others when they need, and also do some good damage. Lulu will be different. Thought remember one thing, and that I keep on forgetting... buy wards each time you get to shop, your team will need to see what going on.

I think that about all... My hands hurt xD

teddytazer

Soulsand
Ive been playing lulu as support. won the last 4 games with 15-25 assists each game. I use magic pen/armor/magic resist runes. For masteries I get utility tree to get mastermind. I build ap&tank. rod of the ages and frozen heart are good items to get.. and I put points in the sheild and speed boost skills before gillterdust (cant remmeber the names).
Lulu is an amazing support. use the help pix to mark invisbles like wukong,shaco,twitch so they cant escape. but u can also shoot the glitterduster thing off them as well. but in general u support your team and are only really as good as the person your supporting.. many times Ive cast my ult on teamate to have them waste it retreating behind me.. :(

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Ive been playing lulu as support. won the last 4 games with 15-25 assists each game. I use magic pen/armor/magic resist runes. For masteries I get utility tree to get mastermind. I build ap&tank. rod of the ages and frozen heart are good items to get.. and I put points in the sheild and speed boost skills before gillterdust (cant remmeber the names).
Lulu is an amazing support. use the help pix to mark invisbles like wukong,shaco,twitch so they cant escape. but u can also shoot the glitterduster thing off them as well. but in general u support your team and are only really as good as the person your supporting.. many times Ive cast my ult on teamate to have them waste it retreating behind me.. :(

I find her slow skill early on really annoying when playing against her, really hate it.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
I think she doesn't scale well late game, she only has 2 damaging abilities, and neither have a short CD. Far better Support imo. And most annoying champ ever.