• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lets talk about grief (new map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I really think that having a scaling block limit (per hour) could be a really cool feature. Going to check into the configs and see what we can do that could allow players to protect massive builds if they play enough to support it.

Clawscript

Obsidian
I really think that having a scaling block limit (per hour) could be a really cool feature. Going to check into the configs and see what we can do that could allow players to protect massive builds if they play enough to support it.
I assume that will apply to towns as well?
Sorry if there was any other solution previously mentioned that I missed.

spiralz

Obsidian

If this is the case, might want to add an auto-kick for players being idle too long. I can imagine someone being afk for hours just to gain more region allowances.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yep, that's a pretty easy thing to do (and its in vanilla minecraft)

When I watched the video it said AFK players don't accumulate blocks.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Lots of long posts, unfortunately I don't have the time to read through it all at this time.

• This thread was originally started to discuss the allowance of grief everywhere.
    • If something wasn't GP Claimed, it would be griefable.
    • This thread has branched off into several different unrelated tangents.
    • We've decided - and @Kainzo can correct me if I'm wrong; Our previous grief rules will apply. Grief is ILLEGAL.
    • Imo, I think the rules on crop grief should go away. Far too many new players aren't aware of the rules and it encompasses, what.. 80% of grief PE's?
    • We can review the claim rules on Non-GP claimed builds.
  • GP Siege
    • Once a siege is enabled, any block ID on the soft block list is breakable.
    • This is not a perfect world, the blocks do not regen after the siege is over - this will NOT be considered grief.
    • Mindless destruction of soft blocks during a siege WILL be illegal.
  • GP Claim Allowances
    • We will most likely be enabling:
      • Buy Claims - Price Unknown at this time - Allows players to purchase more claim limits, will be less efficient than towns and supporter tiers.
      • Claims.BlocksAccruedPerHour: 100 (Values will need to be discussed)
        The number of claim blocks awarded to players for each hour of play time on your server. These are awarded gradually (about every 5 minutes), but only to players who aren't just standing around doing nothing (idling).
Let's discuss further now that we all have a better understanding of this thread. Let's reduce the walls of text, get to the point - cut out the fluff so that we can respond promptly. Thanks!

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Can we also add dirt and cobble boxes to that list of breakable stuff?
I've seen far too many around previous maps that are never cleaned because the claim process takes a while.

We can just /restorenature that ish, a nice tool for admins.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The goal is to reduce petitions, while keeping players informed and not restricting them. I think we'll need another mod/admin meeting to clarify and make sure everyone is on the same page.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Lots of long posts, unfortunately I don't have the time to read through it all at this time.

• This thread was originally started to discuss the allowance of grief everywhere.
    • If something wasn't GP Claimed, it would be griefable.
    • This thread has branched off into several different unrelated tangents.
    • We've decided - and @Kainzo can correct me if I'm wrong; Our previous grief rules will apply. Grief is ILLEGAL.
    • Imo, I think the rules on crop grief should go away. Far too many new players aren't aware of the rules and it encompasses, what.. 80% of grief PE's?
    • We can review the claim rules on Non-GP claimed builds.
  • GP Siege
    • Once a siege is enabled, any block ID on the soft block list is breakable.
    • This is not a perfect world, the blocks do not regen after the siege is over - this will NOT be considered grief.
    • Mindless destruction of soft blocks during a siege WILL be illegal.
  • GP Claim Allowances
    • We will most likely be enabling:
      • Buy Claims - Price Unknown at this time - Allows players to purchase more claim limits, will be less efficient than towns and supporter tiers.
      • Claims.BlocksAccruedPerHour: 100 (Values will need to be discussed)
        The number of claim blocks awarded to players for each hour of play time on your server. These are awarded gradually (about every 5 minutes), but only to players who aren't just standing around doing nothing (idling).
Let's discuss further now that we all have a better understanding of this thread. Let's reduce the walls of text, get to the point - cut out the fluff so that we can respond promptly. Thanks!

Added section about GP Claim Allowances!

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
If we cant do rollbacks post-seige, is it reasonable to require that all town structures must have an "entrance" aka doorway or similar that is either a literal door or made of agreed upon "soft blocks" like dirt or wool? Then we could allow seiging to have access to all structures potentially while still keeping the majority of bricks off the soft block list to prevent massive griefing / rebuilding.

Anyway this could be built into the plug in like township 3.0 where a region wouldnt be created until certain block requirements were met? Im guessing probably not but would be cool /shrug.

xMJay

Portal
From my understanding if you build a box out of non "soft blocks" you can be immune to raids. All blocks should be able to be destroyed by tnt making raiding possible(even obsidian). In regards to griefing claims, having post-siege regen for blocks would be ideal. It is a shame that this cannot be added in because with the current plug-in it seems that bases are just going to be invincible and people will only be able to raid players who are too lazy to just surround their base with invincible blocks. Even with @Dakinara's idea of requiring a way in, players could still block themselves into safe rooms inside their claim etc.

If HC wants to enable TnT raiding they should make all blocks vulnerable. I don't see the point of this raiding system when you can just surround your base with one type of block and be completely safe. If HC wants people to build things that aren't boxes of invincible material they need to scrap this new raiding system or code in a post-siege block regen, which would allow all blocks to be destroyed. (I will still make a box, but at least that box would be possible to raid, albeit still hard)

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3

• Agree of potential future of block haven.
  • Disagree that all blocks should be TNT vulnerable.
  • HC has class abilities, should be on player's shoulders to stealthily catch players off guard and kill, and other players have ability to 'out maneuver', fall back, or hide.
  • Block regen hard to manage for what drops vs what doesn't because duping.

xMJay

Portal
the only duping i have encountered with block regen involved chests. Make it so blocks don't drop, and that chests, heads, item frames etc do not regen

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
the only duping i have encountered with block regen involved chests. Make it so blocks don't drop, and that chests, heads, item frames etc do not regen
But then people lose everything to a raid when TnT blows up their chest.

xMJay

Portal
Lwcs Should keep real valuables safe and there are ways to make highly defensible bases

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You shouldn't be at risk of having all your items removed from existence simply because LWC's exist. They are expensive and limited. Chests don't have to regen as long as blocks could drop.

If they drop than you can risk getting some back.

Status
Not open for further replies.