• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Lost my class, HP bar wonky, and other derpy things

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey,
After this last restart, the game started to derp out on me~
It said I logged from another location (nope, only place I have this installed and played)
Then when I went through the Shrine portal, it looked really different (unless that was me derping out, but I always go left).
My hp hearts on my bar were stacked (I know this is an occasional glitch as it happens on the server I'm an owner on).
And instead of Druid, I was a lost soul again and my balance was the same. The money had not been returned to me.
I tried to relog for a third or fourth time, honestly lost count at this point, and my hearts are back to normal but my
class is still gone.

This happened just a few minutes ago after the restart.

Can someone help please? I'll make you lotsa cookies ;)
Thank you

added at 12:15 am PST:
Also I've noticed, before I didn't have to keep changing to my party chat, now it kicks me into Off-Topic at times, even if I'm still in party~

Not sure if it's just my file or what, but that restart did something~
Also noticed things happen in chat to others, but that's their bugs and their responsibilities to report (though if you really want to know what they were reporting there, I'll tell ya ;) )

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Hey,
It said I logged from another location (nope, only place I have this installed and played)
Then when I went through the Shrine portal, it looked really different (unless that was me derping out, but I always go left).
My hp hearts on my bar were stacked (I know this is an occasional glitch as it happens on the server I'm an owner on).
And instead of Druid, I was a lost soul again and my balance was the same. The money had not been returned to me.
I tried to relog for a third or fourth time, honestly lost count at this point, and my hearts are back to normal but my
class is still gone.

Thank you

Also I've noticed, before I didn't have to keep changing to my party chat, now it kicks me into Off-Topic at times, even if I'm still in party~

Also noticed things happen in chat to others, but that's their bugs and their responsibilities to report (though if you really want to know what they were reporting there, I'll tell ya ;) )
Besides the "Heart Stack Glitch" which I have never encountered, the Player reset glitch has been seen when you dirrect connect ( Which now does not exist ) and something goes wonky with your save file XD ( As far as I am aware )
@Kainzo This sounds like a major Bug, you may wanna get onto that XD

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey,
class is still gone.

Thank you

Besides the "Heart Stack Glitch" which I have never encountered, the Player reset glitch has been seen when you dirrect connect ( Which now does not exist ) and something goes wonky with your save file XD ( As far as I am aware )
@Kainzo This sounds like a major Bug, you may wanna get onto that XD
@greatman321 or @TheYeti - have any thoughts on these issues?

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
DId you do /hero reset?

No I did not

Player files can become corrupted on server end, or be faulty.
Here is the heart glitch from one of our players (I had been up for about 16 hours at the point I was on, very tired, cranky I lost my stuff, hoping staff would be helpful...) So here is a pic of the heart glitch, yes, it does exist and it happened on your server. (God forbid plug-ins crash and glitch, right?) I didn't screenie mine, because at that point, it was the only thing I could see was wrong, so I relogged and it was fine. But that is what it looks like. It does exist and it is a plug-in issue.
pY8V083.png

Now, if you do indeed, look at log files...Perhaps, look at mine? Please?
See if I was Druid before restart then mysteriously Lost Soul after.
Another player reset to Lost Soul after too and was a higher level than 20.
So, obviously, something with one of your plugins happened or my file, or just a temp glitch.
But I do not have Druid back. Frustrating. As it's not easy to get the souls with just starting out.
That would be most kind and helpful and much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have seen the heart glitch before. Also she is in our party and yes, she was a druid a few nights ago. We helped her get the souls for it.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
No I did not

Here is the heart glitch from one of our players (I had been up for about 16 hours at the point I was on, very tired, cranky I lost my stuff, hoping staff would be helpful...) So here is a pic of the heart glitch, yes, it does exist and it happened on your server. (God forbid plug-ins crash and glitch, right?) I didn't screenie mine, because at that point, it was the only thing I could see was wrong, so I relogged and it was fine. But that is what it looks like. It does exist and it is a plug-in issue.
pY8V083.png

So, obviously, something with one of your plugins happened or my file, or just a temp glitch.
But I do not have Druid back. Frustrating. As it's not easy to get the souls with just starting out.
To me that looks like /effect @p 21 10 10 ( Gold Apple absorption ) or /effect @p 22 10 10 ( Hidden Extra Heath Effect ) which adds extra hearts to a players health. It could be a problem with packet information... I have never ever seen anything like it XD Weird stuff

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
W
No I did not

pY8V083.png

Wait? It reset someone to a LVL 20+ Lost Soul? Uh @greatman321 and/or @TheYeti has that happened before?

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
@devotedworker Yes, it happens quite often. Has to do with the way it handles classes and defaulting. If it doesn't get to save properly for whatever reason it will default the save to LostSoul being the current class. Doesn't overwrite any of your classes or anything, just changes your current class.

It's a fairly easy thing to fix, just open a petition and an admin can help you get changed back if you are online or they will just have me change you back if your offline.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
@devotedworker Yes, it happens quite often. Has to do with the way it handles classes and defaulting. If it doesn't get to save properly for whatever reason it will default the save to LostSoul being the current class. Doesn't overwrite any of your classes or anything, just changes your current class.

It's a fairly easy thing to fix, just open a petition and an admin can help you get changed back if you are online or they will just have me change you back if your offline.

Thank you, that was very helpful.
Now, to figure out how to start a petition.

Thanks for handling this guys :) <3

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
As to the stacked hearts thing, that just has to do with how minecraft handles having lots of health. It thinks that for every X amount of health, a heart needs to be shown. Unfortunately the client gets to decide way to much of what really happens, so if there is ever a disconnect between the client and server in communication the client just takes over and shows whatever it wants to show, which usually results in something like 200 hearts being stacked up.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
As to the stacked hearts thing, that just has to do with how minecraft handles having lots of health. It thinks that for every X amount of health, a heart needs to be shown. Unfortunately the client gets to decide way to much of what really happens, so if there is ever a disconnect between the client and server in communication the client just takes over and shows whatever it wants to show, which usually results in something like 200 hearts being stacked up.

Yeah, I've encountered it before on a server I own with someone. It's not a big deal, wasn't too worried about it. Just wasn't sure if anyone else was and the plug-in broke, so just wanted to be as thorough as I could while half asleep.

Thanks again for all the help guys <3

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I thought that the high health present in herocraft was all server caculated ( Like the server sent the corespoding heath in a ( Server Heath ) to ( Real Heath ) ratio XD. So your saying my minecraft knows I have 1000 Heath and displays the right amount of health 0_0 Woah!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No I did not

pY8V083.png

Whats the exact DATE/time that this happened? I'm attempting to track down any errors or stacktraces on the logs so I can see this. The heart bug is a known issue that occurs when Heroes isnt present. However, Heroes has never been removed from Herocraft in the last 3 years so that's an odd one.
It will happen if you take a user and set their health to 1000 in heroes and then remove heroes.

Hey,
class is still gone.

Thank you

Whats the exact IGN? I don't see you logging in, in the last few days.
http://pastie.org/private/eechjdq92ydatwxsma0qfq

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Great server too btw Kainzo <3 You all have done really well~ and I appreciate all the help today :)
I see that you are a level 13 druid - I have changed your class from Lostsoul to Druid - I'll continue to look into this issue - but its seems to be a permission thing or something.