• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Improved Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey Guys. I'm trying to find the Improved Chat mod that is legal in HeroCraft, but there are so many different Mods that go by the title Improved Chat.

Could someone please post a link to the Improved Chat that is allowed on HeroCraft?

agentjwall

Godly
The legal version of Improved chat Hasn't been updated to the current version of minecraft yet. If it's the chat features you're after, Minecraft 1.2.4 has a very similar IC system. If you wanted it for key-binds then the only legal option at the time is Spoutcraft.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
The legal version of Improved chat Hasn't been updated to the current version of minecraft yet. If it's the chat features you're after, Minecraft 1.2.4 has a very similar IC system. If you wanted it for key-binds then the only legal option at the time is Spoutcraft.

Ok thanks Heaps agentjwall!

I tried spout but I didn't like it at all. I'll keep my eye out on that thread for the update!

agentjwall

Godly
Unfortunately rumors are circulating that the developer of Improved Chat may not be updating since many of it's features have been implemented into vanilla Minecraft. Only time will tell for sure though...

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Unfortunately rumors are circulating that the developer of Improved Chat may not be updating since many of it's features have been implemented into vanilla Minecraft. Only time will tell for sure though...

Oh that really is unfortunate. I just want my Key-Binds and I tried spout but I didn't like it's mini-map no way points, and it seemed very complicated.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Hey, can I have permission to use this?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/467504-124-macro-keybind-mod-v086-updated-for-124/
It has the keybinds, which is basically all i'm after. Spout has too many errors for me, such as randomly walking backwards, bind failures, limited graphical customability, and a few small bugs and glitches that annoy me, point is, i'm not using it till these are fixed. Would the mod I posted be illegal to use seeing as it's not on the approved mods list or am I good? :/

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/467504-124-macro-keybind-mod-v086-updated-for-124/
It has the keybinds, which is basically all i'm after. Spout has too many errors for me, such as randomly walking backwards, bind failures, limited graphical customability, and a few small bugs and glitches that annoy me, point is, i'm not using it till these are fixed. Would the mod I posted be illegal to use seeing as it's not on the approved mods list or am I good? :/
Yeah I used spout for a day, and the 128 texture pack lagged me twice as much, there are glitches with items looking like the full square (ex: white box around diamond sword), improved chat errors, randomly crashing (white screen, making me have to force quit). After that crash I logged in with spout again and my keyboard and mouse became disabled. I had to force my computer to shut down in order to get my keyboard to work again. Also, PvP on spout is a ton harder since lag is increased a decent amount.

I rage quit pretty hard, don't think I'm gonna use spout for awhile...

I think it's fair to have the macro mod approved for a short period until either a new version of imp chat is released, another developer continues making improved chat, or spout is made easier to use for some of us with the "average" computer.

Maybe it's not that bad, and I'm exaggerating, but that day it was absolutely terrible. Also, the vanilla scrolling doesn't scroll very high up, so I'm really having imp chat withdrawals since during mob arena i can't even see what round it is half the time.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7

In the mod pack thread Neo said it was okay to use that mod.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Yeah I used spout for a day, and the 128 texture pack lagged me twice as much, there are glitches with items looking like the full square (ex: white box around diamond sword), improved chat errors, randomly crashing (white screen, making me have to force quit). After that crash I logged in with spout again and my keyboard and mouse became disabled. I had to force my computer to shut down in order to get my keyboard to work again. Also, PvP on spout is a ton harder since lag is increased a decent amount.

I rage quit pretty hard, don't think I'm gonna use spout for awhile...

I think it's fair to have the macro mod approved for a short period until either a new version of imp chat is released, another developer continues making improved chat, or spout is made easier to use for some of us with the "average" computer.

Maybe it's not that bad, and I'm exaggerating, but that day it was absolutely terrible. Also, the vanilla scrolling doesn't scroll very high up, so I'm really having imp chat withdrawals since during mob arena i can't even see what round it is half the time.
To sum it all up:
Spout is shit. The idea rocks, but it DEFINETELY needs some configuring in order to make it viable for usage. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.