• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Hunger/Stam - feedback & bug report thread

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please post issues you have or have seen with the new stam / hunger system in Herocraft.

It is very important to note that it is INTENDED to:
  • Not regain HP unless eating food (slow regen)
  • Not be able to regain HP by regen in combat
  • Food regen is cancelled going into combat or sprinting
Known bugs:
  • Food animation isnt triggered unless you eat below 100% stam

c12095

Holy Shit!
I am sometimes prevented from eating food to regenerate my health when out of combat. Logging out and back in however does fix this.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I play a bard. All of my skills require 3-4 stamina as well as their initial mana costs prior to the update. I don't know if this is intended, but it truly is awful. Also, for a bard level 60 skill, you should make it an aoe increased stamina regen, just an idea. :p

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
As a 55 Dragoon jump is 4 stamina, which I have thought to be equal to 40% of mana? This is really preventing me from using jump and any other skills, which all have VERY high stamina costs Imo (Impale - Dragoon's best skill is 4 stamina) . Is this how it was planned? I can only use 1 other skill to PvP, after I use Jump. Even then, I can't even sprint. So 2 skills and I'm out of stamina and have to walk till full again.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As a 55 Dragoon jump is 4 stamina, which I have thought to be equal to 40% of mana? This is really preventing me from using jump and any other skills, which all have VERY high stamina costs Imo (Impale - Dragoon's best skill is 4 stamina) . Is this how it was planned? I can only use 1 other skill to PvP, after I use Jump. Even then, I can't even sprint. So 2 skills and I'm out of stamina and have to walk till full again.
Exactly. There's a pretty active regen on stam, you can't spam all skills at once.

The melee classes need some play testing to get the numbers right. @bards

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
Exactly. There's a pretty active regen on stam, you can't spam all skills at once.

This wouldn't be so bad for me if stamina regenerated when you ran, because to recover from jump I have to stand still.... now jump isn't useful for PvP because I have to walk

ShizzDawgg

Godly

It just seems weird that ALL of the bard skills require the use of mana AND stamina.
Pulse & icy aura shouldn't use stamina. Maybe even chakra, I don't really understand how that would make sense. At the moment, pulse & icy aura cost 3 stamina to cast each. The idea of implementing stamina to classes that shouldn't generally be stamina dependant just sort of bewilders me. I feel like a shaman from vanilla wow, that for some reason has an energy bar to deal with that definetely shouldn't be there. I'm not a rogue (at least in wow terms :p). If you're going to call bard a hybrid, you might as well make it's support skills cost stamina. Skill that I think should and shouldn't be affected:
Might - 3 stamina, 7% mana
Wisdom - 3 stamina, 7% mana
Quicken - 3 stamina, 7% mana
Kick - 4-5 stamina, 25% mana
Envenom - 3 stamina, 20% mana
------------------------------------
Pulse - No stamina, 20% mana
Icy aura - No stamina, 20% mana
Chakra - No stamina, 20% mana

Also, I would like to note that once you fall to 3 stamina, you can't really run. With the quicken cost being 5 stamina, this makes quicken almost obsolete as I can use no other skills in coalition with it because once I fall to 3 stamina or below, I am too fatigured to sprint. Just thought you'd like to know. :D

Edit: Oh, and your stamina really only regens when you're standing still. This makes pvp EXTREMELY slow, boring, and akward when you and your opponent are both standing still for some eerie reason that is stamina regeneration.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I bound Forcepush to raw fish. When i right clicked and used the skill it removed my fish T.T

I guess its an excuse to go fishing. but i assume this wasnt intended. i lose my main weapon while using skills bound to it :p.

Just a minor bug, ill do a lot of fishing now i guess. I assume same should apply for other food binds.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
It just seems weird that ALL of the bard skills require the use of mana AND stamina.
Pulse & icy aura shouldn't use stamina. Maybe even chakra, I don't really understand how that would make sense. At the moment, pulse & icy aura cost 3 stamina to cast each. The idea of implementing stamina to classes that shouldn't generally be stamina dependant just sort of bewilders me. I feel like a shaman from vanilla wow, that for some reason has an energy bar to deal with that definetely shouldn't be there. I'm not a rogue (at least in wow terms :p). If you're going to call bard a hybrid, you might as well make it's support skills cost stamina. Skill that I think should and shouldn't be affected:

Also, I would like to note that once you fall to 3 stamina, you can't really run. With the quicken cost being 5 stamina, this makes quicken almost obsolete as I can use no other skills in coalition with it because once I fall to 3 stamina or below, I am too fatigured to sprint. Just thought you'd like to know. :D

Edit: Oh, and your stamina really only regens when you're standing still. This makes pvp EXTREMELY slow, boring, and akward when you and your opponent are both standing still for some eerie reason that is stamina regeneration.
After I jump, I have to walk....

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Stam regens whether your standing still or not.

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I feel that spells are required to have a mana cost and a cooldown. Physical abilities are normally supposed to be timed correctly and wisely spent with the stamina system. For hybrids, the stamina cost I find is too high and should not be used for every ability. There should be some abilities that cost both at low costs to each as well as skills that only cost mana or only cost stamina.

Having the stamina regeneration cut in battle is a great loss for rogues or warrior or any melee classes. While they need to expend stamina to run and close the gap, they have already lost their resource bar closing the gap and can't make a big enough attack once they close the range while a caster class has full stamina and are able to simply outrun any melee class that used any ability and doesn't have enough stamina to keep up in the marathon.

Abilities with stamina seem to be costing way more than they should for at least paladin in my experience. Taunt costs half my stamina. This leaves me with no way to heal myself or use any ability to help defend my party if i need both my taunts.

Another descrepancy is with health regeneration. I understand that we are trying to make healers more desirable, but I don't think that this is the way to go about to do it.

I am sometimes prevented from eating food to regenerate my health when out of combat. Logging out and back in however does fix this.
Bug was fixed for a few restarts now it's back.

Also take fall damage / suffocation damage when logging in... (my friend logged out because he couldn't eat, logged out-in and died ...)

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I feel that spells are required to have a mana cost and a cooldown. Physical abilities are normally supposed to be timed correctly and wisely spent with the stamina system. For hybrids, the stamina cost I find is too high and should not be used for every ability. There should be some abilities that cost both at low costs to each as well as skills that only cost mana or only cost stamina.

Having the stamina regeneration cut in battle is a great loss for rogues or warrior or any melee classes. While they need to expend stamina to run and close the gap, they have already lost their resource bar closing the gap and can't make a big enough attack once they close the range while a caster class has full stamina and are able to simply outrun any melee class that used any ability and doesn't have enough stamina to keep up in the marathon.

Abilities with stamina seem to be costing way more than they should for at least paladin in my experience. Taunt costs half my stamina. This leaves me with no way to heal myself or use any ability to help defend my party if i need both my taunts.

Another descrepancy is with health regeneration. I understand that we are trying to make healers more desirable, but I don't think that this is the way to go about to do it.
Couldn't agree more.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

So you guys need to stop thinking about mana and stamina being equivalent. Stamina regens your full bar in 20 seconds. Mana will start to be more of a larger pool resource rather than a what stamina is turning into where it's 2-3 skills and you wait to regen for more abilities.

We will be balancing these out, so not to worry.