• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion I probably sound like a broken record but...

Gear and Weapon drop on death?

• Total voters

TheMechaHeavy

Glowing Redstone
Brought up the topic of gear and weapons drop in chat and most people didn't react kindly so I decided to take it to the forums again. There is literally no reward for killing people now, maybe a few carrots and a pickaxe if you're lucky but other than that you don't get anything. This causes so many problems starting with the fact that taking specialty items with rare enchants has no risk at all, last time I checked Herocraft was a "Hardcore" server. You should have to risk what you take into combat. The only way to obtain anything is to grind mobs for souls and go and buy the items. PvP is so unrewarding now and it honestly makes me want to quit. If someone takes a good weapon that can completely change the outcome into a fight they should have to risk losing it. Another problem i noticed when I brought my friends onto the server was that they kept getting killed over and over while trying to level. This is the most disgusting PvP in my opinion but its the only PvP that makes any money because you get souls in the drops. While fighting a ninja a few days ago I became so frustrated. I killed him 4 times before I literally could not protect his death chest anymore and died. The fact that he can run from the graveyard fully geared is ridiculous. I know Conquest just came out and you want party's to rush the conquest points but you're focusing way too much on way section of the players. You're not considering the players that don't have the numbers to compete against the 8 man party capping the conquest points. The variety of PvP is so little compared to what it once was. It's honestly not that fun anymore.

I'd love to get feedback on what anyone else thinks, thanks!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Or they could go back to you spawning at a gy with half hp, I really don't know why that was changed to begin with

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Or they could go back to you spawning at a gy with half hp, I really don't know why that was changed to begin with
That really doesn't affect anything maybe as a solo player but not when you have friends with you which most people always do these days

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
have to admit, pvp has little risk nowadays.
I don't know why it was changed so that you keep your gear it's a good way to get rid of iron and in general puts more pressure on you to get the fck out of wherever you are and put the stuff back in you're chests

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The held item and worn armor stay on you after death - all items take 10% durability and can be destroyed - this is intended. Only people this suggestion "hurts" are the solo players that don't have a team of people to re-quip them.

Large groups don't need anymore help to dominate smaller teams/players.

Last edited:

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
With custom items that are upto 1k, it'd be stupid to change this now.

I also like that people aren't as afraid of losing items when they PVP, which leads to more PVP overall.
The loot you get is underwhelming yes, but people in clans do drop medals which can be sold for around 20s ea.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
I don''t like this idea. When I've died in PvP, I've always been able to start anew because of the weapon I have on me and the armor. IF I were to die and lose that too, I would have to go back to punching blocks of wood with my fist, while waiting for someone to slay me again while my back's turned.

I feel you should keep your weapons and gear.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
With rare/expensive weapons and armour being added to the game it makes sense to keep them on death. I think i speak for almost everyone when i say i would not run into a team fight knowing there is a possibility of losing my rare weapon or armour which cost me 700s+

Keeping weapons and gear on death means people are willing to bring out there good equipment instead of them storing it in a LWC never to see the light of day.

I was unsure of the change at first but not i am all for it ^^

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
With rare/expensive weapons and armour being added to the game it makes sense to keep them on death. I think i speak for almost everyone when i say i would not run into a team fight knowing there is a possibility of losing my rare weapon or armour which cost me 700s+

Keeping weapons and gear on death means people are willing to bring out there good equipment instead of them storing it in a LWC never to see the light of day.

I was unsure of the change at first but not i am all for it ^^
Yup - which is why we're wanting to this change to begin with.

Now the issue where you drop NOTHING and items get deleted is being actively looked into. That's not intended.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I like being able to keep the rare weapon I spent a bunch on. But armor on the other hand...I think should drop on death. Right now there are only rare weapons, not rare armor. Considering armor barely gets damaged unless you die you can pretty much keep an armor set for a very long time.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I like being able to keep the rare weapon I spent a bunch on. But armor on the other hand...I think should drop on death. Right now there are only rare weapons, not rare armor. Considering armor barely gets damaged unless you die you can pretty much keep an armor set for a very long time.
Rare armour has/is being introduced, go talk to Targ the Executioner in Central :)

TheMechaHeavy

Glowing Redstone
Nobody is taking into account anything. Rare items won't stay 1000s and people do have deathchests which give them a chance to get their items back. It's not supposed to be this easy to PvP on a HARDCORE server you have no chance to lose the items that should have a risk when you use them. If you're not willing to take that risk then those items aren't for you. If you're looking to make specialty items like fire aspect blaze rods then they shouldn't be standard, they should be specialty, rare, and hard to get and use. Now everyone with enough souls to buy one runs around and uses them like it's not even worth anything because they cannot lose it. I feel like if you can prove yourself good enough to kill someone with the item then you should get it. And to be honest Kainzo, 10% isnt anything at all especially if the gear is fully repaired. Fully repaired armor will allow them to rush you about 8 times, unless you're a discple and you have a blaze rod that you literally cannot lose.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Rare armour has/is being introduced, go talk to Targ the Executioner in Central :)
The Prot 1 PvP may be protection armor but right now I doubt people will buy it. It provides a very small advantage and people probably will not waste the 32 medals needed for a single piece.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Item dropping promotes pvp like EVE / darkfall - long of periods of harvesting / farming etc for short bursts of pvp followed by step 1 again. The time of actual fighting each other to "preparing" to fight is usually hugely pushed to the preparing side. Its exciting in some ways, but at the same time not a lot of "fair" or even similarly matched pvp happens because everyone is paranoid about losing stuff and wants to fight in situations they feel confident they will win. Herocraft wasnt quite as bad because the stuff you could get generally didnt take as long to obtain, but this was back before more rare weapons / armor were introduced into the game.

Weapon / armor not dropping promotes more constant fighting, but also can promote zerg grave yard rushing and such. Personally i prefer the current system because i just enjoy the more frequent fighting, but i do wish there was at least a "death sickness" or similar debuff that made you much weaker for 5 minutes or so to minimize zerging.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I personally liked this change when it was introduced. The fact is it does promote pvp a little.

Old way:
-Get killed, lose everything
-Recall, end of fight

Haven (not sure about the new network as I haven't played it yet)
-Get killed
-Go back and/or regroup with party
-Keep fightning until your gear breaks, you win, or you get your other items back

Thankfully the GTP thing was fixed last map. Cant really complain about zerg-rushes if they're handing you free kills.

Just remember the old AD montra: If you barely survive a raid and are afraid of them coming back it's time to leave or get more people.

That being said I will say it slightly devalues armor in the economy because it makes them last longer.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I personally liked this change when it was introduced. The fact is it does promote pvp a little.

Old way:
-Recall, end of fight
Most of the larger PvP groups would hate to leave it at as a loss so they would take the time to regear. Overall having to recall to regear was not a big deal, if you lost you actually lose something of value (the armor). Armor is not extremely valuable but it is always nice to get a good supply of armor from killing people.

It also will help negate the constant graveyard rushes that you run into. If you fight at a conquest point expect them to comeback immediately. If you fight at a graveyard they come back fully geared (other than reagents). Overall I just don't think it is 'healthy' for HeroCraft PvP

Another note: I miss people running around without armor, I really do. Why was Prot armor so OP in Haven? Because you never lost it. It would get used every once in a while in Bastion but when you killed the person that was wearing it you got some good loot (same went for the people who wore gold armor).

TheMechaHeavy

Glowing Redstone

Old way:
-Recall, end of fight

Haven (not sure about the new network as I haven't played it yet)
-Get killed
-Go back and/or regroup with party
-Keep fightning until your gear breaks, you win, or you get your other items back

Thankfully the GTP thing was fixed last map. Cant really complain about zerg-rushes if they're handing you free kills.

Just remember the old AD montra: If you barely survive a raid and are afraid of them coming back it's time to leave or get more people.

That being said I will say it slightly devalues armor in the economy because it makes them last longer.
I'd say its more like the old way was die go get loot from party members after the fight takes a break, regear with a bit rugged armor then fight again.

New way: die, rush death chest...die rush death chest... die rush death chest.... enemy dies get deathchest