• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Looking to found a democratic township

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Hello, My name is RedEcho and I'm looking for poeple to help found a democratic township. I haven't figured out the detail but my general ideas are:

• The Mayor is elected every 2 or 3 weeks
  • There would also be a council or congress of citizens to help protect the town from a brash mayor and as a way for the mayor to delegate projects.
  • The mayor would be elected by only citizens that have been a member for at least a week or two
  • There would be oath with rules that all elected officials would have to follow when in office (not morality issues, purely just to keep mayors from ransacking the town once elected)
  • With government would come an army, it's main purpose would be to spark war and keep things interesting.
  • One thing I need to figure out is how to have a sustainable economy that isn't solely based on pushing people into mines.
If you would be interested in helping found a township like this you can reply to this thread, pm me, mail me in game, or join /ch nt ( New Tempest) and try to catch me when I'm online. Until we get this township started I will be basing out of new tempest as it is my town as of now.
Thanks,
RedEchoRanger
( i know it's more of a democratic republic but we need a mayor :p)

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
I haven't decided where the town would be started I guess that would be a decision made by the founding fathers... Lol
Though I have yet to find people to help start