• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Just a new guy looking for the word around town.

Leelucky2

Dirt
Well while I have been waiting for my whitelist, I've taken the time to read the forums, check all the sections and such (Yes I am staring at my apply) And.. It's just I am kinda scared with what I've seen in them, like the so called staff abusing, but I presume and assume this is just some troll and his friends trying to ruin a good persons name but could you people please tell me your opinion?
for example.
  1. Are they nice?
  2. do they talk to you, hang around and both keep everything in a line?
  3. Not so rough around the edges with rules? for example rules with an iron fist
  4. Not corrupted by power?
  5. Likes to joke around and goof off even on their *job*
  6. Doesn't give others *favoritism* Just because they are X person
Those are just simple examples really.
On a side note, is what I am asking is BAD please lock tis threat instantly and sorry, it's just when I get interested in something I tend to ask questions and read about it.
(Please be honest and do not use any word that would be of an insult. There is always a way to speak of a persons faults in a correct manner.)
(I am Spanish please excuse my spelling and grammar)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well while I have been waiting for my whitelist, I've taken the time to read the forums, check all the sections and such (Yes I am staring at my apply) And.. It's just I am kinda scared with what I've seen in them, like the so called staff abusing, but I presume and assume this is just some troll and his friends trying to ruin a good persons name but could you people please tell me your opinion?
for example.
  1. Are they nice?
  2. do they talk to you, hang around and both keep everything in a line?
  3. Not so rough around the edges with rules? for example rules with an iron fist
  4. Not corrupted by power?
  5. Likes to joke around and goof off even on their *job*
  6. Doesn't give others *favoritism* Just because they are X person
Those are just simple examples really.

On a side note, is what I am asking is BAD please lock tis threat instantly and sorry, it's just when I get interested in something I tend to ask questions and read about it.
(Please be honest and do not use any word that would be of an insult. There is always a way to speak of a persons faults in a correct manner.)
(I am Spanish please excuse my spelling and grammar)
There are many positions in Staff.
You can check the wiki for the entire list of staff.
These range from people who whitelist others onto the server (Proctors) to those who help new players and assist higher staff with petitions (Guide). The mods of the server actively scan for hackers and solve issues/petitions as they can. Admins of the server aren't players whatsoever and are trained to be as unbiased as possible. Admins do not give out free items/teleports and are not allowed to show favoritism in any way; they assist players with more complex tasks and are the highest level of staff.

The founders, aka, myself, apherdite & seratt are the overseers to ensure staff is on the ball and the server is up and running without issue.

The rules are laid out as best as they can be, there are some gray areas but we have a warning system in place - which based on the severity of the issue can mean an instant ban for the first offense (hacking etc).

Hopefully this helps - others can feel free to chip in if they want!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Favortism and shit doesn't go down when becoming a staff. You have to have played for awhile, or have made an amazing contribution to the server. If you see some staff trolling, they're probably fucking around, cuz we all buddies here, like me and @Neotetro @OrangeAngel @Plasma78 @Angyles

Ummm who in the hell is this @Theazian guy?

We are all human, so abuse and harsh words are easy to come by when annoyed at someone or something. The staff though is usually very low key and chill.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Most if not all of the staff are very welcoming and warm people! Kainzo picks them carefully :)

If you ever need a good community to hang with, just ask Staff, they usually know a few good people as well!

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
I love when people ask these questions, but from how you're asking these questions with such great caution and careful strides. You must have read a very horrid post. For that I apologize. (The forums have a lot of ... silliness)

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the staff are just all a big family. Nothing more needed to say, that is, if you know what a family is.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
  • Are they nice? = I think so. The staff always look at situations from a players point of view, and if possible come up with a solution that is good for all parties involved. They are strict when need be, and laid back and giving at other times. For example when kainzo gives us cookies for voteing!
  • do they talk to you, hang around and both keep everything in a line? This is very difficult for them. Anyone who apply's or accepts a staff job, does it with full understanding that they are losing some of their player privlages in the process. There are on average about 2-4 staff members online, who look over 150-200 people. They do talk to you, but tend not to spend in game time hanging with other players.
  • Not so rough around the edges with rules? for example rules with an iron fist. : They enforce the rules based entirely on the offence. If your off about and you break two blocks to get into someones house to raid it, they most likely wont even message you a warning. If you get caught using X-Ray then your out for good.
  • Not corrupted by power? : The staff works in a way where if any one person is abusing their power, the other staff can get rid of them. This happened recently with an admin who was on the last map. Kainzo on the other hand has total control and can do whatever he wants, like a boss.
  • Likes to joke around and goof off even on their *job* : When they are answering peoples questions they are extremely serious and helpful, but when on their small amounts of free time they sometimes joke with players in chat and talk to people as if they were normal players. Its not uncommon to see major strings of admin attacks from them battleing eachother in the sky during their free time.
  • Doesn't give others *favoritism* Just because they are X person: Yes they do give favoritism, its somthing the players have to deal with. Most people have an admin or moderator friend that they call to when they are having troubles. But in the end, final decisions by the staff are made entirely based on the offence. They don't carry favoritism into their bans.