• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Increase Party Size

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
There are probably already a bunch of threads suggesting this, but here's a "bump". I know it's possible to increase the party size, so why not? Make the maximum somewhere around 14-16.

What is preventing this from happening?

donaldmax1

Soulsand
I say keep it the way it is as a big town with 16 people online could crush a town with only 4-8 online.

Y

ytiggidmas

I don't think party sizes should be increased, but I do think you shouldn't be able to set pvp on/off for townmates.

macura

Diamond
I would say that an increase of maybe 1-2 might help but anything more would just make it a numbers fight.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I've often caught myself thinking this as well, but a larger party size is not a good idea imo. First off I believe it makes it too easy to shit on another, smaller team this way, but I also think that the strength of "party buffs" is a bit too much at the moment. Because of this, I believe the best solution is to reduce the party size to 5 or 6, and then add in a raid system that can hold up to 20-40 people.

Players in the raid would not get hit with abilities / leftclicks from fellow raid members, but the groups themselves would be completely separate entities. This, by the way, is a standard for all MMOs. Whether it be PvE or PvP, groups are kept small, raids are kept large, and everything is done on a per-group basis.

This means that group buffs/heals only apply to portion of the raid (the group that they are a member of). Sure, you can heal fellow raid members, but you cannot AoE heal them, and if you wish to buff them, you'd have to either target them directly, or join their group to receive the benefits.

This would allow more players to "play" with the team, but would also reduce the benefits of things such as chakra, groupheal, and might/warsong. This would be more fun, and it would also be more balanced.

If we modify parties in any way, I think this is how we should do it.

Kainzo , thoughts?