• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

iTzDeXy's Balance Team Application!

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Minecraft IGN / Age:
iTzDeXy | 17
Position applying for:
Balance Team
How long have you been on Herocraft?:
1 Year (+ around 2 months)
What's your favorite class/path?:
Samurai and Disciple but I also like playing the mobile
classes like dragoon and ninja.
How often and in what timezone can you test?:
GMT+0. When I play, it is from anyway between 1 to 6+ hours depending
on what I need/want to do. (Average 3-4hours most days)
What sets you apart from other members applying for this team?:
Unlike the players who have been on the latest map since it began I have been taking a (long) break from Herocraft, the advantage this gives me is a fresh and un-biased view towards new classes/class setups. Also, I have been around the server for a long period of time and throughout my time on Herocraft I have tried many different playing styles, for example: PvE and being an aggressive player to passive, PvP and being aggressive or passive, using only professions and making money
or bulk items, but also I have played many classes in a vanilla style surrounding such as building or just plain old mining.
Do you have any similar experience?:
For balancing something similar to Heroes classes I have only make small class-like characters for some mini-games I have created. However, I have seen many classes being changed for better and for worse which has let me build up ideas of what each class would need to have or need to lose to make it not only balanced but possibly better suit for its description I would hope.
Do you understand this team is for balancing current skills only?:
Not only do I understand it but I would also like to use experience from being a Balance Team member to create Heroes skills in hopefully the near future.
Can you follow directions from a team lead, no matter what they ask?:
Although it may be seen as irrelevant, I have played not only Minecraft but games such as Battlefield 3 and Counter Strike in a competitive environment were one person leads a team between 4 to 8, this has to what I would describe as giving me a very co-operative and communication skills. Therefore I believe I can not only listen but follow instructions very well.
Additional info you would like to tell us?:
Seeing as I have been away from the server for a good while, I don't expect to be accepted in the near future, however I would at least like to let you know that I will be sticking around and helping the server develop in any way I can.
Also, as to why I am applying for this rank now; Well it is simple, I have finally had enough of seeing people dying in PvP (or PvE for that matter) and complaining about skills, armour or health being unfair and unbalanced and claiming it needs changed. I would like to help balance the classes to the point people are okay with dying because they understand they didn't play the class to it's best potential and learn from it but also still enjoy playing that class.
The classes at the moment are fine and it is not like the current Balance Team is doing a bad job or missing certain areas out, it is because (or at least I believe so) this rank needs as many unbiased opinions as possible to create a fair and fun system to where people can play a certain class without feeling pressure to play another due to a lack of skills or equipment.
Here is a brief server history so you can see my playing styles as a extra to
  • Started as a small group of 5 friends who finally made a town and defended one another,
  • Then to me and 1 other playing together and working on our PvP,
  • Joined towns and picked up good group PvP tricks,
  • Started to play more PvE and find good ways to mine and survive and make bulk items and money,
  • Turned to 3 person town raids which lead me to 1v1 PvP,
  • Joined the Tree Creepers and finalised my PvP skills and got me started at looking more into class strengths and weaknesses.
Due to the way I have developed through the server, I feel as if I could be a good helping hand for the Balance team. So I will stop my rambling on and going more over the top and I already have I will say...
Thank you for taking the time to read my application,
Dexy

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Updated, I have been playing none stop pretty much since I started playing Herocraft again and I have seen most classes in both PvP + PvE and it has given me a good idea of what each class can do.
Also, this was not a bump, it was a clever moving of threads.