• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Just lol

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
i bet no one here has ever seen this video, its not like it has thousands of views or anything.

I'm not very savvy with the music industry but I have come to understand that the Friday song has received a lot of criticism of late. This is probably because the masses seem to not understand it's thought provoking rhetoric, so I'm going to try and analyze and explain the metaphors and meanings to the songs so to clear things up for y'all.

Firstly, one has to appreciate that the song Friday has a heavy lyrical discourse of the brutal challenges and choices a teenager has to face on a daily basis... like choosing to sit in the front seat (which of course is a metaphor for taking symbolic stand as a leader before their peers, subjecting themselves to possible humiliation in the process or recognition as a model figure within their social group) or in the back seat (which is clearly complying to social pressure to fit in with the norms, it naturally being a favourable choice to follow the trends rather than set them, this clearly being the 'easier' choice to make but possibly a less impactful one which is less likely to develop the character of the teenager).

Looking at the song this way, one can see how inspiring it truly is. I swear if Michael Jackson ever dies then this Rebecca Black will be the new king of pop! (I'm only joking; everyone knows that chicks can't be kings.) But yeah, that's some really deep music there.

Just like in the heart wrenching song My Jeans Where the children set off on a epic journey to establish a form of identity for themselves:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64[/video]
This of course is represented by their desires to emulate popular figures and celebrities such as Hannah Montana (which we all know is an inspiring persona for having courageously overcome down syndrome to make a name for herself in the recording industry, getting her name up there with classical artists such as the late Lady Gaga and that dude from that one band with that catchy tune: Dunnnn dun dun dun dun dunnnn dunnnnnnn.)

This is all implied by the ingeniously subtle analogy that the Protagonist of the song is wearing the exact same jeans as the person that they wish to emulate. However upon closer inspection of the lyrical material, one finds that the wording is actually reversed to imply that ownership of the jeans belongs to the protagonist and that rather, the character that they seem to be wanting to emulate is actually emulating the protagonist all along. eg. "Pete Burns is wearing my jeans."
article-0-0B90F7F1000005DC-473_306x558.jpg

The clever juxtaposition of these two reversed concepts forms an inspiring and motivating vicissitude in which the protagonist has freed herself from the bonds of social conformity and has transcended the need to follow trends to the point where her self sufficiency has become so powerful that it has become a driving force in trend setting itself.

These songs have so much depth that they oculd easily prompt one to get lost on a tangent on all the other symbolicism that pops up in these two masterpieces but I believe they speak loudly and proudly for themselves. These are two deeply meaningful and expertly executed pieces that will not only define our generation and inspire the many more to come, but perhaps even survive the test of time itself...

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
SupaSkwirrel said:
words words words

Warning: showing support for Rebecca Black's "Friday", serious or otherwise, is a grievous offense, and can result in a one-day ban.

Hand to God.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Doreagarde said:
SupaSkwirrel said:
words words words

Warning: showing support for Rebecca Black's "Friday", serious or otherwise, is a grievous offense, and can result in a one-day ban.

Hand to God.

Agreed and support this mysterious god that somehow never showed up before....

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
I found no humor in listening to a song popularized by its horrible lyrics and singing, but this time censored with loud and annoying bleeps. Grow up sam.