• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Loot Crates (Store item/gambling)

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I am not a fan of the possibility of getting Souls/Experience, it leans towards paying to get money/levels.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@Kainzo will it only be a max tier chance or will there be other chances like upgrade one or two ranks?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo will it only be a max tier chance or will there be other chances like upgrade one or two ranks?
I think we can swing a "promote one tier" as well.

These crates are suppose to do a few different things for the community/server

1) Be good fun for those who have some spare cash to get random loot / packages
2) Help the server out by covering costs and ensuring we're staying ahead
3) Have special ways to give out packages / perks at events without going through painful processes if we want

I understand some are turned off by the thought of exp / souls being on here, but I don't believe its a bad thing. Random is fair and we're going to try and balance it as much as we can before releasing for purchase.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
In regards to giving exp, is there a way for the recieving part to get an item(ie exp bottle) rather than straight exp? I don't like the idea of getting exp while already being mastered...that's just wasted money.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
In regards to giving exp, is there a way for the recieving part to get an item(ie exp bottle) rather than straight exp? I don't like the idea of getting exp while already being mastered...that's just wasted money.
I don't actually think EXP bottles work. When I was a merchant I got some from a villager and it didn't do anything

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There will be exp bottles that provide boosts and items that can be right-clicked and consumed for a set amount of exp.

This may not be ready to be in for loot crates and these items will be obtainable outside of the store primarily.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
What are Loot Crates?
Loot crates can contain several different packages/items/souls such as;
titles (new ones, exclusive to crates such as [LUCKY!] and other ones in the store
pets (including the fabled iron golem)
backpacks (ranging from 9 slot to 54 slot, larger ones being more rare)
microblocks (chance to recieve a set of microblocks!)
exp-boosts (auto-triggered exp boosts ranging from 100% to 200%)
exp (much like voting, small exp gains ranging from 50 xp to 500 xp)
souls (in-game currency ranging from 50s and more)
items (such as dragon eggs, portals and other EXP gaining items)
random-staff-skull (elite!)
max-tier (very rare chance to obtain tier 9)

Will crates be tradable?
uncertain at this time - but there's a possibility

When is this coming?
Soon! The coding has been done by a third party developer and the configuration work is almost complete. The cost of the crate will probably be $5 and there may be different sizes of crates available.

@Galaxial - make a snazzy loot crate logo and @Xanipher maybe make a package icon to fit on the hc.to/store ? :D
Can you get titles, pets, backpacks, and tiers you already have? If so that would be a downer.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Unfortunately, yes. There's no way of knowing what you already have based off the store.
Will there be a way to get a refund if you have proof that you had it already? By a refundd I mean another crate? Or could you trade/sell it to a player for one of their prizes or souls?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Added some new stuff that will be coming out with it.

loot crate multiplication (you're granted two loot crates)

If we allow for the gaining of souls / exp via crates - we'll have to have a minus on them as well. Each crate will have an item (probably the chest) to be kept that "you bought a crate!" type thing.

Things up for debate:
exp-gain
exp-loss (to be fair, this has to be a value, otherwise its not truly gambling
souls
souls-loss (same as exp-loss)

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Things up for debate:
exp-gain
souls

Well yes, it is truly gambling. You are using your hard earned cash to gamble with. If anything, You should just get no prize.

I understand what you are saying, but it is still gambling. Saying a soul or exp loss to balance the gain is a better way to say it.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Added some new stuff that will be coming out with it.

loot crate multiplication (you're granted two loot crates)

If we allow for the gaining of souls / exp via crates - we'll have to have a minus on them as well. Each crate will have an item (probably the chest) to be kept that "you bought a crate!" type thing.

Things up for debate:
exp-gain
souls

Loss of exp wont be that big of a deal for most players; unless you are leveling a new class, its very trivial. Likewise, EXP gain is a non-factor for most players. Why gamble to get a chance at exp when you could just grab a boost?
Then again, most who buy this would be trying to get the "rare" loot. That being said, is the chance at getting something like exp worth $5? I personally wouldn't want to throw away burger money for some exp.

But, thats gambling for you

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
well, we may nix the exp thing altogether and leave in boosts and possible exp-boost potions as a random.

Souls might stay in though.

Trying to keep it fair and balanced while also having a mass appeal for people to try their hand at a crate.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Still preparing these, we hit a major roadblock with the odds/ratio for winning/losing so trying to fix it before we release.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just an FYI - a lot of work has been done on this thanks to @Oxnaomi :)

Most of the config is now finished and im polishing the rewards :)

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Well yes, it is truly gambling. You are using your hard earned cash to gamble with. If anything, You should just get no prize.

I understand what you are saying, but it is still gambling. Saying a soul or exp loss to balance the gain is a better way to say it.
Losing exp and 5$ irl cash = ):