• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Info on PvP regarding Townships 3.0

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
It seems to me that there are a few things regarding the pvp side of townships that could use a little explanation. You can find all of this info by navigating through /to shop. Constructive feedback/suggestions are appreciated.
  • Town members usually only have only one house they can run to. Sometimes players don't even have a house (perhaps they can't afford one). There are other structures with no-pvp such as: the graveyard, the councilroom, and inns/barracks. These structures are rare and most can only be built in more advanced towns.

• Outside of town you can build landmines and temparrowturrets. Landmines blow up when a non-member comes near them, and tempturrets shoot non-members that are within range. Tempturrets last for 10 minutes whereas landmines last for 1 day.

• Raidporters are structures that anyone can build within 50 blocks of a town. These will no longer announce to the server that they have been created or which town they are targetting. They take 2 minutes to charge up before they are active. By standing on top of the center chest with 10 redstone inside, you can teleport to someplace random in the target town. Using the wand you get when you create the raidporter, you can set a location in the town to port to.

• Arrowturrets are easier to dodge when you are strafing the arrows. Even if you are standing still, a turret will only hit you 66% of the time. These turrets will always do around 25% of your health in damage regardless of armor. Taking the redstone or arrows out of a turret chest will disable it.

• Outposts can be built near a town to force town members to come out and fight. Outposts do not protect against TnT so watch out for TnT cannons. Commandtents are invulnerable to TnT so long as the outpost has power. You can build arrowturrets inside an outpost. You can build ammodumps inside an outpost to create gunpowder and power for the outpost. You can build siegecannons within 50 blocks of a town. These are cheap and will fire more quickly the longer they are kept alive. You can also build a fieldhospital to heal nearby allies. You can build a memorial which is a private graveyard that lasts for 30 minutes. You can build a port that lasts for 10 minutes which allows you to teleport from anywhere to that structure using /to port <id>. You can find the id of a port (or any other region) by clicking on it with coal or typing /to who.

• Inside a town you can build TNTFactories which craft TnT more efficiently using only 4 gunpowder per TnT

• Cheaper houses and the councilroom generally do not protect against chest theft unless there is a block on top of the chest.

• Telekinesis can open wooden doors which most structures are required to have.

• Poison effect does not affect enemies unless they are in combat. Once an enemy is poisoned, they will remain in combat until they leave town. Poison is generally expensive, lasts for 30 minutes, and can not be activated except by a mayor or highly trusted member inside the councilroom.

• LWCs that are not in regions are vulnerable. If the town expands to cover your LWC, or a player builds an outpost over it, then they can cover the LWC with blocks and wait for it to expire in 30 days. Do not attempt to LWC anything in an enemy town. Do not attempt to LWC the center chest of a region. It is bugged and will take your money and cancel your command.
I hope this helps with pvp. I'm trying to constantly improve Townships 3.0 in this area. If you have any ideas as to what I can add, then let me know.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
It seems to me that there are a few things regarding the pvp side of townships that could use a little explanation. You can find all of this info by navigating through /to shop. Constructive feedback/suggestions are appreciated.
  • Town members usually only have only one house they can run to. Sometimes players don't even have a house (perhaps they can't afford one). There are other structures with no-pvp such as: the graveyard, the councilroom, and inns/barracks. These structures are rare and most can only be built in more advanced towns.

• Outside of town you can build landmines and temparrowturrets. Landmines blow up when a non-member comes near them, and tempturrets shoot non-members that are within range. Tempturrets last for 10 minutes whereas landmines last for 1 day.

• Raidporters are structures that anyone can build within 50 blocks of a town. These will no longer announce to the server that they have been created or which town they are targetting. They take 2 minutes to charge up before they are active. By standing on top of the center chest with 10 redstone inside, you can teleport to someplace random in the target town. Using the wand you get when you create the raidporter, you can set a location in the town to port to.

• Arrowturrets are easier to dodge when you are strafing the arrows. Even if you are standing still, a turret will only hit you 66% of the time. These turrets will always do around 25% of your health in damage regardless of armor. Taking the redstone or arrows out of a turret chest will disable it.

• Outposts can be built near a town to force town members to come out and fight. Outposts do not protect against TnT so watch out for TnT cannons. Commandtents are invulnerable to TnT so long as the outpost has power. You can build arrowturrets inside an outpost. You can build ammodumps inside an outpost to create gunpowder and power for the outpost. You can build siegecannons within 50 blocks of a town. These are cheap and will fire more quickly the longer they are kept alive. You can also build a fieldhospital to heal nearby allies. You can build a memorial which is a private graveyard that lasts for 30 minutes. You can build a port that lasts for 10 minutes which allows you to teleport from anywhere to that structure using /to port <id>. You can find the id of a port (or any other region) by clicking on it with coal or typing /to who.

• Inside a town you can build TNTFactories which craft TnT more efficiently using only 4 gunpowder per TnT

• Cheaper houses and the councilroom generally do not protect against chest theft unless there is a block on top of the chest.

• Telekinesis can open wooden doors which most structures are required to have.

• Poison effect does not affect enemies unless they are in combat. Once an enemy is poisoned, they will remain in combat until they leave town. Poison is generally expensive, lasts for 30 minutes, and can not be activated except by a mayor or highly trusted member inside the councilroom.

• LWCs that are not in regions are vulnerable. If the town expands to cover your LWC, or a player builds an outpost over it, then they can cover the LWC with blocks and wait for it to expire in 30 days. Do not attempt to LWC anything in an enemy town. Do not attempt to LWC the center chest of a region. It is bugged and will take your money and cancel your command.
I hope this helps with pvp. I'm trying to constantly improve Townships 3.0 in this area. If you have any ideas as to what I can add, then let me know.
Arrow turrets should not do a percent damage, they should do physical damage and not ignore armor. The current system doesn't allow for any strategy with regards to tanking the turret.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not sure why exactly Kainzo wanted it that way, but I like it because it makes it a more reliable defense. Turrets are disabled too easily anyway.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not sure why exactly Kainzo wanted it that way, but I like it because it makes it a more reliable defense. Turrets are disabled too easily anyway.
Unfortunately they aren't that easy do take note that:
Paladin Can't if suspended in the air.
Berserker can't unless if there is an enemy to lunge to, very rare occasion
Dragoon can with jump.
Dreadknight can't.
Ninja can with backflip, though a little bit less unpredictable than jump.
Ranger can barely with grapple, but grapple takes time in which the turrents can be firing at you, and is unpredictable, so I say no.
Runeblade can with blink.
Bard can't.
Wizard can with blink.
Pyromancer can with chaos orb, but not the easiest thing.
Necromancer can't.
Beguiler can only if there is someone to quantum leap so another rare situation.
Druid can if there is a structure that they can use vines to get up, rare and time consuming by the time you get up you could be dead from turrents.
Cleric can't.
Shaman can't.
Bloodmage can't.
Okay so only 4 classes out of 17 can successfully without a doubt can disable a turrent. Still think it's easy? Why limit raids to 4 classes?

Ultanian

Portal
Dragoon can with jump.
Dreadknight can't.
Ranger can barely with grapple, but grapple takes time in which the turrents can be firing at you, and is unpredictable, so I say no.
Bard can't.
Wizard can with blink.
Necromancer can't.
Beguiler can only if there is someone to quantum leap so another rare situation.
Druid can if there is a structure that they can use vines to get up, rare and time consuming by the time you get up you could be dead from turrents.
Cleric can't.
Shaman can't.
Bloodmage can't.
Okay so only 4 classes out of 17 can successfully without a doubt can disable a turrent. Still think it's easy? Why limit raids to 4 classes?
Raids typically require teamwork, someone on their own shouldn't be able to disable a turret.

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Arrow turrets should not do a percent damage, they should do physical damage and not ignore armor. The current system doesn't allow for any strategy with regards to tanking the turret.
I kind of felt the same way when we first introduced the turrets, so I'll explain why. If we could find an alternative option I would love to hear it, but currently this was the best way to implement it.
1. Classes vary in health and yes it would be interesting for classes to work together to disable a turret we want as many classes as possible to be able to disable the turret. So a tank could easily run up and disable it, while a different class and setup would have a really hard time because it would be based on hp not a percentage.
2. We wanted to ignore armor to give a buff to players starting a brand new town I believe. I would hate to see players that have any armor that is the best in the game right now and be able to demolish a small growing town. We wanted these players to at least have a fighting chance.

Although we do not currently have a system for tanking maybe we should develop one if it becomes something that would be fun. If you have a way to fix this WITH consideration of the 2 main issues I would love to know. Idk if possible or how probable it would be, but maybe the turrets could target the ones with the most damage as the "biggest" threat. Thoughts?

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Dragoon can with jump.
Dreadknight can't.
Bard can't.
Wizard can with blink.
Necromancer can't.
Cleric can't.
Shaman can't.
Bloodmage can't.

Yes we do not expect EVERY class to be able to do so, but there is a large gap to who can and cannot disable turrets. Most turrets are able to be reached by most town members tho. This will let them refill the turrets. Otherwise an owner of the town will have to do so. MOST turrets should hopefully be able to be disabled by jumping on buildings or finding a way to the turret. For the other turrets that seem impossible to reach it may be good to give a few classes a specific and important job while still making it fun. Idk about everyone else, but I find it fun knowing that disabling the turret would be my job and my townmates are there protecting me and making sure that I can do my job by getting the enemies off my back. Tho if you would like more of a change let us know how you would like it changed. Give us what you would do. :)

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Yes we do not expect EVERY class to be able to do so, but there is a large gap to who can and cannot disable turrets. Most turrets are able to be reached by most town members tho. This will let them refill the turrets. Otherwise an owner of the town will have to do so. MOST turrets should hopefully be able to be disabled by jumping on buildings or finding a way to the turret. For the other turrets that seem impossible to reach it may be good to give a few classes a specific and important job while still making it fun. Idk about everyone else, but I find it fun knowing that disabling the turret would be my job and my townmates are there protecting me and making sure that I can do my job by getting the enemies off my back. Tho if you would like more of a change let us know how you would like it changed. Give us what you would do. :)
Maybe make it a requirement for the turrent to work a lift but that might make it too easy, i realize your town has some parkore that can be done to get to it, but do realize other towns might not, they could easily make it so only townies and heros with mobility can access it.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I kind of felt the same way when we first introduced the turrets, so I'll explain why. If we could find an alternative option I would love to hear it, but currently this was the best way to implement it.
1. Classes vary in health and yes it would be interesting for classes to work together to disable a turret we want as many classes as possible to be able to disable the turret. So a tank could easily run up and disable it, while a different class and setup would have a really hard time because it would be based on hp not a percentage.
2. We wanted to ignore armor to give a buff to players starting a brand new town I believe. I would hate to see players that have any armor that is the best in the game right now and be able to demolish a small growing town. We wanted these players to at least have a fighting chance.

Although we do not currently have a system for tanking maybe we should develop one if it becomes something that would be fun. If you have a way to fix this WITH consideration of the 2 main issues I would love to know. Idk if possible or how probable it would be, but maybe the turrets could target the ones with the most damage as the "biggest" threat. Thoughts?
Do realize that only one of the hero tanks can disable, dragoon, paladin dk and cleric have no mobility so their role would be in front otherwise they are useless for turrent disabling.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Raids typically require teamwork, someone on their own shouldn't be able to disable a turret.
I understand that, but 4/17 classes can disable it, if you have 4 members in your party what is the chance one of them will be that class, you can't expect to have a lot of people to raid when not a lot of people are on.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand that, but 4/17 classes can disable it, if you have 4 members in your party what is the chance one of them will be that class, you can't expect to have a lot of people to raid when not a lot of people are on.
At the same time, the higher you place a turret, the harder it is for you to restock it and the less accurate it becomes. Not saying its perfect, but it works both ways.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
At the same time, the higher you place a turret, the harder it is for you to restock it and the less accurate it becomes. Not saying its perfect, but it works both ways.
Wrong I dont know if you realize this, you can build in your town, you can easily make a pathway straight up to your turrent that requires town building or a lift that requires a door, the height makes no difference in restocking. Restocking isn't difficult if you know that you can build. Unless if you have to deal with a ranger or a mobile class.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Lets not turn this into the other locked thread I just wanted to state facts that have been bugging me, 4/17 classes can successfully disable the turrents, majority of tanks are useless for disabling so make the turrents not pierce so they can be useful, and townmembers can make it easier to restock said turrents.

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Wrong I dont know if you realize this, you can build in your town, you can easily make a pathway straight up to your turrent that requires town building or a lift that requires a door, the height makes no difference in restocking. Restocking isn't difficult if you know that you can build. Unless if you have to deal with a ranger or a mobile class.
Not every person in the town can have rights to build in certain areas. Yes you COULD make a pathways with doors and such, but people can just use telekinesis to get in as well. As well as raidporters will have a chance to port you in a place like that because it would not be a region. The higher up you have a turret the less effective it is. I think it can't be higher than 12 blocks I believe. It stops working after you have it up to a certain height. Most buildings go up to at least that height, so jumping onto the turret would not be too awfully bad I believe. It would be funny if people could carry around trampolines though. :p Wait.... Can that be a thing? :D lol

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Not every person in the town can have rights to build in certain areas. Yes you COULD make a pathways with doors and such, but people can just use telekinesis to get in as well. As well as raidporters will have a chance to port you in a place like that because it would not be a region. The higher up you have a turret the less effective it is. I think it can't be higher than 12 blocks I believe. It stops working after you have it up to a certain height. Most buildings go up to at least that height, so jumping onto the turret would not be too awfully bad I believe. It would be funny if people could carry around trampolines though. :p Wait.... Can that be a thing? :D lol
Yes we can use telekinesis on WOODEN doors but what about lwcing an iron door? Super easy to do and makes it so raiders can't, also just because not all members can build what is stopping from a higher up person to build a secure pathway to the turret? i realize turrets cant go too far up, but it is easier to restock than to take the supplies out, for instance, restocking if you have a secure pathway you can litterally break one block and open the chest from inside a house, then replace the chest. You are unsafe for a couple seconds, but disabling it requires time and risk for it, the few seconds it takes to restock no one will be able to react unless if they are up at the turret. Unlike players turrets react immediately.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I just say, munch and crew make a clear list of changes you would like to happen to 3.0 and I am sure it will make this much more civilized, stop having a massive flail retard argument guys! I am talking to everybody, this is not solving anything!

#makeadifference
#timetosleep

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I actually think @munchlaxhero has been pretty concise about his concerns. I agree that removing armor pierce should be considered. Granted I love having it watch my back when I'm in town building, however I know that many of the PVPers go for classes with high burst damage in order to nuke others in a raid. Not all classes will be balanced for raiding, PVP and PVE if so we would all be the same class. Each class is different needs to have differences. Life is not fair, we all know this so let's stop trying to make it so every class can do everything. As a compromise between the towns and attackers pierce damage should be removed IMO.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
First @Multitallented you are REQUIRED to give people access to their LWCs wherever there are last time I checked, and councilroom is in EVERY town not just high tier towns, so people can run to those whenever. If a town is smart they will just let everyone in the town have access everywhere because then they can run into any building, shut the door and be totally safe. In other words dead PVP. Your siege cannons won't lure people out of towns because they are not fast enough, and they shouldn't be very fast but they are almost pointless for the amount of money you pay for them.

Can we get f palms and dislikes back?