• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Implement a Critical Hit System

RagingDragon5

Portal
I think implementing a critical hit system for all classes would be a good idea. It should be for melee hits arrow shots and skills. If this were added it would give the ability to add more skills to classes such as increasing critical hit chance for players or reducing circital hit chance. Increasing/Decreasing ciritcal hit damages could also be implemented into skills.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think implementing a critical hit system for all classes would be a good idea. It should be for melee hits arrow shots and skills. If this were added it would give the ability to add more skills to classes such as increasing critical hit chance for players or reducing circital hit chance. Increasing/Decreasing ciritcal hit damages could also be implemented into skills.
More RNG has been historically resisted by both the Community and Kainzo....

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I do see that side and why, however I still believe this would be a good idea.
Except that caster and healers lose out on this. Sure they can GET crits with melee or skills. But most Mages don't use melee and none can use Bows. That leaves skills their only option for crits, where as warriors and rogues can get them more often. Rogues would most likely get them the most, as they use Melee, Bows, and Skills.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Except that caster and healers lose out on this. Sure they can GET crits with melee or skills. But most Mages don't use melee and none can use Bows. That leaves skills their only option for crits, where as warriors and rogues can get them more often. Rogues would most likely get them the most, as they use Melee, Bows, and Skills.

I honestly don't think casters/healers would be in a disadvantage.

Edit: I'm not really sure how warriors/rogues would have a higher advantage.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I honestly don't think casters/healers would be in a disadvantage.

Edit: I'm not really sure how warriors/rogues would have a higher advantage.
Because Warriors and Rogues actually USE melee as a source of damage. You arent going to see a necro try to pummel someone to death (except for me of course), they rely on skills.

Also, like johnbaur said, random is never good.
Look at lottery last map, it was always complained about.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
How would this be decided? If it was based on agility for example, classes that don't use it would lose out. I like the idea however.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Because Warriors and Rogues actually USE melee as a source of damage. You arent going to see a necro try to pummel someone to death (except for me of course), they rely on skills.

Also, like johnbaur said, random is never good.
Look at lottery last map, it was always complained about.
I actually would support the lotto being put in again. It really liked me :D

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
The balance between luck and skill in gaming has always seen a lot of debate. Older, more experienced players have more skill already and therefore usually dislike any new implementation of luck in their game. However, it's been shown that games with some luck are more attractive and entertaining for players. For example, when they added crits to Team Fortress 2 secretly during development, players suddenly felt as if the game had become much more entertaining. They kept adding more luck but eventually decided to cut back to support what had become an older more, experienced player group.

I would definitely be in support of at least trying a luck based mechanic like crits, just to see how pvp could be.

Also i found this talk to be very interesting if you want to watch.

Ultanian

Portal
Why not make the critical bit chance base off of an attribute? Like charisma? Also, you could have critical hits using healing too, just heal more than normal.

Xhazed

Portal
Well then they should get a skill which makes it so that they black the crits

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Incorrect. I prefer RNG, it makes situations different - but a heavy hand with it is bad.
I may have mistaken your old head coder/balance team Delf's opinion for yours.
There is very little RNG in HeroCraft, is it something we should be adding?

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Casters would have a higher chance for crits, and healers would have the same chance as casters, but on heals only.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
With the eventual addition of custom items, more of it will come in
Meaning weapons and stuff might have crit chance/crit damage boosts or something like that rather than everyone just normally having crit chance naturally?