• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lets Face it....

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Right now, most of the unregioned areas throughout Herocraft look terrible. If you go into almost any desert, there is a bunch of random holes everywhere, pillars, etc. And if you look in forest biomes, we have a bunch of half cut down trees with random cobblestone all over the ground. There is hardly any tall grass, because people destroy it all without replanting. People need to start caring more about the way the natural land looks in Herocraft. People need to stop making their little cobblestone houses, and actually try to make them look nice. One thing that also looks ugly, is random furnaces/crafting tables all throughout the world. Also those 1x1 cobblestone bridges to get across mountains. At least put some effort into them!

It doesn't matter to me if this thread gets a lot of hate, just please plant more saplings and bone meal stuff, do make it look nicer. Maybe even cover up the 1x1 holes to bedrock, and destroy the pillars, take down the random crafting tables and furnaces.
The server will look a lot nicer....
@MajorasMask

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Things you can do whenever you are travelling around HC, walking around or going on raids:

Bring one of the following (or more): Dirt, saplings, bone meal.

What do you do? You walk around and plant tall grass and saplings while you walk, patching up any holes you see. You don't need to spend a lot of time, infact I myself walked to Oblivion and back planting tall grass rather quickly.

It doesn't take long, and in the long run it'll all add up to restoring the forests that once existed on this map. It would be cool if the dynamic map was up to take a screenshot of ''before/after''.

Mariohgcz

Legacy Supporter 7
We could actually make it so when you cut down a tree, and not put a sappling back where the tree was (in an unregioned area), a certain number of times, for example 10, a fee is issued to you. This would actually give players a reason to replant sapplings.

I think this would help a lot. Exspecially to the new players. For example when I started a few weeks ago I couldn;t find a tree forever to help me get started. Finally I found one after travelling for a LONG time. Replating saplings will help a bunch.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
We could actually make it so when you cut down a tree, and not put a sappling back where the tree was (in an unregioned area), a certain number of times, for example 10, a fee is issued to you. This would actually give players a reason to replant sapplings.

That would hurt people who are clearing an area for a town or house. The idea of a 'cleanup crew' has been thrown around in the past, but never materialized into anything.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Admins can easily repopulate an area with trees too btw.

Whenever I'm flying around its smoothing areas over and replanting... Not all areas are easy to smooth or replant on :(

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I liked what Xanipher did yesterday with the forests, but they lacked one thing: tall grass. Also, I don't know if she patched up holes. I think the /brush feature can be used to remove all bits of cobblestone, workbenches and furnaces, and unlimited dirt can be used to cover those holes. With all of this into one, a damn good forest can be made! ;)

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
If I got bonemeal, I could go around and get tall grass up, but not make every block tall grass. :p I'd use the bones I have atm, but I need those for Consume on my journeys. :(

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I found that, if you walk from Point A to Point B on a regular basis, just making a long line of bone meal would be fine, for you to then make a second line next to it. The same goes for saplings.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
In Zeal, I remember @Neotetro handing out saplings and bonemeal like drugs. While I was offline, I heard that many D101 citizens went around planting forests. I remember logging in one day with a huge forest surrounding the entire town. Good times! :D

That's what Oblivion has done today. Me, PewPew and Fo0led went around and planted a shit load of saplings. All they need to do now is to grow into trees. Is it possible, in this case, for admins to use one of their powers to make all saplings turn into trees? Or will this create too much lag?

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I'd plant some trees, but I get attached to things I make and get mad when people tear down something I took time to plant and grow. :(

Terisye

TNT
I had made a forest about 2 months ago called "Sweegy woods" and I did plant many plants in it. For example: pumpkin, cactus, sugar cane, vines, melons and LOTS of bonemeal. Pretty much a waist of time because people cut all the plants down and some tree stocks. One person I had fought in my woods told me he was just cutting it down for xp and didn't care (even though i had like 20 or so signs stating it was a planted area and please do not cut it down) so I stopped making it. I patch up areas around my region and then some to this day... but that is all I do now.

I guess in the end.. people would rather play on a blasted landscape than a cool looking landscape.... sigh.

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
Isn't there a plugin that plants the sapling item entity within a certain time of being idle on the ground?

Pretty sure that if you had that plugin, cutting down tress would actually make forests more lush. Assuming they didn't gather all the saplings like the greedy hoarders they are.