• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Level Restricted Mob Arenas (Newbie Friendly)

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I suggested this idea on another thread, but it was a bit off topic, so i'm giving the idea it's own thread.

Lot's of new players find it hard to level up in the wild and when they go to Mob Arenas they are often left out or left to die in the early waves by higher level players. I know this for a fact because I have a handful of new players in my town (Level 15<) they find it almost impossible to get into an MA. When they do, they are joined by other low levels, and do not make it very far.

I was thinking that we could have one (maybe two) Mob Arenas located in the spawn city of DragonGuard (<is that what it's called :S <.<). This would allow for easy access (new players won't have to travel in the wild and get killed every 5 seconds [Mobs or mercy less players] )

We mightn't even need a new Mob Arena constructed, we could just make the Sewer Arena level locked.

Here is what I propose (Please don't see these suggestions as what I 100% believe, this is just for the sake of the argument)

Mob Arena: Sewer
Restricted: Level locked to players under 30
Waves: 35 waves
Boss: No Boss. (No blaze, they wouldn't stand a chance) this would also result in no EndStone
Mobs: No caves spiders. Sheep or slime every 5 waves to let them regen mana (Low Levels don't have that much mana)

Rewards:

Wave 5: (See Wiki)
Wave 10-20: (RedStone)
Wave 25: (Iron Ingot)
Wave 30: (Iron Tools)
Wave 35: (Diamond) [Grand Prize]

Sorry if this is all over the place and if i've repeated myself a few times. I've had a big day and am very tired. I'll try to make it easier on the eyes later and add some colour :)

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Its a good idea, but that makes it no real challenge to level 1 to 30.
New players need to learn what HC is and how you go about playing it and to do that
I think that they should have to go into the wild to level to the point were they would be useful in MA.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Its a good idea, but that makes it no real challenge to level 1 to 30.
New players need to learn what HC is and how you go about playing it and to do that
I think that they should have to go into the wild to level to the point were they would be useful in MA.

The Main purpose of the MA is to level not to be usefulso you can get rewards from it, but to level up from it (That's why Spawners are now illegal).

"new players need to learn what HC is and how you go about playing it".

Mob Arenas do teach these players what HC is. In the Mob Arenas they can meet older more experienced players, become more well known ( I always notice players that are always enthusiastic and are at the MA's everyday.) When I managed to convince some players to let a low level I just met into an MA, the kid has a blast, he leveld up fast, made new friends, and met older more experienced players, That showed him how awesome the players are on this server. Now he feels more comfortable, knowing he can send a ./tell anytime if he needs help or doesn't want to look like a complete idiot in /h.

If he'd gone to the wilderness:

A- Would've got slaughtered by Players - giving him a bad impression on the server. ( No one likes just joining then getting camped and killed all day long [Yes.I know it's a hardcore server, but that doesn't mean you should tell them to "Get over it and go level" because that's what they were trying to do before you came and killed them)

B- Never would've met all those awesome players in the Mob Arena, that made him feel welcome and gave him some tips etc.

but that makes it no real challenge to level 1 to 30.

I can say the same thing.

Why have Mob Arenas, that makes it no real challenge to level 31-55. You have decent skills at that level, there shouldn't be a problem, it's not like a you are going to get camped and killed all day long.