• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Just a few things i think would help

Drizzimar

Coal
[General] suggestions for the rpg server

Iv been playing this server for about a week now and i do love the class systems u have and thing the server is a great server to play on.

There are however a few things that i think should change, the first thing is the shops out side of the main city gates, most of these shop are out of stock, badly built or owned by player that don't seem to play anymore, i think a full remake of all the shops would improve the server alot not only would it give newer player a change to get a plot for there own shop, it is also a bad thing to see wen a new player starts and leave the city and can see the badly built and out of stock shops.

another thing that i would think could help is mob bounty's, its hard for a new player get to money on this server, now if u got say 1 coin or even half a coin for a mob kill it would help the econ of the server prices will go up on items and more people might start buying items at the shop rather then just selling.

Lastly alot of the towns citys and building around the map dont really fit in with the server, when im playing a server that has magic, bows and swords i would think that towns and citys should be like a castle town, but i see alot of buildings that dont fit this at all, there are alot of building that look out of place in the world, it would be really nice to see a theme on the server, more medevil buildings and towns would just put the icing on the cake so to speak.

This is just my thoughts and in no way am i trying to tell anyone that there doing anything wrong or badly, I hope this helps the server and makes the server more enjoyable to play on.

Drizzimar.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
[General] suggestions for the rpg server

Iv been playing this server for about a week now and i do love the class systems u have and thing the server is a great server to play on.

There are however a few things that i think should change, the first thing is the shops out side of the main city gates, most of these shop are out of stock, badly built or owned by player that don't seem to play anymore, i think a full remake of all the shops would improve the server alot not only would it give newer player a change to get a plot for there own shop, it is also a bad thing to see wen a new player starts and leave the city and can see the badly built and out of stock shops.

another thing that i would think could help is mob bounty's, its hard for a new player get to money on this server, now if u got say 1 coin or even half a coin for a mob kill it would help the econ of the server prices will go up on items and more people might start buying items at the shop rather then just selling.

Lastly alot of the towns citys and building around the map dont really fit in with the server, when im playing a server that has magic, bows and swords i would think that towns and citys should be like a castle town, but i see alot of buildings that dont fit this at all, there are alot of building that look out of place in the world, it would be really nice to see a theme on the server, more medevil buildings and towns would just put the icing on the cake so to speak.

This is just my thoughts and in no way am i trying to tell anyone that there doing anything wrong or badly, I hope this helps the server and makes the server more enjoyable to play on.

Drizzimar.

Point 1: Shops are player owned, it is their responsibility not the server's.

Point 2: Mobs drop gold nuggets, each gold nugget is worth 1c.

Point 3: Towns follow themes, but just themes of their own. There are a few castle towns, like Jericho, ThornHollow and surely more. Some towns follow other themes like nordic/viking city etc.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Point 1: This is the one point that I think is valid. Like you said it looks like crap. They are out of stock. And the people no longer play. So when all of the above happens I do believe it becomes the servers responsibility to handle the situation.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Point 1: This is the one point that I think is valid. Like you said it looks like crap. They are out of stock. And the people no longer play. So when all of the above happens I do believe it becomes the servers responsibility to handle the situation.
No, just place claim signs on the abandoned shops, wait a week, and you just got some prime real estate for YOUR new shop....

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
No, just place claim signs on the abandoned shops, wait a week, and you just got some prime real estate for YOUR new shop....

Very true. Honestly forgot about that. I feel like traffic in those areas are too have and people would just break signs.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Very true. Honestly forgot about that. I feel like traffic in those areas are too have and people would just break signs.
It is illegal to do so. Only the owner of the structure is allowed to break claim signs.

Though personally I think the solution to this problem is to get the black market up and running properly. I'm working on creating several reasons for people to travel to that area of the map to help create reasons for people to start building shops down there.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
It is illegal to do so. Only the owner of the structure is allowed to break claim signs.

Though personally I think the solution to this problem is to get the black market up and running properly. I'm working on creating several reasons for people to travel to that area of the map to help create reasons for people to start building shops down there.

Maybe a few trade related quests down there? Encourages new players to go there too.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Maybe a few trade related quests down there? Encourages new players to go there too.
Can't exactly put quests down there with no NPCs in the server atm =p
I mean I have something in the works that will generate a lot of traffic hopefully but I'm not sure how effective it'll be at making people want to set up shops there.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Can't exactly put quests down there with no NPCs in the server atm =p
I mean I have something in the works that will generate a lot of traffic hopefully but I'm not sure how effective it'll be at making people want to set up shops there.

Where there is traffic there will be shops :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I would assume the point is to be a market. The secondary-purpose of being a pvp-area, clearly, is not compatible with the first.
Actually I think it's main problem is that we released it too late so people already had market areas built up at the edges of spawn.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

No matter what you do, nobody will ever use the black market. Sorry.