• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I broke my Minecraft

Somewhere between going from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3 and trying to re-install Single Player Commands and having the WorldEdit.jar in the bin, something broke. When I log into Minecraft, it goes to the "Updating Minecraft" page, and even says "Done Loading", but the green bar is stuck at about 95% complete. I don't need help with the mods, just getting good ole' vanilla Minecraft back up and running.

1) Which files do I need to delete? (I've deleted WorldEdit.jar and I have never had any other mods other than SPC

2) Do I just run Minecraft.exe and it should repair itself?

Demonxman

Obsidian
delete your .bin and that will fix any problem until you have to put the mod back in....

I like using mcpatcher because I'm too lazy to make backups when I can just patch it out if it fucks up.

Demonxman

Obsidian
np. if you run into the problem again and can't fix it. delete the .bin and run minecraft :)
it's the solution to 99% of minecraft problems ;)

LeolucaG

Stone
As the others said, delete the bin or "force update" this happened to me once too, it was mods crossing over with each other. Also may I say try and delete the meta-inf folder? It's probably not that, but if you haven't try it.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
One thing that may have broken it for you: single player commands also makes and uses some files in the mods folder (in the .minecraft directory). you may want to try clearing those out the next time you try to install single player commands since it wouldn't have been wiped out in the deletion of the bin folder