• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Layhands

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
The spell is wonderful, but I think it would be much nicer if it required 50 mana to cast, but took all the mana instead. As a paladin tanking in MA, I find that I need to taunt quite a bit and then when I need this spell, I am unable to use it because I don't have full 100 mana.

Aetosion

Obsidian
That's the idea. If you could heal to full hearts from half mana, paladins would be way too strong.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Since layhands fully heals someone I think it should require all mana, it is a last resort skill of coarse.

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
having done some tanking as a pally i agree with the op. Its not much of a last resort skill because it cant be used as a last resort due to it costing 100 mana. Having it as the op stated would make pally alot more flexible and keep the current drawbacks for using it. Ive only recently become a pally and theres been so many situations where layhands wouldve saved the day if it could be used.

codyneace

Legacy Supporter 4
I've been playing a paladin since I started back on the new map. I can't say that I agree with this. Mainly because of the pvp aspect of playing. Paladins simply don't die in most reasonable situations as is. I've tanked and cleared quite a few of the ma's since their release as well. I have had a few shitty moments during the time they took out the reagents for invuln. But for the most part as long as you have a competent group/composition, staying alive in ma's shouldn't be too much of a hassle if any.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
You are correct sir. I wrote this post before I had shield. I find that I am indeed able to hold my own, but it would be nice to heal an ally to full mid combat while I may not have full mana.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
It won't take 100% stam, it'll take half stam - stam is like mana, if you dont have enough you cannot use it.

Wouldn't that make it slightly underpowered then? Considering you need to pay attention to both resource bars at once...

Is the cooldown the same?

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Its going to regen that fast in the normal server? (Ranger using Summon Arrows)

The idea I heard is that stamina has a way smaller reserve but regenerates rapidly where as mana has a large reserve that regenerates more slowly.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Rangers are hybrids. Summon Arrow/Ice Arrow/Fire Arrow etc all still operate on the mana system.