• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Level scaling

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm pretty sure Kainzo did mention something about this, but I'm not sure so I'm posting this thread.

Other than unlocking skills or speccing, levelling is bland and pretty boring.

I'm pretty sure kainzo mentioned cooldowns lowering per level, but what about mana costs? Right now a level 40 caster has no advantage over a level 1 caster, shouldn't the level 40 get some sort of bonus for his time playing?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Leveling in this plugin, until you spec, is the same as playing minecraft as normal. Simply play the same way that you would have been playing before heroes came out and you will eventually level up over time. You can't say leveling is bland without saying minecraft is bland, because leveling is just doing all the normal things you would have been doing if this were just a normal map wipe without hereos.

He has been seen considering lowering the spec level several times though so it might happen, and I remember him saying something about implementing a quest system at some point. Like kill x amount of x in x amount of time for x amount of exp reward.

Also it would be sense to give small incentive bonus's over time even for the first job classes, so you don't go from 1 to 50 with no rewards, like you said. Maybe start giving the mages their extra 2 recalls over time? A second recall at level 30, the 3rd at level 40, and then they get to spec as the reward for 50?

Dunno what to give the other classes, no time to think about it right now.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Also it would be sense to give small incentive bonus's over time even for the first job classes, so you don't go from 1 to 50 with no rewards, like you said. Maybe start giving the mages their extra 2 recalls over time? A second recall at level 30, the 3rd at level 40, and then they get to spec as the reward for 50?

Dunno what to give the other classes, no time to think about it right now.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Some content and rewards WHILE working your way to 50 would be great, better than just lowering the spec level.