• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Item Restoration Policy missing/neglected

Should we update the Rules/Policies of the server to protect CHEST GRIEFING in towns?

• Total voters

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
This is not the problem.

You (and others) are making false-pretenses, and assuming everyone is out to dupe gold. Stop it. These people are out to kill townships, kingdoms, and ruin our fun as a community.
Also, someone who joins the server who just plans to mess up a town hurts the server more than someone duping gold. An investigation would be done to look for alt accounts before they would just roll it back. Also there are much more people who would join a township just to ruin it than there would be people trying to dupe. All these problems will be fixed when we have sub-regions. :)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Also, someone who joins the server who just plans to mess up a town hurts the server more than someone duping gold. An investigation would be done to look for alt accounts before they would just roll it back. Also there are much more people who would join a township just to ruin it than there would be people trying to dupe. All these problems will be fixed when we have sub-regions. :)

I agree completely. Maybe not all of them, but at least the 25 people in charge of towns should be able to prevent it on a much larger scale since most of the community is not a Nomad. (Seriously, go back to singleplayer.)

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
This is not the problem.

We could go as far as not restoring gold specifically if this is an actual problem, and still restore everything else.

Honestly the gold should be in a lwc, I don't feel sorry if someone loses a stack of gold in town griefing incident. We might not be able to protect everything with our limited lwc's but that's one of the first things that should be inside a lwc!

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
You (and others) are making false-pretenses, and assuming everyone is out to dupe gold.
I did not say this or imply this. Gold was only used as an example. I'm just saying - a kingdom that has lax admittance requirements is bound to have some doofus grief/steal their stuff. You should take precautions against this.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Furthermore, the server now accepts ANYONE, you're delusional if you think otherwise. As bad as it is to say, if I'm a town owner, I'm doing my homework on any Premium Accounts. Otherwise, you'll probably have a Fo0l in your town stealing your shit.

Long story short, at the end of the day it's the server and the mayor's fault for welcoming anything that logs in with open arms.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Furthermore, the server now accepts ANYONE, you're delusional if you think otherwise. As bad as it is to say, if I'm a town owner, I'm doing my homework on any Premium Accounts. Otherwise, you'll probably have a Fo0l in your town stealing your shit.

Long story short, at the end of the day it's the server and the mayor's fault for welcoming anything that logs in with open arms.
I think it makes sense for the server to have a more open policy, but towns should take more care if they have materials that they deem "precious" in non-LWC'd chests.

macura

Diamond
This is not the problem.

You (and others) are making false-pretenses, and assuming everyone is out to dupe gold. Stop it. These people are out to kill townships, kingdoms, and ruin our fun as a community.

We could go as far as not restoring gold specifically if this is an actual problem, and still restore everything else. It's not like anything else is used for anything aside from building or PVP. IF people started duping diamonds for bans, A) there wouldn't even be a reasonable amount or it would be caught, and B) even if it happened over a long period of time, items still go down in price as more are on the map, and this would just mean we could see fancier structures and see a better built world in a shorter amount of time. ASSUMING every single case from hence forth would be ONLY to dupe and bypass the rules, and they would NEVER ever be caught becuase we are ALL slippery mother fudge packers capable of that. Yeah, get real. You are so toxic it makes me burn just reading your bogus texts. You are crazy if that's what you believe and you should check yourself and think twice. Be more realistic, and logical. Most of these people would not grief anymore if there wasn't a way to "win" by destroying others precious time, and valuables.

As symbolite said, everything is of worth, including the last stack of 64 cobblestone I just had. :mad:
Chill bruh.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
This is why Umbra is one of the few 'good towns'. We have done a good job in keeping out the idiots and keeping our town numbers on the reasonable side. While Umbra was still fresh we had 2 bad apples who stuck to themselves and never really went on TeamSpeak. As it turns out, both of them did a little bit of stealing. Since ban policies on this server are hilarious, both of them got unbanned within 3 months, stupid town owners accepted them into their town, and then they were coloured surprised when they found out that a guy banned months ago for town theft just got banned again for... You know the story.

When (and you know it's coming) they both get yet another chance, they'll find their way in a town and rob them blind, and another thread like this will pop up.

If you're running your town like a McDonalds, expect a few teenage employees to steal from you.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
That's exactly why my town does a little background check on people before we accept them, similar to the ones proctors do before accepting people to the server. So we can get an idea of what exactly is applying to our town. Unfortunately this can't weed them all out.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How one of my previous towns worked was we would invite people in on a trial basis for around a week and during this time they would need to be active on TS and speak with us frequently. We would supply them with equipment and let them come with us on raids, leveling trips and anything else we happened to be doing but they would not get build rights in town until they were accepted. After the weeks trial our group would vote on whether they felt the guy meshed well with our group and unless everyone voted yes then you didn't get in.

It's a rather extreme way of dealing with recruitment but we never once had an issue and it really only worked because our town was communist in the truest sense of the word no one had their own supply of items and absolutely everything was shared including coin. This only really works with a close knit group of friends but it works pretty damn well when it does.