• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Killing In Pve

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
there are different ways to combat tag yourself or a friend in pve, if another player hits the one that is combat tag, they enter in pvp mode too. Way to solve it, dont attack anyone in pve and you would not get tagged...

The players can be annoying trying to make you hit them even by accident. Nothing you can do about it, wait until they leave. This is the same as players annoying while you build, lvling, mining,....

[snip]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If players are hitting you in a safe zone and you don't have a bounty, we'll punish them. However, if you hit someone, its more or less your fault ofr attempting to attack someone combat tagged.

We are trying to solve the underlying issue with that.

johnnjlee

TNT
Well some one was able to combat tag themselves in the arena and it was frigin awesome cause there was no risk of loosing anything. We had about 7 people in a huge melee. This give me an idea I'll post in the suggestions.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
If players are hitting you in a safe zone and you don't have a bounty, we'll punish them. However, if you hit someone, its more or less your fault ofr attempting to attack someone combat tagged.

We are trying to solve the underlying issue with that.
This is still apparently an issue.

If this happens to anyone, please use screenshots or videos and report to hc.to/exploits.

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
I fell victim to this once with uin. The problem I have is that these guys are intentionally trying to LURE people into hitting them using various tactics. Granted, if you fall for this TWICE you are stupid but....it can be rough on new players who will just assume that the trade area is safe.

I don't think it is fair to blame it on the new folks, they don't know, compared to the seasoned players who know EXACTLY what they are doing and are trying to get some easy loots off people who don't know any better.

The time I fell for it, I was town looking for repairs, I spammed in trade chat and shortly after uin came over and started targeting me attempting to get a reaction (swinging sword, spamming skills). As a result, I ended up losing a very large number of broken god picks and a stack of diamonds. I know it's easy to say "Well you shouldn't have attacked him", but I didn't know any better, and I was being trolled. My guess is quite a few players would ragequit right there and you'd never see another $$ out of them. Considering the high turnover here as it is, that's probably not a good thing?

Just an old fart's 2c.

Domainoft

Coal
Not sure if this is the same bug that happened to me and Boduhal earlier tonight. I'll try to be as non-descriptive as I can about the people and the methods and you can PM me if its something worth looking more into the details.

Me and Boduhal had partied up just after the announcement of the Easter event. We went to our local PvE side dungeon, been there dozens of times. Found a couple of other well know pvp players already there farming the spawner we first intended to use. We figured this location is really good, we'll just share the mobs since its an event.

Unfortunately the other party had a difference of opinion and one of them a well known class for dropping special things in the ground. somehow managed to hit both of us with the aoe it produces....and our aoe spells designed to kill the mobs began hitting the players as well, combat flagging us in the process. At the time I was not equipped nor leveled enough to put up a fight, they were kind enough to let us leave with that warning.

But the fact that you can pull someone unwillingly into a pvp situation, while on the pve side of the map. Without the normal restrictions of bounty timers and the like is a bit alarming. They could potentially hit you with this anywhere.

I know this information is getting around, I have heard players in TS talking about combat flagging people while they are in the secure trading booths. Which prevents them from warping out, and generally results in death. Just another misuse of what should be an interesting ability.