• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug I keep losing large amounts of money for no reason?

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
I only pay taxes on my personal residence and the 14c town tax. Last week I left town for a day and came back to around 500c missing. @TimForReal found the transaction to be a "non-player" transaction which i assume would mean some form of tax or buying something such as a LWC, which I haven't done and only use the 2 free LWC as a T4 donor.

TODAY, I logged in after being on vacation for a couple of days (The Panic! and Weezer concert was lit, yo) and I find 2000c missing!! if res tax is still 50c, that means I should have only been missing ~200c. Can someone please help me get to the bottom of this?

Relevant Info: I do NOT have any chest shops, nor am I a high enough level in any class that can do so. I own a single personal residence. My town does NOT have a % tax. I have a friend added to my residence via /padd. I have only 2 LWC that were free via donor status.

EDIT: http://puu.sh/pXiD3/3494a22129.png this is the transaction that TimForReal found last week, if this helps.

Last edited:

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I know @Raolyth also had this problem. I don't know what's causing it maybe your town is stealing from you when you're not online lol. Doubt that though

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
Brah this used to happen to me aswell, its some fufu lame shit going on, i started placing signs when ever i logged out with how much i had on me at the time and it magically stopped..... its happened to me twice aswell on HC...

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
Brah this used to happen to me aswell, its some fufu lame shit going on, i started placing signs when ever i logged out with how much i had on me at the time and it magically stopped..... its happened to me twice aswell on HC...

when you say it magically stopped after placing signs, are you implying there might be some foul play going on? According to the transaction log it wasn't a player-to-player transfer. Idk if "cause:vault" applies to chest shops or not. Any admins want to shed on some light on that last part?

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
when you say it magically stopped after placing signs, are you implying there might be some foul play going on? According to the transaction log it wasn't a player-to-player transfer. Idk if "cause:vault" applies to chest shops or not. Any admins want to shed on some light on that last part?
im not sure dude, but its happened twice to me and i placed signs down when i logged out with my /money and i stopped losing it.

JacobBurkey

Portal
im not sure dude, but its happened twice to me and i placed signs down when i logged out with my /money and i stopped losing it.
I'm pretty sure placing down signs would've been completely irrelevant to stopping the problem

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I only pay taxes on my personal residence and the 14c town tax. Last week I left town for a day and came back to around 500c missing. @TimForReal found the transaction to be a "non-player" transaction which i assume would mean some form of tax or buying something such as a LWC, which I haven't done and only use the 2 free LWC as a T4 donor.

TODAY, I logged in after being on vacation for a couple of days (The Panic! and Weezer concert was lit, yo) and I find 2000c missing!! if res tax is still 50c, that means I should have only been missing ~200c. Can someone please help me get to the bottom of this?

Relevant Info: I do NOT have any chest shops, nor am I a high enough level in any class that can do so. I own a single personal residence. My town does NOT have a % tax. I have a friend added to my residence via /padd. I have only 2 LWC that were free via donor status.

EDIT: http://puu.sh/pXiD3/3494a22129.png this is the transaction that TimForReal found last week, if this helps.

To my knowledge I have no way of knowing where that money is specifically going.

Vault is the API handling all currency that is not going player to player so can literally be anything.

I believe @Raolyth placed a bad sign shop.

Raolyth

Legacy Supporter 8
To my knowledge I have no way of knowing where that money is specifically going.

Vault is the API handling all currency that is not going player to player so can literally be anything.

I believe @Raolyth placed a bad sign shop.

I think I've lost nearly 5-6k this week, nearly 3k in two different instances.I don't think I was online when they occurred, but I'm not sure. I did try and create a chest shop but it wouldn't let me because my profession didn't have the perms to sell the item. Right now, the only fees I should have are my private residence. I'm not part of a town and I have a shop that I rented for 1 week in the TD. I have 6-7 LWCs, most of which were free. So yeah, I don't know what is causing me to lose nearly 6k in coins but its definitely not "user error." It just goes missing at random times for whatever reason.

@Kainzo @TimForReal @WitchOnaRampage @Kenneth_Chow

Last edited:

Raolyth

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, I have been mysteriously charged a 3rd time for about another 3k. At this rate I'll be broke and my private residence will default in a day or two. This is ridiculous, I have lost nearly 9k since the start of this, and its happening automatically. I'm not even on when these things are charged.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
Last week I also noticed I went from 3k to about 400c in the span of half an hour. It was quite confusing to me cause I spent most of that time AFK, so I wasn't sure what caused it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Things that can take your money.
LWC
Admin Shop
Personal Residence Creation + Tax
Township Creation + Tax
Township Currency Deposits
ChestShop MIsconfiguring
Chestshop Purchases

Anything that uses the "Vault" API tag in our logs means another plugin called for the transaction, this can be user involved or not.

We've been using this setup for quite sometime, the only new to the mix is Townships, which doesn't call player accounts unless you deposit or server upkeep/tax comes in

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Please confirm/deny having of the folllwing: @colley619 @FaZeAlpine @Raolyth
  • Own a residence
  • Member of a town
  • Renting a shop in spawn
  • Chestshops

Raolyth

Legacy Supporter 8
I do think this is relevant, if my memory serves me correctly I THINK it happened to me first before I rented the shop, but I could be wrong.