• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Karma effects, involving skills and classes

Ultanian

Portal
Reading Thomasyeung9999's thread, I got what I think would be a cool idea to add involving karma! Karma could restrict certain skills or classes to be obtained, I have 2 possibilities for this.

1. Possibility 1: Karma is changed to be a requirement for certain classes, as a player must be "good" to use a heroic type of class, such as a paladin. Some players would need to be "Evil" to be another. Classes would include the following...

Good
Paladin, Samurai, Pyromancer, Wizard, Mystic, Cleric, Ranger, Bard, Runeblade

Evil
Dreadknight, Dragoon, Necromancer, Beguiler, Disciple, Bloodmage, Ninja

2. Possibility 2: Every skill has it's own evil/good counterpart, and would depend on the karma of the player when it is learned. Let's say a Dragoon is going to learn bash. The player is evil, so he/she learns the evil bash, which has slightly different effects than the normal Bash. (Perhaps stunned longer, but less damage?) If the Dragoon decides they want to switch to good, the Evil Bash will stay an "Evil" skill and the effects won't change. Another good example is a Necromancer learns Hellgate at level 50, if they are good, Hellgate would teleport to The End (or Aether if possible) and to the Nether if they are evil.

JacobBurkey

Portal
Reading Thomasyeung9999's thread, I got what I think would be a cool idea to add involving karma! Karma could restrict certain skills or classes to be obtained, I have 2 possibilities for this.

1. Possibility 1: Karma is changed to be a requirement for certain classes, as a player must be "good" to use a heroic type of class, such as a paladin. Some players would need to be "Evil" to be another. Classes would include the following...​
What's going to happen when they don't even have a classs yet? Or are you just saying that you get extra effects if you're evil and it corresponds with the "evil class" and you get bonus effect?

Ultanian

Portal
I was stating two different ways Karma could be implemented into skills, ( I personally like the 2nd one,) and I said that every skill has a Good version and an Evil one.

I would have switched pyromancer and dragoon, wizard and beguiler, and disciple and runeblade. I honestly couldn't imagine goon, beguiler, and disciple to be considered evil or wiz pyro and runeblade to be considered good.

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
... Hellgate would teleport to The End (or Aether if possible) and to the Nether if they are evil.

It would be cool to have a custom unique generated world like that . Like , very unique trees , custom landscapes , personalized structures ( put manualy if can't be generated ) etc . I know it's hard , but I'll keep hoping :D

Ultanian

Portal
It would be cool to have a custom unique generated world like that . Like , very unique trees , custom landscapes , personalized structures ( put manualy if can't be generated ) etc . I know it's hard , but I'll keep hoping :D
I know there are plugins that generate and create custom worlds (including generated structures), one I know of very well is the Hoth Generator which makes a snow world. So it IS possible to have a Multiplayer Aether without mods, all that woould be needed is a custom generator plugin.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

1. Possibility 1: Karma is changed to be a requirement for certain classes, as a player must be "good" to use a heroic type of class, such as a paladin. Some players would need to be "Evil" to be another. Classes would include the following...

Good
Paladin, Samurai, Pyromancer, Wizard, Mystic, Cleric, Ranger, Bard, Runeblade

Evil
Dreadknight, Dragoon, Necromancer, Beguiler, Disciple, Bloodmage, Ninja

2. Possibility 2: Every skill has it's own evil/good counterpart, and would depend on the karma of the player when it is learned. Let's say a Dragoon is going to learn bash. The player is evil, so he/she learns the evil bash, which has slightly different effects than the normal Bash. (Perhaps stunned longer, but less damage?) If the Dragoon decides they want to switch to good, the Evil Bash will stay an "Evil" skill and the effects won't change. Another good example is a Necromancer learns Hellgate at level 50, if they are good, Hellgate would teleport to The End (or Aether if possible) and to the Nether if they are evil.
Disciple aren't evil by trade... nor are Dragoons... and by that note, Clerics could also be evil.