• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Improving Enchanter Profession

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
Id like to suggest a few changes to spice up the enchanter profession. I feel like this isn't too unreasonable of a request given that most professions have multiple other useful skills besides the one they are allotted from vanilla mc. Alchemists, for example, have cauldron and transmute.
I'd just like to throw out a few suggestions for new skills out there. My coding knowledge is limited to sophomore AP comp sci class, so im pretty much ignoring feasability.

EnchantOther:
Allows enchanting of miscellaneous items, with some new enchants. this could make up for the removal of other enchantments that were in vanilla. Possibly ridiculous examples: a lilypad enchant that allows walking on water over lilypads, a vine enchant that allows climbing walls by vines, or a raw diamond enchant that stores mana

Illusion:
Allows enchanters to place non-existent blocks (useful in traps, e.g. hiding holes in the floor) also allows making real blocks transparent from outside a certain radius (the possibilities for badass invisible buildings would be endless) obviously there would be severe mana/reagent constraints on this

BindSpell:
Allows the creation of items that give one use for a spell to any class (for example, an enchanted torch that gives a one use fireball) any class would be able to use these items

SellEnchanted:
Self-explanatory. in my opinion, this is a no-brainer. farmers, smiths and alchemists can sell their wares, why cant enchanters?

feel free to suggest your own skills for enchanter and hopefully this gives some ideas to someone involved in the development of the heros plugin

RagingDragon5

Portal
I'm pretty sure enchant other is impossible, not sure about illusion (but love the idea), and 100% love the bind spell idea. Enchanters are kinda boring with only 2 skills. The enchants are ok but kinda boring because of the loss of enchantments. I really do hope at least bind spell is implemented if possible, because enchanters are boring right now.

oo00lost00oo

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel you should have a profession based chest shop with all classes upon mastering, as stated Smiths and Alchs and farmers all get them, so why can't miners sell ore and enchanters sell Picks ect,
Make it so you need to be lvl 55 to create a chest shop keep enchanters on there toes,
Block illusions Is an awesome idea, I can see fun to be had now..

But rfgordan Is right, enchanter is a good profession, but its just missing wow factor,

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Enchanters won't have a enchanting chest shop because there's no way to tell chest shop just to sell 'enchanted' items.

oo00lost00oo

Legacy Supporter 6
Enchanters won't have a enchanting chest shop because there's no way to tell chest shop just to sell 'enchanted' items.
Oh ok i didn't realise this, I thought i had seen a chest shop doing this at TD, But I may of been mistaken,

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Great ideas, would be nice to see these put in. I really like illusion, and I can see people buying items with /skill port bound to it. :)

oo00lost00oo

Legacy Supporter 6
After a quick search i see that it can be done, by using Item id number followed by Enchantment ID.
Don't know if this is possible to do with your plug in but im sure Lordseven has a chest shop in TD using this method

I like the first two and the last one, but I don't see a point in giving a non-combat class, fighting prowess.

I can only imagine the angry comments of being killed by a rogue with megabolt..

RagingDragon5

Portal
I like the first two and the last one, but I don't see a point in giving a non-combat class, fighting prowess.

I can only imagine the angry comments of being killed by a rogue with megabolt..

Of course there would be a cooldown, and a very high one on that. i agree with the megabolt rouge thing, but if it has a high cooldown it shouuldn't matter.

This what I'm thinking. have it where you enchant a book, and you get a random skill from that book. The book would obviously say the name of the spell. There would be materials needed to cast that spell. Redstone should be an automatic material needed to cast that certain spell, with some other ingrediants. To activate the book, or spell book, you would need to right click with the book in hand. The higher level the enchanter the better the spell.

EX: Fireball - 5 redstone, 1 firecharge, Fireball spell book
Pray - 5 redstone, 10 glowstone dust, Pray spell book
Guardian Angel - 5 redtone, 5 Obsidian, Guardian Angel spell book
Smoke - 5 edstone, 5 gunpowder, Smoke spell book

oo00lost00oo

Legacy Supporter 6
Of course there would be a cooldown, and a very high one on that. i agree with the megabolt rouge thing, but if it has a high cooldown it shouuldn't matter.

This what I'm thinking. have it where you enchant a book, and you get a random skill from that book. The book would obviously say the name of the spell. There would be materials needed to cast that spell. Redstone should be an automatic material needed to cast that certain spell, with some other ingrediants. To activate the book, or spell book, you would need to right click with the book in hand. The higher level the enchanter the better the spell.

EX: Fireball - 5 redstone, 1 firecharge, Fireball spell book
Pray - 5 redstone, 10 glowstone dust, Pray spell book
Guardian Angel - 5 redtone, 5 Obsidian, Guardian Angel spell book
Smoke - 5 edstone, 5 gunpowder, Smoke spell book

I like the idea, but maybe that would be good as new potions from Alchs?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
You can make chestshops just for enchanted items.
While holding an item, type /iteminfo, and it will give you the code necessary to make a shop of that type.
Here I have three enchanted diamond picks:
9ooLI.png

278 is the item id, Diamond Pickaxe, the numbers shown in green is the damage value, and the light blue is the enchantment.

From this you can see that the first axe is a Diamond Pickaxe with about 2/3 damage with the enchantment Unbreaking III and Efficiency III.

The second is a Diamond Pickaxe, no damage, with the enchantment Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV.

Lastly we have a Diamond Pickaxe, nearly broken, with the enchantment Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV.

It would also be safe to assume you can make a chestshop for an item with damage to it by using these codes.

For a Diamond Pickaxe with U III, E IV it would read:
Jonsoon
B XXX
278-af8s

I have a few of these shops in the TD, and I know @Vongard has been using them too.

Admira1Ackbar

Legacy Supporter 6
I read Kainzo's post as saying that you can't limit someone to only being able to sell enchanted items. As in, if they can sell an enchanted pick, then they could also sell an unenchanted pick. While it is possible to make a chestshop for enchanted picks, you wouldn't be able to limit a hero to just enchanted item chestshops, from how I read it.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
Anyway are there plans to add any new skills?
If it's at all possible, the chestshops for enchanters should be added. It seems fairly straightforward to me from a coding standpoint. I'll say again that I'm not the most savvy programmer but it seems that it should be possible to do specific enchants