• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ice Volley: A Buff Needed?

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
As I play Ranger, I noticed that Ice Volley does.... an underwhelming amount of damage. With 38 Agility the arrow itself will do 8 MAX damage to an unarmored target. Now why would ice-infused arrows do so little damage? Yes, it is mainly used for slows, but you're using up 5 arrows to use the skill and most of them bounce off.

My suggestion? Give the Ice Volley arrows a slight buff in damage ((Maybe, oh do 75 physical damage buff? That doesn't sound too bad or overpowered seeing as how many Rangers do 100-150 damage with a regular shot.))

Or, seeing as how they are ice-infused arrows, add magic damage? The only problem with magic damage is that Ranger will check some classes that have little to no Constitution in their builds.

Just a suggestion, leave some feedback :)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I have never enjoyed the limited damage of Ice Volley, but at the same time Ranger is still pretty powerful so meh. Any changes from this point could easily cripple or give a huge boost to Ranger so I don't see this being a good change.
I use it to slow my Opponent so I can get off an easy two arrows and aimed shot which does a total of about 500 damage if I land it all.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Ranger already does a shitton of damage, even through armor.

It does not need a damage buff in my opinion.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
You don't even need to use skills as a ranger and still kill others because of how much dmg your bow does. And sure you sacrifice dmg for ice volley but it lets you land some shots very easily.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Wow @greenliketea that hate!?

Do you have an opinion of are you just spreading your wordless, faceless thoughts? If you think something I said was wrong then nothing is accomplished by just clicking a button.

Did you dislike what I said about Ranger being power enough already? Did you dislike that I said Ice Volley is already useful? Do you just dislike me so you could care less for what I actually said?

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I am new, so I don't know the mechanics of certain skills or how people play a certain class, but thanks :)

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
Wow @greenliketea that hate!?

Do you have an opinion of are you just spreading your wordless, faceless thoughts? If you think something I said was wrong then nothing is accomplished by just clicking a button.

Did you dislike what I said about Ranger being power enough already? Did you dislike that I said Ice Volley is already useful? Do you just dislike me so you could care less for what I actually said?

LOL I didn't mean it aggressively. I just think giving ice volley some damage would be okay. I don't think it would make ranger too strong.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
@Ice_Burner Land IceVolley, then use the time that they are slowed to land two EASY basic shots. That is how you do damage with IceVolley.

IceVolley is also a great skill to land just before you use Grapple to kite. Or just after you use ExplosiveShot to gain some distance. Watch out though: These combos will often prevent you from sprinting for a second or two if you use them in quick succession. Ranger is all about practice.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The reason IceVolley does no damage is because of the extremely wonky math behind the arrow spread.

Unfortunately, since we use Spigot and not Bukkit, it's kind of a pain in the ass to control arrow damage effectively. The damage is determined entirely by the "velocity" of the arrow. Unfortunately that's also how I control the arrow spread.

IceVolley's predecessor, MultiShot, had real damage. And it had a very peculiar bug that would occur in certain situations.

If you were looking straight up or down at a target and fired a MultiShot, every single one of those arrows did about 900000 damage. So basically, you could one shot anyone in a hole, or on a ladder. It was...kind of a problem. So I reworked the skill and took out the damage.

Even if the skill ever actually needs a buff, adding damage is not going to be the way to go with it.