• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Javascript, where to begin

malmenca

Diamond
Does anyone know where I could learn Java? I have some experience with basic and I want to learn some java, maybe try my hand at making a skill. All in all I just want to learn Java and if anyone knew of a website or had some help knowledge of where to begin or what I need that would be great.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm in class now so I can't point you towards any specific guides yet (though Sun itself has some great tutorials), but I can point you towards a really nice editor. Try searching "Java eclipse" for the Eclipse editor, it can help a lot with early syntax work, and is great for when you get into writing your own classes and working as an implementer rather than just a client.

pfdan

TNT
just so you know java and java script are two separate things. javascript is a scripting language used on the web and jave is an interpreted language used to make computer applications such as minecraft (although I wish he had used another language)

malmenca

Diamond
Oops I'm not sure why I put javascript in the title lol, I guess i was reading up on it and it must have been in my head, I am interested in java.