• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Long time no see!

brancher

Obsidian
Howdy heroes!

We've been looking at herocraft again since its that time of the 12 year, and noticed a couple changes that interested me and was looking for some further input on them. If some of you would be so kind as to compile information on the following things that would be just dandy.

Townships, and the pvp surrounding them: I've read that its actually possible to attack townships now, i.e. blow into their base with tnt and what not. Is this true? and to what extent does this carry? Are there any other goals aside from just killing people inside their town?

Class balance: A couple old friends have been in contact and have seemed to be playing again, and are telling me that paladins are pretty much the be all end all right now. Is this true? If paladins are in the state that samurais were in zeal that would just be darn right depressing. Please clear this up for me!12

And la12st but certainly not the least of my interests; population! : How's the server holding up in regards to the playerbase? Is player interaction hard to find, or incredibly abundant? If my group were to come back, we would be bringing most of our community with us, so if theres a lack of other groups for us to do combat with, that would be quite dissatisfying.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to get as much input as possible from you guys! I've missed a lot of you~!

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Howdy heroes!

We've been looking at herocraft again since its that time of the 12 year, and noticed a couple changes that interested me and was looking for some further input on them. If some of you would be so kind as to compile information on the following things that would be just dandy.

Townships, and the pvp surrounding them: I've read that its actually possible to attack townships now, i.e. blow into their base with tnt and what not. Is this true? and to what extent does this carry? Are there any other goals aside from just killing people inside their town?

Class balance: A couple old friends have been in contact and have seemed to be playing again, and are telling me that paladins are pretty much the be all end all right now. Is this true? If paladins are in the state that samurais were in zeal that would just be darn right depressing. Please clear this up for me!12

And la12st but certainly not the least of my interests; population! : How's the server holding up in regards to the playerbase? Is player interaction hard to find, or incredibly abundant? If my group were to come back, we would be bringing most of our community with us, so if theres a lack of other groups for us to do combat with, that would be quite dissatisfying.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to get as much input as possible from you guys! I've missed a lot of you~!
I'll give this a go I guess

Townships:
Yes you can "attack the township" currently, but it basically consists of spending a lot of money to plop a couple regions outside their town, which gradually decreases their power and eventually they lose tnt protection. I'm pretty sure this is getting some sort of revamp @Alator

Paladin:
Yes I would also consider paladin to be in a spot like you described. Currently it is one of the most mobile classes in the game (if there is no lag) with it's horse. Paladin also has a stun, a great self/ally heal, and a full heal. So yeah that's one of the issues, I'm pretty sure we have all be hoping for a sort of fix that we can expect soon(TM)

There have been a pretty good amount of people on, especially the weekends. The PVP part of the map is small in comparison to other maps, so interaction isn't that hard to come by, and there are several multi-man groups roaming around so PVP isn't hard to come by.

Hope that helped, and hope to see you and your buddies in game.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Towns & PvP: Currently the way this works is: You can build a Cannon (Its a special region made using Townships 3.0) that will drain the enemy towns Power. Once their power hits 0, they lose regions. If you want to know more about how all the townships stuff works, read the Wiki (http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Townships_Guide) or poke around in game using the /to command.
*Note: This will all change soon as @Alator does not care for the way it currently works, and is trying to change things for the better

Balance: As it is always ongoing, and I am no balance member, it's hard to say exactly how balance is. All warriors are strong ATM due to some armor changes that are being tweaked.

Last but not least, Community: The population seems to be holding high. Some old faces have returned due to this map.

Edit: Derp, was typing this and while I was Irish must've posted. Oh well.

brancher

Obsidian
I'll give this a go I guess

Townships:
Yes you can "attack the township" currently, but it basically consists of spending a lot of money to plop a couple regions outside their town, which gradually decreases their power and eventually they lose tnt protection. I'm pretty sure this is getting some sort of revamp @Alator

Paladin:
Yes I would also consider paladin to be in a spot like you described. Currently it is one of the most mobile classes in the game (if there is no lag) with it's horse. Paladin also has a stun, a great self/ally heal, and a full heal. So yeah that's one of the issues, I'm pretty sure we have all be hoping for a sort of fix that we can expect soon(TM)

There have been a pretty good amount of people on, especially the weekends. The PVP part of the map is small in comparison to other maps, so interaction isn't that hard to come by, and there are several multi-man groups roaming around so PVP isn't hard to come by.

Hope that helped, and hope to see you and your buddies in game.

You mentioned "PvP part of the map" in your post. Is this implying that there are areas other than the central hub that you can't pvp?

Also, thank you for your speedy post! Very informative!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You mentioned "PvP part of the map" in your post. Is this implying that there are areas other than the central hub that you can't pvp?

There are 3 "Main" sections, the 2 continents also have their own spawn zones (When you use Port or /skill warp, you go to the spawn zone of your continent)

To the north is a large PvE continent (No PvP at all)

Bear the edge of the Pve continent are going to be war zones, areas that have PvP switch on and off and will offer rewards for PvPing in them

To the south is a smalle PvP continent. This smallness is good as getting to other players (Or in my case having them come to you) is much easier. While you can swim between continents, it is a very large ocean (Which is kinda small with Depth Strider 3 + Accelerando :p)

There is also a Nether island in the middle of the map, it is PvP on and servers as the temporary way to fight Zombie Pigmen (Magma Cubes and Blazes can be found throughout dungeons around the map)

Lastly there is the Marketplace, it connects both sides Via portals, and houses the DHX and trade district.

Any other questions feel free to ask here or in Help chat :D

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

2 continents pvp and pve. Both are in the same map

...ily 12