• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Impale Problem for Dragoons

Gluzz

Glowing Redstone
I am a level 60 dragoon. I have tested Impale multiple times on multiple people without armor, and Impale is not doing the damage that it should be according to the wiki. It should to 134 damage, but it does around 50 each time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I am a level 60 dragoon. I have tested Impale multiple times on multiple people without armor, and Impale is not doing the damage that it should be according to the wiki. It should to 134 damage, but it does around 50 each time.
What weapon are you using? who are you using it against? How have you come up to the number of "50 dmg" ?
Any other dragoons wanna chime in?

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
At the beginning of the map impale was doing equal damage to whatever spade I was using. I didn't really look at the wiki and just assumed it was intended.

Gluzz

Glowing Redstone
I have a diamond spade. I've tested on multiple people in my town and they tell me exactly how much health they lose. 50 is just an estimate. But orangedude seems correct because I tested again and it did 76 damage. It says on the wiki it should do 134 damage no matter what kind of spade it is though.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
K - apparently this skill is something that will be comparable to the damage output of the weapon in_hand. So the stronger the weapon, the more damage it will do.

It's by design.

Gluzz

Glowing Redstone
So there's no way to make it do 134 damage like it says.....?

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes I agree dragoons don't have any actually skills of ther down to do actually damage like other warrior class's we might be able to escape but so can samurai and they have plenty of nice damage skills it would be great if it actually did a certain amount of damage + 75% weapon damage p

Yes impale doesnt do the intended dmg and it also doesnt throw ppl up in the air as it says it should when u do
/skill impale ?

This is something else that needs fixing.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I'll list the problems I see right now with impale its range is way to short for it to actually be very useful, it sometimes doesn't even apply damage to the target, the slow doesn't work sometimes, it doesn't throw people even the slightest bit in the air, and the damage is way to low that if you we're to use a diamond spade a hit someone = around 63 damage and then if you we're to use impale it would equal the same amount of 63 damage which I think is abouslutely stupid.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Impales range is fine and he already knows about how skill damage doesn't work from a distance. Goons aren't a long range class and it already has like a six block range.Also the point of impale is to slow the target not deal a crap load of damage.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
The slow is 3 seconds and on hit it breaks compared to other classes slows its probably the weakest one, it should have a longer range on it considering its only 3 seconds.

Gluzz

Glowing Redstone
Impales range is fine and he already knows about how skill damage doesn't work from a distance. Goons aren't a long range class and it already has like a six block range.Also the point of impale is to slow the target not deal a crap load of damage.
You really don't understand the point, it is supposed to do 134 damage and it only does as much as 1 hit from a spade. 134 damage is nothing compared to other classes skills....

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Impale 35 - 8 10 sec Your spade impales your target (within 5 blocks) and tosses them into the air, slowing them for 3 seconds and dealing 134 damage. Applies to all spade types.

FIX PWEASE we need the damage and the throw up in the air.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Impale hasn't thrown anyone up in the air for almost a year now. It was removed for doing ridiculous fall damage I think.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This will be on the docket - but not top priority.

Iceblade / impale should be doing more damage than 'weapon' - however, this was a design oversight when setting the dmg in the configs - because the values werent taken.