• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

*hypothetical* 1.8 ranger

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm thinking rangers will become more like snipers and maybe for the gillie suit they can move at maybe 3/4 speed of a fully charged bow being the equivelent to a skull drag. If you don't know what that is google it.

dmil23

Obsidian
I think rangers are OP right meow because they can just spam arrows. In 1.8 they will still be good because they can manage to get a few shots on you and when they have to fight melee they still do 8 damage.

agentjwall

Godly
I love the gillie suit idea! It should last for a few minutes (so the archer can more easily ambush the target) and should only break if the player gets hit or moves. You could still tell where the archer is based on where his arrows are coming form so it wouldn't be incredibly op.

OOH! maybe the gillie suit would give bonus damage to bow & arrow while making the player more susceptible to damage as well. That would incentivize Rangers to focus on better, more strategic, spots to shoot from since they're risking significant health loss. Plus it would add a little more "flavor" to the skill so it wouldn't just be a smokescreen-look-a-like...

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
actually, i have the idea of that after the bow has been fully charged for 4 secs, they go invisible, though that might be OP

Kikusaku

Glowing Redstone
for the ghillie suit, i have an idea you remain invisible AS LONG as you remain in tall grass or wheat fields, you are damaged, you use some type of item within a radius of say 10, 5 minute cd about, you could possibly get a few shots off before being discovered, since it is rather an item skill, not smoke which disipates, and your movement speed should be severely reduced