• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Howbadisbad's Balance Team Application

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
1. Minecraft IGN / Age: Howbadisbad ~ 18
2. Position applying for: Balance Team
3. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Over a year
4. What's your favorite class/path?: Beguiler, Dragoon, Disciple, Bloodmage
5. How often and in what timezone can you test?: I can test often, I am in college so I have a lot of free time whenever I don't have a big test or paper to do. So anywhere from 1Pm to 2Am weekdays, 10Am to 4Am Weekends. EST Timezone.
6. What sets you apart from other members applying for this team?: I have played many different MMORPG's including Runescape, WoW, TERA, SW:TOR, GW2, Fiesta Online, Aion, and many others.
I PvP'd extensively in all of these games, I was the war leader for my clan in Runescape, I had a respectable 1850ish Arena rating in WoW 3's. 83 Valor Operative in SW:TOR, and more ranks that you probably don't care very much about :p. But of course just having these titles and ranks does not mean I have a head for balance, anyone with a little skill can get them with a broken class. The reason why I know balance, is because I constantly debate with people on the forums of these various games about the viability of said classes in a PvP environment. I also PvP a fair amount on Herocraft, And I am within page 4 of the ammount of PvP kills as of this posting, without boosting by camping a graveyard or anything else that is looked down upon. My fights also range past those of just 1v1, as I have fought in many small skirmishes and fairly large battles (for this early in the map) such as the 8v8 against Tree Creepers today, Where Eclipse and I emerged victorious by planning our target order, and calling locations of specific targets we needed to drop in order to ensure our success on the battlefield.
7. Do you have any similar experience?:I have made balance proposals on other heroes servers, usually in the form of a thread that is then looked by admins. I am admittadly slightly overzealous in my changes sometimes, as I think the admins of the servers want to cut down on the ratchet effect that one feels when their class is nerfed after being overpowered, so the admins try to nerf the class less than is proposed. One example of said thread can be seen here: No links to other serves please

8. Do you understand this team is for balancing current skills only?: Yes
9. Can you follow directions from a team lead, no matter what they ask?:Yes, I prefer to follow, leading can be such a chore sometimes.
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am currently the only BloodMage on the server above lvl 10 at the time of this post. I feel like this puts me in a good place to judge the strengths of other classes that have many people playing them because I can offer the perspective of the BloodMage, which no one else can offer at this point in time, as BloodMage is a fairly unique class. I also have an extensive faction servers background, which is where I learned my skills of TnT cannoning, which Camelot experience early in the map. With this I am no stranger to Vanilla PvP, which has it's place in Herocraft, especially among Samurai.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
You have a well written application, and you seem to some knowledge about the subject. Just try not to get too 'overzealous', as we do what we can for the best of the server, even if it doesn't seem so right away ;)