• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Killing In Pve

johnnjlee

TNT
So some guys were running around and getting people to combat tag them somehow (not telling I put it in the exploit forums, look at it).

After some people raged (including me) and demanded that they get their stuff back and for them to stop doing that to new players, they insisted that the ones they were killing should get banned because the players were attacking them, either though they run up to people and get in their face till they attack them while they have combat tagged themselves meaning that they are concious about the combat tagging of themselves and that it bypasses PvP protection. The people who fell for it always start running away while they are getting murdered, not even fighting back, so they did not do this intentionally.

So just wondering, are we all in the wrong or are the people who combat tag themselves in the wrong.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Can confirm this works. Just gonna assume it's the same exploit I've seen (I couldn't replicate so I didn't report it, figured it was just a one off thing, but if there are people tagging in PvE than I know what it probably is) done in spawn.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'd call this a bug over anything, I know how it's being done and not sure if it is intentional.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Debating if the player being killed is in the wrong or the other way around

"Creative use of game mechanics". Imo, wouldn't punish any over this. If it's fixable, fix it. If not, we can make a rule on it.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Moved to bugs.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
"Creative use of game mechanics". Imo, wouldn't punish any over this. If it's fixable, fix it. If not, we can make a rule on it.
exactly, also the "they insisted the players they killed should be banned" was never said.

but nonetheless this is a vanilla mechanic of minecraft.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
i don't think anyone suggested that the killed players should be banned... Just that it's mostly their fault for initiating the pvp

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Irl if some one is in my face I push them away, I tend to forget that this is minecraft :p
Irl if someone trusts you enough to let you watch them shoot arrows through them, don't punch them for it