• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let's Talk Herocraft

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay so we're about a week into the new map and there are a lot of obvious issues with Herocraft which I think need to be addressed, this is what this thread will be about and I appreciate all comments and suggestions and will update the thread according to that.

Resources

• Resources are in abundance and are more or less becoming worthless and have very little use on the server right now, the prices will only decline since it is so easy to obtain a mass amount of resources such as Emeralds, diamonds and gold etc...

• Continuing with the very little use of resources - there isn't a lot to really do with stacks and stacks of diamonds or emeralds or even gold, the idea of banking and selling gold again is still yet to be discussed really or implemented and to be honest even if banking and selling gold was to be implemented now the pricing would be very little because more or less everyone has around a chest full of gold ingots.

• Among the abundance of resources there is also a crazy amount of soul drops right now. A 10 minute mining trip through caves can easily rake in around 100-300c depending on luck just from mining ores that will then respawn only for people to rinse and repeat in the future.

PVE, Experience and Leveling

• Currently the only viable method of leveling is through pig zombies and I'm pretty confident in saying that was accidental and it was somewhat lucky that these pigzombies were at such high rates or everyone would be in uproar over the lack of leveling methods.

• There is the talk of dungeons which I know are in the works of being implemented but I feel people need to be kept in the loop or given an eta regarding the status of dungeons or when we can expect to actually use them.

• Maybe other mobs exp rates need to severely increased then to balance out the use of pigzombies because with the legislation of dark rooms people can have their personal areas to level rather than constantly having to compete against large groups of players who control the entire pig zombie zone (especially through bosts)

Economy

• As mentioned before the ridiculous amount of resources and soul drops is making the market become more or less non existent, the only trade chat there currently is, is selling enchanted god picks or golden crate keys or the occasional diamond trade.

• Currently money tops are seeing high numbers already very early into the map and the majority of the money isn't even towns pooling their money together, just their isn't anything to spend money on other than potentially town upgrades.

• The lack of market is also due to everyone not needing anything from other players. There is no struggle for any kind of resource and most professions at the moment are near redundant because of this.

• The nether is also yet to be added meaning some professions cannot access a few of their skills.

PVP/Raiding

• Death Chests are ridiculous at the moment, a 6 minute wait is somewhat understandable but then this opens the opportunity for the player to momentarily get all of their items back for a brief moment die and then repeat the process over and over again, a cool down needs to be implemented for these death chests and also a few rules for where they can spawn.
    I suggest:
    - Death chests can only spawn in the wild or in a town in which you have region access to.
    - A cool down of 15minutes upon the REMOVAL of your death chest before another can be activated.

• TNT needs to be activated, the world block respawn is very impressive and is working from what we've seen so I assume it would be possible to add this in to blowing up other peoples regioned areas to gain access from outside the region. What I would suggest is that we repeat the use of the ore regen plugin with TNT so that the area blown up with TNT is spawned with a lot of cobwebs which cannot be destroyed giving people time to respond to the destruction of their region.

I understand there aren't a lot of suggestions given to combat these issues and some of them may just be the opinion of a minority but I feel it is best to have this thread for everyone to discuss and be kept in the loop regarding any upcoming changes in Herocraft.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm open to ideas/suggestions.

I've made some slight adjustments to the drop rates from lesser and greater ores. It's also to be noted that Emerald ore is no longer a greater ore in this custom map, that's been adjusted as of today.

Nether will be in the next few days.
I'll be knocking out dungeons (mob placements first then later items/loot tables)

Areorah

Stone
Dark Rooms aren't efficient at all. I mined 16 chunks out at y:10 with a 3 block space. I have to wait 5ish mins for mobs to spawn and when they do, they are in groups of around 2-8. This is really slow compared to Pigman, where I can get 20ish pigman in 2-3 minutes.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm open to ideas/suggestions.

I've made some slight adjustments to the drop rates from lesser and greater ores. It's also to be noted that Emerald ore is no longer a greater ore in this custom map, that's been adjusted as of today.

Nether will be in the next few days.
I'll be knocking out dungeons (mob placements first then later items/loot tables)
I would really like to see a use for emeralds again.

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
I almost wonder if the ore regeneration should be longer than a single day, otherwise people aren't going to explore as much when mining, because you can easily set way points at big clusters and then just come back everyday for your diamonds/gold/etc.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Making use of lapis and emeralds is something can should be needed. @Kainzo with your new custom weapons upgrade system maybe lapis can be apart of that upgrade, giving it a use other than exp when mined